Marr to release Depeche Mode cover 7" with "Please Please Please..." live B-side

Re: Johnny Marr to release Depeche Mode cover

yesssssss

Sounds great!

Impressive cover.

awful song, cannot be improved.

For record store day

I Feel You no less

Johnny Marr will release a cover of Depeche Mode’s I Feel You for Record Store Day.

Listen and read more:
Johnny Marr To Release Depeche Mode Cover For Record Store Day - stereoboard.com

Excerpt:
The single will be packaged up with a live take of the Smiths’ Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want as a numbered 7”. You can check it out below.

Uncleskinny posted the link:
Johnny Marr about the cover to xfm.co.uk

Excerpt:
"[The song] kind of sounded like it suited my band really. I'm guessing we got some of it wrong, in doing it our own way. But that's a good thing I think, when you tackle someone else's song...You have to respect it in the first place to like it."

Last edited by a moderator:
Listen here:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it better than the original. I never really cared for DM's version. Definitely a bathroom break moment for me at their shows.

Oh no he cannot sing for toffee. One would hear more vocal passion from an ape under anaesthetic.

Record store day....
Why do we need one?
Wax tubes. Primitive but innovative.
10" 78rpm. The first shellac discs.
LP / Albums. Vinyl.
Cassettes. Good for the car, bedroom, bathroom.
CD. Better quality.
Mini Disc. Better than CD.
MP3. Convenient, modern, easy to obtain for free.

How does the music industry con gullible idiots into going back to the beginning of this sequence in order to relieve them of even more cash?
Record Store day!

This is an awful cover. Oasis meets Gary Numan and not in a good way...

Record store day....
Why do we need one?
Wax tubes. Primitive but innovative.
10" 78rpm. The first shellac discs.
LP / Albums. Vinyl.
Cassettes. Good for the car, bedroom, bathroom.
CD. Better quality.
Mini Disc. Better than CD.
MP3. Convenient, modern, easy to obtain for free.

How does the music industry con gullible idiots into going back to the beginning of this sequence in order to relieve them of even more cash?
Record Store day!

This is an awful cover. Oasis meets Gary Numan and not in a good way...

I buy vinyl, mostly because it sounds better to my ears than the cd's and digital downloads I have. If I buy vinyl I get the digital download too but just use that for the car because I prefer the sound of vinyl.

I also like going into a shop that's full of music and picking something out. Picking something out online is nice but it's not the same, not even close. Not for me anyway. I've no aversion to free downloads but if you like something buying it is a good thing.

Agree on the record though, I didn't like the original either so no surprise really.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom