Macerata Opera Festival (Sep. 6) officially cancelled

Ufficiale: Morrissey rinuncia al tour, annullato concerto allo Sferisterio - Cronache Maceratesi
MACERATA - La comunicazione arrivata dalla produzione italiana Leg Live Emotion Group: "La decisione presa dallo stesso artista dopo quanto accaduto a Roma"

Google Translate to English:

...The news had not been confirmed until the official production of Liv Live Emotion Group came from official announcement that the Morrissey concert, scheduled for the Sferisterio Live Macerata music show for September 6th , Was annulled by the artist himself. "Unfortunately" reads the note sent by Leg, "we have had definite confirmation that the artist will not have any concerts in Italy after what happened in Rome. We expected to send the official announcement because the Italian production tried until the last moment to find a mediation in order to confirm the Italian dates but this morning we had definitive confirmation that for the moment the dates will not take place."

The programming of Sferisterio Live Macerata, however, promises great music nights in the macerate arena that can satisfy the needs of a diverse audience. The first event is with the extraordinary event of the concert by Thom Yorke and Johnny Greenwood of Radioheads on August 20th, a concert by two internationally renowned artists to promote extraordinary fundraising aimed at a cultural project for works affected by the earthquake Has already sold out.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
NO, if they were really his fans or just intelligent people, they would understand that he is standing up for their rights and other innocent peoples rights, people who are in danger because of cops or laws that may protect cops who abuse their power and therefor can fatally hurt someone who is innocent.

So who is really losing here? well, the answer is... the people are the ones losing if they let this kind of thug like behavior from cop/cops or the law that's in place to protect them to go on as it is.

I think it's M's intention to bring this to the attention of all by his first response and by the cancellation/s of these show/s.

:tiphat:

If he's really so concerned about how the police treat the citizenry ... I guess no more US shows (definitely not since the US is where he got his balls fondled - and not in an enjoyable way). He certainly would not want to subject his audience to the rampant sexual assault that might ensue.

Of course I'm being absurd, but I'm really just trying to follow your train.

Last edited:
If he's really so concerned about how the police treat the citizenry ... I guess no more US shows (definitely not since the US is where he got his balls fondled - and not in an enjoyable way). He certainly would not want to subject his audience to the rampant sexual assault that might ensue.

Good luck trying to follow 'that' 4kin train. :crazy:

#we:loveletter:Rome

Benny-the-British-Butcher:greatbritain::knife:

Don't know, guess you'd need to ask him rather than just wondering why. You can also ask, why no shows in Canada, when there is brutality to animals everywhere? M is full of contradiction, but aren't we all?on different levels, through the choices we make and don't ? Who is 'perfect' ? and is perfection really want we want?

Though, I guess the threat of death by a cop for no reason really pissed him off (as it should everyone). If he declared no shows in the U.S because of a serious threat to his life then I think him canceling shows would not be such a surprise. Someone has to take a stand, and I'm glad to see that he is. He's losing a lot of money, and doesn't make it easier for himself at all, as in building trust between him and those he is doing business with. I think he's just doing what he thinks best to do in that moment, emotionally charged and with the risk of much self sabotage.

is it so absurd to ride the crazy train of love? C'mon! take a ride with me !

Crazy, but that's how it goes
Millions of people living as foes
Maybe it's not too late
To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

:thumb:

thought we already had a 'love icon'? or should we call him the ICON OF LOVE ? :love::cool:

That was a good show, despite the "golden circle" which kept many people (Not I) fenced at the back.
It was also my daughter's first concert. I wanted to make it memorable, and I succeeded in that!

yes it's best to convert them when they're still young enough to know better. No regrets on your part surely?
She sprang from the womb sarcastic and melodramatic. So it was only fitting. M isn't her absolute favorite, though. That honor goes to Devo as well as the B52s. She is 9 after all, so I can see the cartoonish appeal.

Morrissey has become the Benny Hill of the music industry.

Tired old comedy.

Reckon how can a concert be cancelled when it was never officially scheduled?

Baskin Robbins-official ice cream of Liver Pool kickball team. New Balance-official uniform supplier of Liver Pool kickball team.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom