Man says homophobic security guard slammed his head into a seat during a Morrissey show in Portland

Man Says Homophobic Security Guard Slammed His Head Into a Seat During a Morrissey Show in Portland - Willamette Week
Man held hands with his male partner and rested his head on his shoulder at Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall.

By Jayce Wagner for Willamette Week.

A Portland man is suing two event organizers a year after he was allegedly assaulted during a Morrissey concert by a security guard who objected to seeing him holding hands and resting his head on his male partner's shoulder.

Excerpt:
(NB: Maldonado = Vincenzo Maldonado)

"The suit says Maldonado and his partner were just two of many people who got up and moved closer to the stage. However, the lawsuit alleges Maldonado and his partner, another man, were singled out by a security guard. The guard approached Maldonado and his partner and asked them to return to their seats.

It was at that time, the lawsuit claims, another concertgoer saw this and indicated that the two seats beside her were unclaimed. Maldonado says he and his partner occupied those seats, but remained standing.

As the next song started, Maldonado says he held hands with his partner and rested his head on his partner's shoulder, and the security guard came back. This time, the lawsuit alleges, the security guard called Maldonado a "maricon", a Spanish-language anti-gay slur, and demanded he and his partner leave the venue at once.

Before Maldonado could respond, he alleges the security guard grabbed him by the shirt and slammed his head into seat in front of him, breaking his nose. Maldonado lost consciousness, and started bleeding, the lawsuit alleges—and says the security guard offered no assistance."

Unusual little article highlighting a fan's legal suit.
Anyone in attendance see this happen?
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
:wink:

WTF?
that was not Moz security that crushed the stage invader FFS that was venue security. :flushed:
Boz is the only stage security Moz carries with him, get a grip on reality.

Peeps in Portland are known to snap at a moments notice. Oftentimes the stories are told
of poor homeless peeps being pelted with paper bags filled with cheesburgers.
In effect, Portland security are known as walking time bombs.:smileycat:

:wink:

WTF?
that was not Moz security that crushed the stage invader FFS that was venue security. :flushed:
Boz is the only stage security Moz carries with him, get a grip on reality.

Peeps in Portland are known to snap at a moments notice. Oftentimes the stories are told
of poor homeless peeps being pelted with paper bags filled with cheesburgers.
In effect, Portland security are known as walking time bombs.:smileycat:

homeless dude in Portland knocked out by a cheeburger laden bag:

images

VERY DANGEROUS CITY!:censored:

This is really terrible what happened to you. This must of caused much trauma in your life. The security man sounds like he is a bully. I know that 2007 is quite a long time ago now but I know that trauma can last for years well after the initial incident. From what I understand bullying is about a power imbalance. They want to have power and control over others. They can also come across as entitled. They lack empathy and compassion for others.

It isn't actually clear what Morrissey's sexuality is but it is possible that he might be bisexual. Anne Marie Waters is openly lesbian in a civil partnership. I think Styxhexenhammer666 ('Styx') might be bisexual but I'm not totally sure about that though.

One of the things I like about Morrissey is that he isn't prejudice about homosexuals. Morrissey is a fan of Oscar Wilde and he was homosexual. There might be other writers and artists that Morrissey likes that are homosexual.

I haven't personally had any problems at Morrissey's concerts/gigs. I have had only positive experiences. I have only been able to go to one of his concerts so far and I went on my own.
Actually, I’m sorry to contradict you but OW was not gay, he was married with 2 children :rolleyes: FACT

This is really terrible what happened to you. This must of caused much trauma in your life. The security man sounds like he is a bully. I know that 2007 is quite a long time ago now but I know that trauma can last for years well after the initial incident. From what I understand bullying is about a power imbalance. They want to have power and control over others. They can also come across as entitled. They lack empathy and compassion for others.

LOL.

Whatever you say cream puff.

Actually, I’m sorry to contradict you but OW was not gay, he was married with 2 children :rolleyes: FACT
My hairdresser was also married with 3 children but then went to live with a big bearded man called Graham and was very much gay. The ability to procreate does not determine your sexuality. FACT.

:rolleyes:

WtF? you dont like anyone always hating on everbody!!!

did i read correctly? "I wasnt at this show,so I cant speak as an authority"o_O
is that right???:straightface:

if you were there then you would have could have spoken as evennow?:crazy:
('sometimes a gift can be a curse', Ecclesiastes maybe:crazy:)

My hairdresser was also married with 3 children but then went to live with a big bearded man called Graham and was very much gay. The ability to procreate does not determine your sexuality. FACT.

Oscar was bi, fact and didn't do anal fact.

But how cute would it be to have a mini-Morrissey?

But how cute would it be to have a mini-Morrissey?

I kind of agree! But at what cost to the poor child, though? I mean, just look at him... reluctant doesn't begin to cover it :lbf: I do love that photo, though. Always wondered if it's one of his nephews?

I kind of agree! But at what cost to the poor child, though? I mean, just look at him... reluctant doesn't begin to cover it :lbf: I do love that photo, though. Always wondered if it's one of his nephews?

Probably. I like the fact he put that glove on and was comfortable having his photo taken. He could surprise you and be a doting dad.

To be honest as horrifying as it seemed when Michael Jackson...let's say...arrived at having children they all seem to be very well adjusted adults. So it is not beyond the realm of possibility. I don't see him changing diapers though. :eyes: :ahhh:

I believe this a 'shopped' picture.
Regards,
FWD.

Probably. I like the fact he put that glove on and was comfortable having his photo taken. He could surprise you and be a doting dad.

To be honest as horrifying as it seemed when Michael Jackson...let's say...arrived at having children they all seem to be very well adjusted adults. So it is not beyond the realm of possibility. I don't see him changing diapers though. :eyes: :ahhh:
Um... I think it's fairly unlikely. I think it's pretty evident he's 'not in the vagina business'. :lbf: And he's far too self-absorbed to be able to handle some 'mewling monster' hogging all the attention. It's a cute idea, but the reality would be a disaster. I think it's probably worked out for the best.

Um... I think it's fairly unlikely. I think it's pretty evident he's 'not in the vagina business'. :lbf: And he's far too self-absorbed to be able to handle some 'mewling monster' hogging all the attention. It's a cute idea, but the reality would be a disaster. I think it's probably worked out for the best.

vagina business ?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom