Man says homophobic security guard slammed his head into a seat during a Morrissey show in Portland

Man Says Homophobic Security Guard Slammed His Head Into a Seat During a Morrissey Show in Portland - Willamette Week
Man held hands with his male partner and rested his head on his shoulder at Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall.

By Jayce Wagner for Willamette Week.

A Portland man is suing two event organizers a year after he was allegedly assaulted during a Morrissey concert by a security guard who objected to seeing him holding hands and resting his head on his male partner's shoulder.

Excerpt:
(NB: Maldonado = Vincenzo Maldonado)

"The suit says Maldonado and his partner were just two of many people who got up and moved closer to the stage. However, the lawsuit alleges Maldonado and his partner, another man, were singled out by a security guard. The guard approached Maldonado and his partner and asked them to return to their seats.

It was at that time, the lawsuit claims, another concertgoer saw this and indicated that the two seats beside her were unclaimed. Maldonado says he and his partner occupied those seats, but remained standing.

As the next song started, Maldonado says he held hands with his partner and rested his head on his partner's shoulder, and the security guard came back. This time, the lawsuit alleges, the security guard called Maldonado a "maricon", a Spanish-language anti-gay slur, and demanded he and his partner leave the venue at once.

Before Maldonado could respond, he alleges the security guard grabbed him by the shirt and slammed his head into seat in front of him, breaking his nose. Maldonado lost consciousness, and started bleeding, the lawsuit alleges—and says the security guard offered no assistance."

Unusual little article highlighting a fan's legal suit.
Anyone in attendance see this happen?
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
But how cute would it be to have a mini-Morrissey?

ew, how could somebody do this?

Really? Wow! I never knew that! Do you know where the original comes from, FWD? Or have they just stuck his head on somebody else?
I think this comes from the same person that either collates or created them to then post on twitter at one point (including the Moz in bed picture). The picture then surfaced on pintrest, but there's no 'official' source or credit for it whatsoever. Just his head glued on.
Regards,
FWD.

another authority figure:lbf:
got triggered.:wink:

this one has comedic aspirations.:smirkcat:

"I wouldn't have the gall to assume any living thing would want me as a father. What a burden to place on a small, innocent child."

Morrissey, Hotpress 2009

I will. Which show was this? The Halloween show? Or the one before? Security at the Arlene Schnitzer concert hall are very rude, but I have never- and I mean NEVER seen them get physical with anybody at any of the probably 20-25 shows I have seen there. I have been the person who gets up and moves to the front, and the closest thing to physicality I have seen, is multiple guards forming a human wall in the aisle and walking toward people to get them to move back. Are they assholes? Sometimes. But like I said, I have never seen it go beyond verbal abuse.

Edit: I have seen Morrissey's own security manhandle and abuse stage invaders in recent years, such as the young woman they slammed to the stage, crushed, and dragged away screaming at the Edgefield show a couple of years ago.

Edited Again: I wasn't at this show, so I can't speak as an authority, and it is conceivable that somebody had a horrible day at work and lashed out at another. But from my experience, I think you would have to get physical to receive physical at this venue. Others in town I could see (and have seen) house security kicking the shit out of someone.
I'm not liking the "forming a human wall and walking toward you" part. f*** that. Isn't that in itself a violent act, or at least a threat of one? What would you need to do to deserve that?
I think if that happened in my home country (Ireland) there would be a mini riot. We don't follow orders unless they make sense.

Hold a baby, or photoshop Moz's head?
well....both! what I meant though was how could anyone make such a cringy--and confusing--photo? cringey because I don't want to see moz like that, condescending like that, to a baby, no less. and confusing because on the one hand I want to melt a little because, after all, it is moz and he is looking rather fetching, but then my eye moves to that little lumpy mass in the left corner and then to the silly thing moz has on his hand, and then I want to be ill from the vision of pedestrian coziness it embodies. it's problematic, to say the least!

well....both! what I meant though was how could anyone make such a cringy--and confusing--photo? cringey because I don't want to see moz like that, condescending like that, to a baby, no less. and confusing because on the one hand I want to melt a little because, after all, it is moz and he is looking rather fetching, but then my eye moves to that little lumpy mass in the left corner and then to the silly thing moz has on his hand, and then I want to be ill from the vision of pedestrian coziness it embodies. it's problematic, to say the least!
Well, I guess it's supposed to be confusing - that's why someone went to the trouble. Because we know that it's not what he would do. A bit like Shopping him wearing gumboots, a hard hat and a fluorescent donkey jacket; or a McDonald's staff uniform. So you can take comfort from the fact that, like a scary horror movie, it's Just Pretend and it'll Never Happen :)

Well, I guess it's supposed to be confusing - that's why someone went to the trouble. Because we know that it's not what he would do. A bit like Shopping him wearing gumboots, a hard hat and a fluorescent donkey jacket; or a McDonald's staff uniform. So you can take comfort from the fact that, like a scary horror movie, it's Just Pretend and it'll Never Happen :)
i am so glad to hear you say that!

Is this photoshopped
20181014_111707.jpg

20181014_111413.jpg

Quite legit, it was taken from the family's social media and then shared briefly around the houses - now deleted (Jake Walters taking the album cover picture).
Regards,
FWD.

Actually, I’m sorry to contradict you but OW was not gay, he was married with 2 children :rolleyes: FACT
Thank you for letting me know. I'm not sure who OW is though. Is that Tammy Waynette?

Whether someone is gay or straight it is still wrong to attack them or to bully them.

Thank you for letting me know. I'm not sure who OW is though. Is that Tammy Waynette?

Whether someone is gay or straight it is still wrong to attack them or to bully them.
What? You actually don't remember what you posted here yesterday?
OW is Oscar Wilde.

What? You actually don't remember what you posted here yesterday?
OW is Oscar Wilde.
Oh sorry you meant Oscar Wilde. I was trying to think what OW stood for. I should of worked it out though!

OW = Oscar Wilde.

Yes Oscar Wilde was married with 2 children. Maybe this marriage was a front? Or maybe he was bisexual? I don't know for sure but Oscar Wilde was also known to have at least one homosexual relationship at a time when being gay was illegal here in Britain.

Last edited:
He could surprise you and be a doting dad.

To be honest as horrifying as it seemed when Michael Jackson...let's say...arrived at having children they all seem to be very well adjusted adults. So it is not beyond the realm of possibility. I don't see him changing diapers though. :eyes: :ahhh:
I think that Michael Jackson was an amazing father to his 3 children. Michael Jackson's daughter Paris Jackson has had a lot of emotional problems since Michael Jackson died. I think it is very sad that Michael Jackson died so young he was just 50 years old.

Michael Jackson's 3 children are: His eldest son Prince Jackson, his daughter Paris Jackson and the youngest is his son 'Blanket' (which is a nickname or pet name which is meant with love as a sign of endearment and affection it means to blanket someone with love) he goes by the name Bigi Jackson these days. Bigi/Blanket's full proper name is Prince Michael Jackson II and he is 16 years old now.

I think that Michael Jackson's daughter Paris Jackson is a fan of Morrissey/The Smiths.

I'm not sure that Morrissey has ever really been into Michael Jackson's music and/or the Jackson family.

I think that Morrissey would make a great father and he might be willing to change babies nappies/diapers but he obviously doesn't want to have any children of his own and that is his choice! Morrissey is a 'father figure' though to some people. I think that both Morrissey and Michael Jackson were/are father figures to some people.

I'm not totally sure that Michael Jackson's 3 children are his biological children but he brought them up as his own and they were legally his children.

I'm a fan of both Morrissey and Michael Jackson. I also like Elvis Presley.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom