Manchester Atrocity

ACTON

Don't Leave Us In The Dark
Last edited:
So many attacks you almost don't know what to say anymore as you just feel you're repeating yourself. Aside from finding out if this is a lone act, the explosive suggests it's not, or if he was part of a network it looks like some focus needs to be on security screening at these events. The bomb couldn't have been that small. Sad day

This sucks.

These bastards will, unfortunately, always be able to find some way to inflict pain on society. There will always be trucks on the street and thus the opportunity to use one as a WMD. This terrorist stationed himself in the foyer as people were leaving the show. In many places (perhaps not in this case) security heading into the venue becomes lax around the end of the show. Even if they had excellent pre-concert security checks, it might be easy to wander into the lobby as the show lets out.

f***ing bastard.

The filthy degenarates attacked children knowing they were doing so. It's hard to believe investigators still say "we're investigating if there's a network behind". Really??

Maybe it's time to set aside domestic differences and spot the true enemy. Just saying. On Wednesday Trump and the Pope will have a meeting. Guess the two of them will have to change some of their views to face the common danger.

Some people, taking care of their economic businesses, say because of internet this is a global society, but internet is just a cable or a signal that can be hacked, like they did yesterday morning attacking my local isp.

If we exist as physical bodies we are obliged to reside on a particular land. Those bodies can be killed, tortured, abused, discriminated, exploited. With the obvious human right to have religious freedom or being atheists, if people live in christian land they must follow christian rules, values and interests. That is not fascism, that is historical realism and pure common sense.

Russell Brand via his Facebook:

"As I read the news of these sad murders in Manchester, posted directly to my home screen I engage in the futile mental gymnastics of trying to understand. Trying to understand the grief of survivors, the gaping bereavement of family members. The fierce and insular insanity of the perpetrator. I am baffled by the scope of our human capacity to feel or not feel. To love or not love. To kill.
Futile even to try to understand the confusion of those directly affected, in their sudden, jagged pain. The vertigo of unexpected loss. Their journey is just beginning, a thousand unfolding horrors await. Tickets to a gig, a pleasing memento converted to a marker of this pointless pain. A life time to wonder what might've been or not been.
Terror is so called perhaps in part because it cannot ever be stopped. We know this don't we? We know we can't stop people turning cars, planes and public spaces into accessories to murder. There can never be enough metal detectors or screening procedures, or checks or bans or vengeful responses. There will always be people in the world that find a flag under which to this express unfathomable cruelty. I cannot understand it. There are too many things I love to abandon my life to hatred, starting with my girlfriend and daughter all the way to places I've been and unthinkingly enjoyed, like Manchester. What depths must be inhabited to inflict such suffering? Thank God I can't imagine it.
Neither can I imagine the grief of those adrift in delirious sadness, the choking, coiling misery.
Just the sharp pang when I look at that little girl's smiling face.
My mind is too limited for these extremes and these extremists driven by goals that I do not understand. I hope I never know the pain. I don't pretend to understand the victims, the bereaved, or the perpetrator. I have a sense that hatred comes from hatred and love comes from love. Perhaps there is a simple duty for those of us not directly affected - to know that we can't hate our way out of this. To be loving and to be strong. At times like this to be loving takes incredible strength. As that peculiar and great son of Manchester, Morrissey said "It's easy to laugh, it's easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind." Observe how this event is reported. Observe how it is used. Stay true to love and try to be strong and kind."
#ManchesterBombing #WeStandTogether

How long until Morrissey puts his foot in his mouth about this sickening tragedy? You almost hope he just stays silent on it.

How long until Morrissey puts his foot in his mouth about this sickening tragedy? You almost hope he just stays silent on it.

Morrissey had the balls to talk about this before things happened. If you didn't notice, you didn't pay attention.
Who are the TRUE snowflakes?

Morrissey will be hugely affected by this.
It's his home city, it's the venue that's perhaps come to symbolise more than any other his 21st century success (he must have played there 3 or 4 times now), and it took place on his birthday. He's obsessed with pop music and this is the biggest ever atrocity to affect a musical event in Britain.
He will inevitably comment - in response to an interview questionnaire at some point, if not a blog type posting (e.g. on TTY). Let's just hope he comes up with something sensitive and insightful, rather than the clumsiness we've come to expect of late.
MM

Morrissey will be hugely affected by this.
It's his home city, it's the venue that's perhaps come to symbolise more than any other his 21st century success (he must have played there 3 or 4 times now), and it took place on his birthday. He's obsessed with pop music and this is the biggest ever atrocity to affect a musical event in Britain.
He will inevitably comment - in response to an interview questionnaire at some point, if not a blog type posting (e.g. on TTY). Let's just hope he comes up with something sensitive and insightful, rather than the clumsiness we've come to expect of late.
MM
I agree. It's one of the reasons I posted the thread under 'General Discussion' because (1) it was/is a shocking atrocity in Manchester, (2) it happened on his birthday, and (3) Johnny Marr has already commented on it. It was moved to 'off topic' and I can fully understand why. I just couldn't bring myself to post it under 'off topic'. It just didn't seem right, even though that is probably the correct and logical place to have this thread. Logic can be cold though.

From the "official" Facebook page:

Celebrating my birthday in Manchester as news of the Manchester Arena bomb broke. The anger is monumental.
For what reason will this ever stop?

Theresa May says such attacks "will not break us", but her own life is lived in a bullet-proof bubble, and she evidently does not need to identify any young people today in Manchester morgues. Also, "will not break us" means that the tragedy will not break her, or her policies on immigration. The young people of Manchester are already broken - thanks all the same, Theresa. Sadiq Khan says "London is united with Manchester", but he does not condemn Islamic State - who have claimed responsibility for the bomb. The Queen receives absurd praise for her 'strong words' against the attack, yet she does not cancel today's garden party at Buckingham Palace - for which no criticism is allowed in the Britain of free press. Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says the attack is the work of an "extremist". An extreme what? An extreme rabbit?

In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private. Politicians tell us they are unafraid, but they are never the victims. How easy to be unafraid when one is protected from the line of fire. The people have no such protections.

Morrissey
23 May 2017.

From the "official" Facebook page:

Celebrating my birthday in Manchester as news of the Manchester Arena bomb broke. The anger is monumental.
For what reason will this ever stop?

Theresa May says such attacks "will not break us", but her own life is lived in a bullet-proof bubble, and she evidently does not need to identify any young people today in Manchester morgues. Also, "will not break us" means that the tragedy will not break her, or her policies on immigration. The young people of Manchester are already broken - thanks all the same, Theresa. Sadiq Khan says "London is united with Manchester", but he does not condemn Islamic State - who have claimed responsibility for the bomb. The Queen receives absurd praise for her 'strong words' against the attack, yet she does not cancel today's garden party at Buckingham Palace - for which no criticism is allowed in the Britain of free press. Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says the attack is the work of an "extremist". An extreme what? An extreme rabbit?

In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private. Politicians tell us they are unafraid, but they are never the victims. How easy to be unafraid when one is protected from the line of fire. The people have no such protections.

Morrissey
23 May 2017.

f*** him. Living in LA and Lausanne. He finds the time to rail against immigration and Sadiq Khan again. 'What we all say in private". What's that Moz? It's the darkies? Why not say it out loud?

Russell Brand via his Facebook:

"As I read the news of these sad murders in Manchester, posted directly to my home screen I engage in the futile mental gymnastics of trying to understand. Trying to understand the grief of survivors, the gaping bereavement of family members. The fierce and insular insanity of the perpetrator. I am baffled by the scope of our human capacity to feel or not feel. To love or not love. To kill.
Futile even to try to understand the confusion of those directly affected, in their sudden, jagged pain. The vertigo of unexpected loss. Their journey is just beginning, a thousand unfolding horrors await. Tickets to a gig, a pleasing memento converted to a marker of this pointless pain. A life time to wonder what might've been or not been.
Terror is so called perhaps in part because it cannot ever be stopped. We know this don't we? We know we can't stop people turning cars, planes and public spaces into accessories to murder. There can never be enough metal detectors or screening procedures, or checks or bans or vengeful responses. There will always be people in the world that find a flag under which to this express unfathomable cruelty. I cannot understand it. There are too many things I love to abandon my life to hatred, starting with my girlfriend and daughter all the way to places I've been and unthinkingly enjoyed, like Manchester. What depths must be inhabited to inflict such suffering? Thank God I can't imagine it.
Neither can I imagine the grief of those adrift in delirious sadness, the choking, coiling misery.
Just the sharp pang when I look at that little girl's smiling face.
My mind is too limited for these extremes and these extremists driven by goals that I do not understand. I hope I never know the pain. I don't pretend to understand the victims, the bereaved, or the perpetrator. I have a sense that hatred comes from hatred and love comes from love. Perhaps there is a simple duty for those of us not directly affected - to know that we can't hate our way out of this. To be loving and to be strong. At times like this to be loving takes incredible strength. As that peculiar and great son of Manchester, Morrissey said "It's easy to laugh, it's easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind." Observe how this event is reported. Observe how it is used. Stay true to love and try to be strong and kind."
#ManchesterBombing #WeStandTogether
Yes, but what about Manuel? Don't mention the Spanish! Go have dinner with Jason Blanford. Many words/sound bites do not make a writer

f*** him. Living in LA and Lausanne. He finds the time to rail against immigration and Sadiq Khan again. 'What we all say in private". What's that Moz? It's the darkies? Why not say it out loud?
Darkies? Darkies? How old are you? Did your daddy love you? And did you have an outside toilet? #NorthernPeasantChildoodIssues.

Back
Top Bottom