Meat is Murder graffiti

The Seeker of Good Songs

At lunch time today I drove passed a local meat market and someone had spray painted "Meat is Murder PETA" with the "A" of PETA circled, as in the anarchy symbol, onto the wall of the building. I went back later to take a picture to show here, but the wall was painted over.

What are the thoughts here. is it ok to deface private property to make ones view public? Does Morrissey approve of this kind of activity?

Just wondering.

There must be at least one other Smiths/Morrissey fan in these parts, unless it was a traveler returning from the Burning Man.

I think Morrissey would approve of graffiti if it were clever, which in the case mentioned it was not. Morrissey doesn't strike me as the type of person who likes to lord his beliefs over everyone with force. Defacing a meat market is insisting meat eaters adopt your thinking. I could be wrong about this.

jammeatedi.jpg

love

Grim

as long as your following the "unwritten rules".. im all for it...

I heard in one of the 4-part radio interviews someone kindly posted on here that he would approve of what he called "necessary violence" to make change, but he wouldn't participate in them. Not his thing, I think, but not something he looks down on either.

I'll try to find the title of that for you... no promises.

of course he would aprove (if the graffiti was sprayed on a butcher shop). he did endorse keith mann's (alf activist) book and call him a hero.

Meat is most definately murder.....but it is not right to grafitti anything. Its not right to impose your views on others.Gentle persuasion and sensible argument -yes.

and that is fascist and moz isn't fascist, right? right??

i would change it to "meat is marvelous" yummmm

Hmmm, I think it is difficult to be fascist if you are David, and you are going up against Goliath. You may be obnoxious, arrogant and disrespectful, but you are not fascist. Fascism is a way of exercising power, not dissent.

Animals are powerless, and victims of our heedless greed and cruelty. Their cause will never be championed by powerful states or corporations. There has been some movement on the political front (even in the US) regarding humane practices for livestock, but food animals are the ultimate helpless victims, bred and slaughtered for our pleasure.

I think Morrissey would approve, actually, since this is probably the moral issue closest to his heart. As noted above, a little cleverness would go a long way.

Hmmm, I think it is difficult to be fascist if you are David, and you are going up against Goliath. You may be obnoxious, arrogant and disrespectful, but you are not fascist. Fascism is a way of exercising power, not dissent.

Animals are powerless, and victims of our heedless greed and cruelty. Their cause will never be championed by powerful states or corporations. There has been some movement on the political front (even in the US) regarding humane practices for livestock, but food animals are the ultimate helpless victims, bred and slaughtered for our pleasure.

I think Morrissey would approve, actually, since this is probably the moral issue closest to his heart. As noted above, a little cleverness would go a long way.

HEAR HEAR. :)

Think twice.

Meat-is-Murder-Lo.jpg

Personally, I think pics of skinned animals is a poor argument for the crusade to encourage people to be mindful of their choice of nutrition. "Look at this poor skinned bunny. You should be ashamed you eat meat!" seems a bit like reducing the act of love down to the money shot in the pussy as proof that sex is "bad." I'm sure if I cared enough to spend time researching the illogicalness of using butchered animal pics to promote vegetarianism, I could come up with the perfect "logical fallacy," but when it comes right down to it, the whole debate seems like a waste of time. I don't approve of the mistreatment of animals and I don't exactly approve of eating meat, but I also am sensitive to to each his own.

Personally, I think pics of skinned animals is a poor argument for the crusade to encourage people to be mindful of their choice of nutrition. "Look at this poor skinned bunny. You should be ashamed you eat meat!" seems a bit like reducing the act of love down to the money shot in the pussy as proof that sex is "bad." I'm sure if I cared enough to spend time researching the illogicalness of using butchered animal pics to promote vegetarianism, I could come up with the perfect "logical fallacy," but when it comes right down to it, the whole debate seems like a waste of time. I don't approve of the mistreatment of animals and I don't exactly approve of eating meat, but I also am sensitive to to each his own.

Crystal I agree with your emotive statement "Look at this poor skinned bunny. You should be ashamed you eat meat!" thing is you made it of your own conscience Wolve didn't make you think that way, you had at least 2 choices!

However, however you wish to dress or undress it, it's still murder - fact!

love

Grim

Crystal I agree with your emotive statement "Look at this poor skinned bunny. You should be ashamed you eat meat!" thing is you made it of your own conscience Wolve didn't make you think that way, you had at least 2 choices!

However, however you wish to dress or undress it, it's still murder - fact!

love

Grim

Well, I'm sure wolve didn't post that pick so we could admire the bunny's new pair of Uggs. It's a common tactic. I dislike that PETA shoves fliers of sad cows in my face after exiting glowing from a marvelous Morrissey concert. Talk about crashing bores.

Pictures of warfare never seem to miss their effect though.

I did that on 3 butchers.two in manchester and one in stockport i almost got caught the plice came around the corner i had to duck behind a bin :D

Back
Top Bottom