Man says homophobic security guard slammed his head into a seat during a Morrissey show in Portland

Man Says Homophobic Security Guard Slammed His Head Into a Seat During a Morrissey Show in Portland - Willamette Week
Man held hands with his male partner and rested his head on his shoulder at Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall.

By Jayce Wagner for Willamette Week.

A Portland man is suing two event organizers a year after he was allegedly assaulted during a Morrissey concert by a security guard who objected to seeing him holding hands and resting his head on his male partner's shoulder.

Excerpt:
(NB: Maldonado = Vincenzo Maldonado)

"The suit says Maldonado and his partner were just two of many people who got up and moved closer to the stage. However, the lawsuit alleges Maldonado and his partner, another man, were singled out by a security guard. The guard approached Maldonado and his partner and asked them to return to their seats.

It was at that time, the lawsuit claims, another concertgoer saw this and indicated that the two seats beside her were unclaimed. Maldonado says he and his partner occupied those seats, but remained standing.

As the next song started, Maldonado says he held hands with his partner and rested his head on his partner's shoulder, and the security guard came back. This time, the lawsuit alleges, the security guard called Maldonado a "maricon", a Spanish-language anti-gay slur, and demanded he and his partner leave the venue at once.

Before Maldonado could respond, he alleges the security guard grabbed him by the shirt and slammed his head into seat in front of him, breaking his nose. Maldonado lost consciousness, and started bleeding, the lawsuit alleges—and says the security guard offered no assistance."

Unusual little article highlighting a fan's legal suit.
Anyone in attendance see this happen?
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for sticking up for me it means a lot. I have been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome which is on the autistic spectrum.

I'm female, heterosexual (straight) and I'm a Christian. I don't like bullying at all.
That's okay. I have a son with mild Asperger's and I don't like bullying either.

This is really terrible what happened to you. This must of caused much trauma in your life. The security man sounds like he is a real bully. I know that 2007 is quite a long time ago now but I know that trauma can last for years well after the initial incident. From what I understand bullying is about a power imbalance. They want to have power and control over others. They can also come across as entitled. They lack empathy and compassion for others. They don't seem to show remorse when they hurt people. There is also the issue of superiority. They want to feel superior to others and they put them down.

It isn't actually clear what Morrissey's sexuality is but it is possible that he might be bisexual. Anne Marie Waters is openly lesbian in a civil partnership. I think Styxhexenhammer666 ('Styx') might be bisexual but I'm not totally sure about that though.

One of the things I like about Morrissey is that he isn't prejudice about homosexuals. Morrissey is a fan of Oscar Wilde who was a homosexual. There might be other writers and artists that Morrissey likes that are homosexual.

I haven't personally had any problems at Morrissey's concerts/gigs. I have had only positive experiences. I have only been able to go to one of Morrissey's concerts so far though and I went on my own.

I'm female, heterosexual (straight) and I'm a Christian. I would rather spend time with gay men than hard, aggressive, macho straight men like this security man.
StyxHexenHammer is straight. He has a girlfriend and she's a lot prettier than Heather. Tarl has more money than Andy Rourke and he's a better dresser.

Thank you for sticking up for me it means a lot. I have been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome which is on the autistic spectrum.

I'm female, heterosexual (straight) and I'm a Christian. I don't like bullying at all.

Hi TTC. I thought your response to my post was well-reasoned. A lot of people have differing opinions when it comes to Morrissey mainly because he is so opaque on many levels leaving much up to interpretation.

The best art is like this though making almost every nuance an opportunity to exchange thoughts and ideas through discussion. Many here hold this belief and it is what makes visiting this site fun.

We hired an intern with Asperger's and he was a kind, conscientious, and thoughtful person. I quite admired his ability to do many of the things I simply took for granted. He went to University, ended up getting a job at a local bank and living in his own apartment. I am very happy for him.

StyxHexenHammer is straight. He has a girlfriend and she's a lot prettier than Heather. Tarl has more money than Andy Rourke and he's a better dresser.

Oh hell, the lunatic is back from the asylum! Have the years changed nothing, Andy I?

Neither do I Tom Tom. Hoscar loved Constants. FACT.:sweet:

So a guy working for a gay guy attacks a gay guy?

This should become a funny scene on SNL.

Is this anything to do with the artist known as Morrissey
He's able to smell a sausage a mile away and piss off his world for that, but he's unable to see a fan being beaten ten yards ahead of him ... Pathetic

Oh hell, the lunatic is back from the asylum! Have the years changed nothing, Andy I?
Styxhexenhammer likes cats. Heather doesn't like cats. I don't know about Andy Rourke. Mike Joyce likes cats. Johnny Marr and Morrissey like dogs. What happened to Morrissey's German Shepard?
18216522_1525047704186484_7879487525775092057_o.jpg

I think this comes from the same person that either collates or created them to then post on twitter at one point (including the Moz in bed picture). The picture then surfaced on pintrest, but there's no 'official' source or credit for it whatsoever. Just his head glued on.
Regards,
FWD.
Can you point me to it? I don't post my shops on Twitter, and I'd like to see it.

Well it fooled me for ages! Perhaps I just saw what I wanted to see. But it's a cute image, all the same.
:lbf: Yes I guess you saw what you wanted to see, and that's ok. Listen, I made more than 600 Moz photoshops, they were all silly fun, never meant for them to survive the Livejournal days.

:lbf: Yes I guess you saw what you wanted to see, and that's ok. Listen, I made more than 600 Moz photoshops, they were all silly fun, never meant for them to survive the Livejournal days.
Wow, didn't know you made so many, Di! But I am aware of your Mozoshops, they are quite legendary around these parts :thumb:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom