Manchester Atrocity

Meet Morrissey's new audience. Hope you're happy together.

Happy by not getting blown up. LOL:crazy:
Chill dude, things are totally f ed up over there, they have the warning level up to SUPER CRITICAL but lets not blame Muslims, all Allah Allah aside. Lets find some poor Eskimo floating on an ice cake, and blame him
Anyone and everyone but the Religion of Peace.
No skin off my surfboard, if you feel like having some more mosques up there, more rock power to you.:rock:

A grey Tuesday morning, 'neath Lancastrian skies
We wake once again to wipe tears from our eyes.
Forced to wear robes of weakness and pity,
As cowards attack the very heart of our city.

Like always we'll comfort and hold one another,
A Mancunian family of sisters and brothers.
For a time our strut is reduced to a stagger,
But make no mistake, we'll rekindle our swagger.

We'll learn how to live with another deep scar.
If you think you can beat us, you don't know who we are!

We're Collyhurst, Ancoats, Moston and Sale.
We're Oldham and Bury; Ashton; Rochdale.

We're Pankhurst and Turing, the Gallagher Brothers,
We're Morrissey, Marr and a million others!

We're a city of workers, a city of shirkers.
A city of tracksuits, and bibles and burkas.

Vegetarian, Rastafarian, Atheist, Jew.

100% red! 100% blue!

We're each of us different but never alone.
In the Cosmopolitopia we get to call 'home'.

So, come at us again, and again if you must.
Time after time we'll rise from the dust.
You'll never prevail - not against us...

This is Manchester, our Manchester,
And the bees still buzz!

Poem as read by Liam Fray at the Courteeners gig last night (written by a friend of his apparently).

Last edited:
This is better than the one read out at the vigil that everyone seems to think is fantastic.

The elephant in the room... arena... train station IS religious fundamentalism--particularly Islamic fundamentalism. Denying it is being intellectually dishonest. I'm looking at YOU bleeding heart liberals. Has nothing to do with race. It's religious tribalism. Moz's statement wasn't racist; it was honest.

The elephant in the room... arena... train station IS religious fundamentalism--particularly Islamic fundamentalism. Denying it is being intellectually dishonest. I'm looking at YOU bleeding heart liberals. Has nothing to do with race. It's religious tribalism. Moz's statement wasn't racist; it was honest.

Very interesting.:rock:

Are all Islamic fundamentalists in Europe terrorists. Have they all commited acts of terror

Are all Islamic fundamentalists in Europe terrorists. Have they all commited acts of terror

Have all Commies purged peeps? Or opened a Gulag?:crazy:
They are enablers, which are just as bad. When you have you seen one of the fundamentalists condemn Islam? Peeps are always condemning Christianity but you dont see them criticizing the Prophet who did all kind of evil stuff.

Have all Commies purged peeps? Or opened a Gulag?:crazy:
They are enablers, which are just as bad. When you have you seen one of the fundamentalists condemn Islam? Peeps are always condemning Christianity but you dont see them criticizing the Prophet who did all kind of evil stuff.

Why would an Islamic fundamentalist condemn Islam. I'm concerned about Islamic terrorist like the ones that attack people many of whom aren't always very religious or live fundamentalist lives. The way you think every internet troll who posts a meme of a politician with target over it is an enabler of the terrorist who killed cox. Does something need to be done about them enabling violence

Why would an Islamic fundamentalist condemn Islam. I'm concerned about Islamic terrorist like the ones that attack people many of whom aren't always very religious or live fundamentalist lives. The way you think every internet troll who posts a meme of a politician with target over it is an enabler of the terrorist who killed cox. Does something need to be done about them enabling violence

Dude, please salamalechem yourself!:squiffy:
The fing Islam terrorists arent very religious? :crazy:
Jihad is anti fundamentalist? Dude, locate your Koran ASAP.
'The way you think every...." Dude, stay away from the brown acid, its made in tin cans.

Peace in the Middle East.

Even the attacker in Manchester, who was more religious than other terrorists, wasn't motivated to attack heathens or insults to Islam/allah he wanted revenge over bombings in Syria which is a political motivation. I've never seen an Islamic fundamentalist in Europe defend terrorism but if you think making a comment supporting violent acts is enabling real purpotrators then it should apply to everyone. Your racial prejudice religious bias is showing in that you don't condem any other enablers of violence even on this board and there are many many examples. Terrorists are criminals so let's find and dismantle criminal networks and not use a minority of Islamic followers who commit atrocities to enable our own pre existing racist religious prejudices

Flying the flag for United and the whole of Manchester and in a time like this the club name seems extra fitting cause Manchester is United now no matter who you support. It's the wrong way in picture as it is turned the right way for anyone passing by outside on what is a holiday here in Sweden as we celebrate Ascension Day.

WP_20170525_18_44_20_Pro.jpg

Even the attacker in Manchester, who was more religious than other terrorists, wasn't motivated to attack heathens or insults to Islam/allah he wanted revenge over bombings in Syria which is a political motivation. I've never seen an Islamic fundamentalist in Europe defend terrorism but if you think making a comment supporting violent acts is enabling real purpotrators then it should apply to everyone. Your racial prejudice religious bias is showing in that you don't condem any other enablers of violence even on this board and there are many many examples. Terrorists are criminals so let's find and dismantle criminal networks and not use a minority of Islamic followers who commit atrocities to enable our own pre existing racist religious prejudices

OK, so even though the terrorist was not Syrian, his behavior can be considered politically--not religiously--motivated? Why? Because he said so and that is good enough for an irrational apologist such as yourself? And how does race fit in to the equation--anywhere? His actions were ideologically based, as you said, motivated by his beliefs. You say political; I say religious. Either way, his behavior had absolutely nothing to do with race. Race is genetic--intrinsic. Religion and nationality are ascribed--assigned by one's culture. He was taught to hate and kill. It wasn't because he happened to have genes associated with a particular race.

Racist religious prejudices? Racist and religious (prejudices) are two separate concepts. Preexisting? You mean before one's taught to have biases? It there a gene(s) for that?

OK, so even though the terrorist was not Syrian, his behavior can be considered politically--not religiously--motivated? Why? Because he said so and that is good enough for an irrational apologist such as yourself? And how does race fit in to the equation--anywhere? His actions were ideologically based, as you said, motivated by his beliefs. You say political; I say religious. Either way, his behavior had absolutely nothing to do with race. Race is genetic--intrinsic. Religion and nationality are ascribed--assigned by one's culture. He was taught to hate and kill. It wasn't because he happened to have genes associated with a particular race.

Racist religious prejudices? Racist and religious (prejudices) are two separate concepts. Preexisting? You mean before one's taught to have biases? It there a gene(s) for that?

The question I have for you is whether Morrissey's Islamophobia makes you more comfortable with his anti-Semitism.

How exactly is it the elephant in the room when everyone and their dog are aware of the religious fundamentalism of groups like ISIS?
None of the so called "liberals" are arguing that it's a cultural or religious right to throw gays off rooftops etc.

At the same time, it's equally absurd to think that western actions in the middle east don't create enmity that these groups can and do exploit, regardless of the religious indoctrination aspect.

Moz's statement fails miserably in that in reduces the conversation down to the lowest common denominator of "blame the muslims".

Muslims are not a homogenous group, and you can criticise the ideology of extremism without resorting to lazy generalisations - which incidentally is what these groups hope for, since it gives them much more ammunition to recruit those who might otherwise be ambivalent.

I do hope the war of words end now in Britan and that everyone pull together to deal with the problem.

In Sweden in recent days the tone has changed and the war of words have in some cases ended. It began when author and screenplay writer and LGBQ "ambassador" Jonas Gardell invited long time social media enemy Marcus Birro who is also an author to have lunch with him.

The message from Jonas was "get out of the trenches and begin to talk with each other", meaning people should start talking with those they consider their enemy on social media and so on. They had lunch and have now started something that hopefully leads to the stand off being broken.

I think this is the way forward and maybe it is that politics cannot fix everything like we tend to believe. I know some say everything is politics and of course in a sense it is but there are also areas of life where you can actively work for change without it ending up in the hands of politicians and it is there real change can be made.

The lunch mates and former enemies last week, Jonas and Marcus:

680.jpg

How exactly is it the elephant in the room when everyone and their dog are aware of the religious fundamentalism of groups like ISIS?
None of the so called "liberals" are arguing that it's a cultural or religious right to throw gays off rooftops etc.

At the same time, it's equally absurd to think that western actions in the middle east don't create enmity that these groups can and do exploit, regardless of the religious indoctrination aspect.

Moz's statement fails miserably in that in reduces the conversation down to the lowest common denominator of "blame the muslims".

Muslims are not a homogenous group, and you can criticise the ideology of extremism without resorting to lazy generalisations - which incidentally is what these groups hope for, since it gives them much more ammunition to recruit those who might otherwise be ambivalent.

His statements worse as he lives in his own bubble criticizes others for not saying something that he also fails to say out loud but rather covert with a ambiguous insinuation. I wish he had run for mayor and won just to get a does of political reality and the effort it takes to do the job

A week ago those kids and a lot of parents were looking forward to a gig that ended in horror. It has taken a week for it to sink in and it is completely heartbreaking.

Back
Top Bottom