Morrissey Central MEAT IS … MURDER? STILL A DEBATE??? (February 26, 2020)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
The Sun link doesn't work on my phone, so I've no idea if it's PETA or a farmer who has been cruel.

The Sun link:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not vegetarian (or vegan), but I know people who claimed to be so back in that period, & information levels were so poor that many were still thinking they could eat fish & still claim to be vegetarian.

Others, at the time, thought being vegetarian only related to avoiding 'meat' (beef/lamb/pork) products, so, to some, eating chicken didn't count either. Maybe their thinking centred around the fact that chickens don't have 4 legs, so they didn't fit into the 'meat' category.

We're now more informed & people can make the right choice for themselves.

Blimey your friends sound like they were thick as pig shit back in the day.
4kin hell “chickens don’t have 4 legs” so they were fair game :rofl:
I’ve heard some crazy 4kin stupid things on here but that!!!!!!
Could they not read books? You used to get them at a place called a library.
My mate wouldn’t even eat sweets like polo mints and that’s 30 years ago you muppet.

Thank God the internet came along to tell your stupid mates how to live their lives.
If only I could be their Alexa I’d tell them to put their hands in the fire and eat dog shit whilst singing Kiss Me A Lot.

Be off with you before you make bigger fool of yourself.

??:knife:

I’m vegan and have been for 40 years. Over the last few years I guess I’d fall under the category ethical vegan but I don't use that term. I do not

Eat any animal products

Wear any animals products

Use any product tested on animals

Use any products with animal ingredients

Use medications that have been tested on animals

Use medications that have animal ingredients

Bank with companies (that I know) to be involved in animal abuses

Eat out anywhere that isn’t 100% vegan

I was dragged up in a housing scheme. I am lower-working class and generally skint. I am content that my actions speak louder than my words: I will do everything I can to avoid the abuse of animals and have done so before we had access to the internet.

I was astonished to read that someone thinks that information wasn’t freely available before the internet. That made me chuckle. :)

I’ve never thought Morrissey was vegetarian. I’ve never thought he is vegan. Morrissey is, and always has been, a Me-gan.

I became a vegetarian when I was 11 (vegan later) because I loved my pet rabbit & couldn't stand the thought of anyone thinking he was food. I'm not a hardline activist though.

Do please tell us how many people stopped thinking that Fluffy-Bunny-Wunny was food after you made the stance. :laughing:

Blimey your friends sound like they were thick as pig shit back in the day.
4kin hell “chickens don’t have 4 legs” so they were fair game :rofl:
I’ve heard some crazy 4kin stupid things on here but that!!!!!!
Could they not read books? You used to get them at a place called a library.
My mate wouldn’t even eat sweets like polo mints and that’s 30 years ago you muppet.

Thank God the internet came along to tell your stupid mates how to live their lives.
If only I could be their Alexa I’d tell them to put their hands in the fire and eat dog shit whilst singing Kiss Me A Lot.

Be off with you before you make bigger fool of yourself.

:rofl:

Well said. Kidz these days, eh .......

"Alexa! Alexa! Could you scan the internet for stuff about things and then post it on Moz Solo? No. I don't need to read or review it. The internet is fact. FACT!"

People that I knew who were vegetarians back in the 80s thought they could eat all animals as long as they lied and said they didn’t. They were proper vegetarians.

I remember this one story about a veggie who said it was ok to eat beef as long as you immediately stood on one leg and sang the Hallelujah Chorus. What larks!

We’re better informed now. Look, there’s that guy who’s 90% vegan.

I’m vegan and have been for 40 years. Over the last few years I guess I’d fall under the category ethical vegan but I don't use that term. I do not

Eat any animal products

I was dragged up in a housing scheme. I am lower-working class and generally skint. I am content that my actions speak louder than my words: I will do everything I can to avoid the abuse of animals and have done so before we had access to the internet.

I was astonished to read that someone thinks that information wasn’t freely available before the internet. That made me chuckle. :)

I’ve never thought Morrissey was vegetarian. I’ve never thought he is vegan. Morrissey is, and always has been, a Me-gan.
Credit to you for sticking to your principles over the years, must be hard though trying to keep up with the changes in the business world. Can’t be to many places in the high street that are totally vegan ???

Trying to follow the cult leader is so confusing these days.
One minute he’s telling them to stop watching the news.
Slagging off the British tabloid press etc

Next minute he’s using The Scottish Sun to push out news on his own media platform.

I’m becoming more and more convinced that he never wrote any of those great songs of yesteryear and his silent writing partner died or 4kd him off.

?? :knife:

Credit to you for sticking to your principles over the years, must be hard though trying to keep up with the changes in the business world. Can’t be to many places in the high street that are totally vegan ???

butting in ...........

It is more difficult now because just about every business is trying to vegan-wash their business/brand/products. Some deliberately hiding the dubious parent company etc. Some companies will deliberately, if you'll excuse the term, 'pull the wool over our eyes' and some companies we'll never know who owns them (that's just global corruption I'm afraid).

Veganism isn't an exercise in perfection. It's about doing what you can, where you can. If you believe animals are not property or product you can make positive change. The thing about veganism (for me) is that rather than complicate my life it simplifies it.

Oh please ! I’m begging you !
Not the thumbs down icon :ahhh:
I’m really hurt now.

:mock: Posting the thumbs down is the last resort for losers. THROWING THE TOWEL IN. :clap::clap::clap:

The vege thing just didn't exist back in the 1980s, not where I lived anyway, in the big cities maybe, but no one I knew had any idea about vege stuff. There was no internet then so there was no information like we have today and who the f*** would go to a library to go read about something they weren't even aware of FFS. Those who have been veg for 40 odd years then you must have known people who knew about vegism. I'm a meat eater, that's my choice so all this vege stuff I'm not interested.

Couple of my friends said they were going 'veggie' some years ago...although they did say they would carry on eating fish, and seafood which I thought was a bit odd. At least they tried.

The vege thing just didn't exist back in the 1980s, not where I lived anyway, in the big cities maybe, but no one I knew had any idea about vege stuff. There was no internet then so there was no information like we have today and who the f*** would go to a library to go read about something they weren't even aware of FFS. Those who have been veg for 40 odd years then you must have known people who knew about vegism. I'm a meat eater, that's my choice so all this vege stuff I'm not interested.
Vegetarians were around in the mid 1980s as I well remember, my first job after leaving school was in a family run deli/ butchers shop, a lad I worked with was veggie and he boned out bacon, cooked ham and chickens on a daily basis, he also wore a leather jacket. He was also a Marilion fan, explains it all really!!

Vegetarians were around in the mid 1980s as I well remember, my first job after leaving school was in a family run deli/ butchers shop, a lad I worked with was veggie and he boned out bacon, cooked ham and chickens on a daily basis, he also wore a leather jacket. He was also a Marilion fan, explains it all really!!

:LOL:

Like I said Baz, depends where you lived. I knew nothing about the veg thing. That's not to say they/it wasn't around as obviously it was. It just didn't exist in my circles. It was the sort of thing students did. Mind you I was in the military then so if I'd have been a veggie I'd likely have starved to death, got a kicking or called names of some sort.

I think it's fine for people to choose to become vegetarian, or vegan, I don't have a problem with either...I could actually become vegetarian myself without too much difficulty, but I do get irritated by some vegans I've known, who've gone on and on about it relentlessly & almost to the point of trying to force their preference on others. Just gets my back up I'm afraid.
You must understand that most vegans believe that meat is murder, the meat industry is a holocaust, dairy is a rape industry. Vegans don't see veganism as a "preference", therefore, but a moral obligation. That's why they go on about it- in their minds, there's a violent and cruel holocaust going on and the only way to stop it is to get people to stop eating these products. Of course they're going to bang on about it.
My kid is vegan, so I understand that perspective. He's always going about distributing leaflets, assembling placards. He's taught me quite a bit and I can't disagree with any of his points, but I'm not vegan... yet.

You must understand that most vegans believe that meat is murder, the meat industry is a holocaust, dairy is a rape industry. Vegans don't see veganism as a "preference", therefore, but a moral obligation. That's why they go on about it- in their minds, there's a violent and cruel holocaust going on and the only way to stop it is to get people to stop eating these products. Of course they're going to bang on about it.
My kid is vegan, so I understand that perspective. He's always going about distributing leaflets, assembling placards. He's taught me quite a bit and I can't disagree with any of his points, but I'm not vegan... yet.

I've already said I don't have a problem with either vegetarians or vegans.
I understand where they're coming from, I've even done some of my own research & yes, I can see the issues & I similarly can't disagree with any of what they are saying.

My point was related to their attempts, in some cases, to foist their views on others, that's all.

Yeah, those climate activists foisting their opinions on you. What bastards! Some people do. Others talk, happy to watch others do.

I don't think Morrissey is perverse enough to wear something he is passionately opposed to and constantly brings up. I do think he is perverse enough to wear something to wind people up and keep them talking.

Another example of ignorance. Had you bothered to read the factual information in this thread you would have noticed that Morrissey WAS perverse enough to wear garments borne from animal cruelty.

Apparently, what you do or don't think holds sway over fact. It's an affliction that seems to be catching and prevalent in a certain age group.

This infantile squawking of

"Ooooh he's so perverse"

"Oooh, he's such a contrarian"

read more like insults than compliments

Eat any animal products

I can't quite tell if you're a troll or not, posing as Vegan Nonpareil to make Morrissey look like an abattoir worker by comparison, but I'm not sure how the logical conclusion of your position wouldn't be suicide. Surely you know that the tilling of fields to grow the vegetables you consume requires the deaths of critters and insects. Even to eschew crops and subsist as a gatherer of nuts, berries, and mushrooms, the act of taking a nature walk to do your foraging results in the death of countless worms and crawlers under the leaves and the ground.

I think pescetarians can make the case that there are different degrees of animal consciousness, and that mammalian consciousness can be reasonably thought of as more complex and acute than fish consciousness. (I would have to be considered a pescetarian by proxy, because I own a carnivorous pet, and I feed her fish. I think there's less suffering in the life and death of, say, a farmed tuna than there is in the life and death of a dairy cow. Fish, for example, don't bond with or yearn or mourn for their young like cattle do. They lay their eggs and swim away, seemingly unthinkingly). I do think an important logical position for a vegan, though, apart from suicide, should we choose to continue in our lives, is anti-natalism. Because there's no guarantee that one's child won't apostatize from veganism, and go on to participate (in full) for the rest of their life in animal suffering and slaughter.

But we're all participating (in part) in the suffering and death of sentient creatures so long as we live. The only true vegan non nonpareil is the vegan who is dead by his or her own hand. Everyone else in the vegan community, even you, is only vegan to some percentage or degree. I'm not sure what the precise percentage threshold is for someone to not be a hypocrite, but Morrissey is well over 90%. And childless. I do agree with you that clothes are something important to be taken into consideration. Not making excuses for the great man, but maybe if he wore wool, it was something he owned from before he was aware of the suffering involved. That's reasonable to assume. I still wear the wool and leather things I purchased before I became more committed. And I'll buy leather and wool if it's in a second-hand store, because my money isn't going to the producer. Maybe this is wrong. But it seems like being alive would be wrong if I took everything into consideration.

It's now abundantly clear why Ketamine Sun was so keen to maintain the secrecy of registered users being able to rate comments anonymously: she can now dislike and dislike and dislike to her heart's content It looks like an illness. A tragic mental health illness. So much so users previously set up a complaints page against her. Seems her behaviour hasn't changed at all. No wonder she was miffed when the troll option was removed.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom