Marvel Studios (Morrissey mentioned in Ant-Man & the Wasp trailer) - Morrissey Central

(Mention at 0:52)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/marvel-studios

Posted a couple of times via SER on social media - now linked to on Central.
Regards,
FWD.

UPDATE July 6:

Posted by BoyWithTheThornInHisSide:

So I saw the latest Ant-Man tonight, and was surprised that there were a couple of Morrissey references to be found within! Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) actually has "Everyday is Like Sunday" as his ringtone! And there's a quick flashback story that Luis (Michael Peña) tells that involves a jukebox that only plays Morrissey songs. I stayed through the end of the credits and in addition to "Sunday", "The First of the Gang to Die" was also listed (though I don't remember hearing it). I've got to say, I might have been the only one in my theater who got the references, but I was delighted! The movie was pretty good (the standard popcorn fare with large doses of humor), but made only cooler by Morrissey! What do you guys think? He must have signed off on it, right? Do you think he's "selling out" or is he actually just embracing his recognition as a popular icon? I vote for the latter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I can't think of a modern Marvel movie (since they started the whole MCU business) that wasn't enjoyable on some level. Everybody needs some good dumb fun sometimes.

Because I have two teenage sons, I have pretty much seen them all. And quite agree with you. Although I do think that they have gone too far in uniting the superheroes, because then you start to notice how similar many of them are and the movies start to become too similar to each other. Ant-Man was indeed refreshing, because it had a different tone, a smaller scale and not too many cameos from other movies.

Because I have two teenage sons, I have pretty much seen them all. And quite agree with you. Although I do think that they have gone too far in uniting the superheroes, because then you start to notice how similar many of them are and the movies start to become too similar to each other. Ant-Man was indeed refreshing, because it had a different tone, a smaller scale and not too many cameos from other movies.
I would agree that they're painting themselves into a corner by overdoing it, and especially with the cameos. But it could be worse. You could be watching a DC movie.

Yeah. Let's remember the good times rather than the foreigner-hating arsehole he's become. I wonder how all his Mexican 'fans' like his current anti-immigration, racist appeasing stance? I'd wager this film was made before Moz became a bigoted tool.
jealousy will get you everywhere.this must be killing you knowing that across the pond M is still very popular and millions of kids will say dad who is Morrissey and their fathers will say hes a great singer and hes still going strong,away and have wet dreams about johnboy.ps downey jr wearing a bruce lee tshirt in infinity wars now a very good Morrissey mention in the antman trailer,wonderful stuff.

Ah yes. Morrissey can be presented to the mainstream masses but only as a Mexican cartoon.

Great.
I didn't get that at all especially with mozz portrait,almost made him like a superhero in cartoon form.

Yeah. Let's remember the good times rather than the foreigner-hating arsehole he's become. I wonder how all his Mexican 'fans' like his current anti-immigration, racist appeasing stance? I'd wager this film was made before Moz became a bigoted tool.

You might be surprised.

Honestly, I can't think of a modern Marvel movie (since they started the whole MCU business) that wasn't enjoyable on some level. Everybody needs some good dumb fun sometimes.
You’re serious. You actually mean that shit. Awesome. Very revealing. Spot on about folks having fun. ...but that’s your bar? Really? f***ing Marvel movies? You’re a proper winner, bud. Proper cognitive level for a a f***ing LIHS fan. Nothing you can post after this can walk-back the fact that THIS is who you are.

Ahhh. Wait. Sorry... Hang tight. You didn’t hear the ding? Didn’t mean to distract you. Your mom just called from upstairs. Pizza pockets are ready!!!

You enjoy your clueless, simpleton, bullshit existence. Just don’t expect anyone with half a brain to take you seriously. Lol!

What’s that l’il shooter? You like Marvel movies and Morrissey. ...and expect to be taken seriously?

Get a clue, son. You’re f***ing lost.

Amazing how many ball-washing, Steve-O-felching f***-tards on here popped you as a “troll” for posting the 100%, quantifiable. indisputable truth.

Mom needs to start regulating their internet usage. We’d all be better off if she forced them into remedial English and History 101.

The bullshit they’re spouting here makes me wish that - for the good of humanity - their scumbag papas had stuck around long enough to beat some f***ing sense into their tiny, loud-mouth, keyboard warrior, meme-fed, white-bred pussy, Moztard skulls. ;)

jealousy will get you everywhere.this must be killing you knowing that across the pond M is still very popular and millions of kids will say dad who is Morrissey and their fathers will say hes a great singer and hes still going strong,away and have wet dreams about johnboy.ps downey jr wearing a bruce lee tshirt in infinity wars now a very good Morrissey mention in the antman trailer,wonderful stuff.
So, this is what you actually believe? ...what you actually think is happening in North America?

Cool champ. You’re obviously the chief rube-seer among fools. Enjoy that sentiment, the new compilation and film. ...all of which were specially curated for folks with your cognitive ability and taste for pablum. Lol!

Since I don't think it was mentioned yet, the song in the trailer is the cover of First of the Gang to Die by the very talented band Mexrissey.

For what its worth, I no longer live in the LA area, but still see plenty of notices for Smiths/Morrissey cover band shows/disco nights in LA/Orange County, which are always well attended by Mexican and Latino fans.

So now Antman is a bogus superhero:crazy:. Had it been Batman then he would have been bogus because he cant even fly. Superman would have been retro.
Maybe in reality Skinny is a bogus genius, have any of you Skinny bots thought about that?:crazy:

You’re serious. You actually mean that shit. Awesome. Very revealing. Spot on about folks having fun. ...but that’s your bar? Really? f***ing Marvel movies? You’re a proper winner, bud. Proper cognitive level for a a f***ing LIHS fan. Nothing you can post after this can walk-back the fact that THIS is who you are.

Ahhh. Wait. Sorry... Hang tight. You didn’t hear the ding? Didn’t mean to distract you. Your mom just called from upstairs. Pizza pockets are ready!!!

You enjoy your clueless, simpleton, bullshit existence. Just don’t expect anyone with half a brain to take you seriously. Lol!
You jackass. I absolutely loooooooove LIHS. Pay attention.

So now Antman is a bogus superhero:crazy:. Had it been Batman then he would have been bogus because he cant even fly. Superman would have been retro.
Maybe in reality Skinny is a bogus genius, have any of you Skinny bots thought about that?:crazy:
I think that you are a true Morrissey fan!

Is there a way that I could contact you privately like by email or something like that?

What does MIA mean? I replied to your other post now.

Uncle Skinny really worries me. I don't know anything about Antman though.

What’s that l’il shooter? You like Marvel movies and Morrissey. ...and expect to be taken seriously?

Get a clue, son. You’re f***ing lost.
I don't expect anything, and I don't base my self worth on the opinions of people who overuse weird cowboy phrases like "lil shooter" while abusing others for not watching insufferable art films about Yugoslavian peasants growing f***ing turnips during wartime or some other grainy laborious bullshit. I like many things in life. Some of them intellectual, high class, and challenging, and other times, not so much. I'll put it this way, if you eat health food most days, every now and again you're going to want a nice dish of ice cream. Unless you're a humorless f*** who'd rather eat Yugoslavian war turnips and moan all the time.

I think that you are a true Morrissey fan!

Is there a way that I could contact you privately like by email or something like that?

What does MIA mean? I replied to your other post now.

Uncle Skinny really worries me. I don't know anything about Antman though.
You trying to dox V-cro? That would be like kicking the mentally retarded.

You dont see Antman quote :frogface:, not that he could if he wanted to.:tiphat:
The Skinny bots would have Ironman quoting Mike Joyce or someone from Sparks.:drama:

these shit films are all the same- am sure moz didn't know anything about it till the trailer-tommy robinson may just end up the 1st of the gang to die- imagine that anthem ringing round britain

I don't expect anything, and I don't base my self worth on the opinions of people who overuse weird cowboy phrases like "lil shooter" while abusing others for not watching insufferable art films about Yugoslavian peasants growing f***ing turnips during wartime or some other grainy laborious bullshit. I like many things in life. Some of them intellectual, high class, and challenging, and other times, not so much. I'll put it this way, if you eat health food most days, every now and again you're going to want a nice dish of ice cream. Unless you're a humorless f*** who'd rather eat Yugoslavian war turnips and moan all the time.
Garbage in - garbage out, champ.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom