May 28-30 - How Does It Feel To Be Loved? in Brixton

ianw

I know most of you will have Quarry tickets, but just in case...

We hold How Does It Feel To Be Loved? on the first Friday of every month at the Canterbury Arms in Brixton. And seeing as Morrissey is making a pilgrimage to our doorstep, it seemed rude not to put on three special HDIFs to coincide with his Brixton dates!

Here's how our nights will run:

9pm: Doors
10.30pm-midnight: Guest DJ
Midnight: I'll play a classic Morrissey album in its entirety, in order.
And then: HDIF club night until 2am.

May 28th - Guest DJ Jon Slade (Comet Gain). From midnight, we'll be playing all of "Viva Hate", in order.
May 29th - Guest DJs Gwen, Ani and Bobby (The Pipettes). From midnight, we'll be playing all of "Your Arsenal", in order.
May 30th - Guest DJ Paul Court (The Primitives). From midnight, we'll be playing all of "Vauxhall And I", in order.

Tickets will be onsale soon.

For those who haven't read about our night before, we're not a dedicated Smiths/Moz night like Quarry. We play a mixture of indie pop and Motown/northern soul, with healthy smattering of Smiths/Moz thrown in. Bands you're likely to hear at HDIF include:

Go-Betweens * Hefner * Pains Of Being Pure At Heart * Belle & Sebastian * Wave Pictures * Tullycraft * Shop Assistants * Magnetic Fields * Butcher Boy * Camera Obscura * Orange Juice * Felt * Aztec Camera * Jens Lekman

Plus the likes of Love * The Supremes * The Temptations * The Shangri-Las * Beach Boys * Wilson Pickett * Stevie Wonder * Four Tops * Frank Wilson * The Velvelettes * The Vandellas and so on...

There's more info about How Does It Feel To Be Loved? here - http://www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk/

:)

Last edited:
Yeah, I should think so. If they do start flying out the door, I'll post on here.

For those who haven't read about our night before, we're not a dedicated Smiths/Moz night like Quarry. We play a mixture of indie pop and Motown/northern soul, with healthy smattering of Smiths/Moz thrown in. Bands you're likely to hear at HDIF include:

Yeah, I should think so. If they do start flying out the door, I'll post on here.

Cheers mate, should see you there!

...the suspense is killing me!

Just wanted to say, even if Morrissey cancels Friday or Saturday - and fingers crossed he doesn't - we'll still be going ahead. Not sure what we'll do if he cancels Thursday, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

We're still going ahead with tomorrow night, even though the gig's been cancelled, so come along and have a pint and a dance. Plus Friday and Saturday's nights will be running as usual too.

Yes, for sure. If any of the nights look like selling out, I'll post on here. Friday's sold really well but hasn't sold out yet. Thurs and Sat, there's plenty of tickets left.

well that was fun!

photos here - http://www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk/photos.html

'your arsenal' sounded amazing. and what a run of songs! the trio of 'certain people i know', 'we hate it when our friends become successful' and 'you're the one for me fatty' was glorious - just total joy in the room. although 'glamorous glue' sounded pretty special too - and 'tomorrow' at the end of the album...well...

nice to see the room rocking until past 2am too. 'california dreaming' was my non-smiths highlight. one of those songs that sends an audible ripple of happiness through the room, everyone singing along.

roll on tonight! paul court of the primitives! 'vauxhall and i'! saturday night!

:):)

Tags
brixton club hdif morrissey
Back
Top Bottom