Meat, Morrissey and Mein Führer

Re: Meat, Morrissey and Mein Führer.

After Morrissey's claims last week regarding comparisons between eating meat and supporting Auschwitz, I investigated his claims to find that these views are not new; whilst he is often made to look the fool in the tabloids for his 'outspoken tirades', these views are very much grounded in profound thought. Take a read here:
http://thegreatdebatemyviewyourview.wordpress.com/2014/01/12/meat-morrissey-and-mein-fuhrer/

Nazis DEHUMANIZED Jews, gays, Gypsies, the handicapped, and other undesirables, under the UNSCIENTIFIC theories of Eugenics, reducing the status of these humans to the status of non-human animals. So, Auschwitz victims were regarded as being non-human animals--just like cattle. The modern meat industry treats animals as non-humans (as they are)--just like cattle. Thus, non-human animals are just like the non-humans of Auschwitz. This is the logic behind this proposition. It makes sense on paper. And coming from Jewish intellectuals and scholars, makes it look more legitimate. Who can argue with the victims of the Holocaust themselves, right?

Morrissey claiming animals are treated like victims of Auschwitz is not a new argument, nor one which he concocted. But I still say, even if it is logically sound, it is still insensitive coming from a non-Jew who is using the historical tragedy of a group of people for his own political purposes. It is emotional PROPAGANDA. And the Anti-Defamation League agrees.

Humans were treated like non-human animals. Animals are not treated like humans. Jews are humans, NOT non-human animals. Are animals being treated like Jews? It was wrong to treat Jews like animals, right? Is it also, then, wrong to treat animals like animals? This is essentially what Morrissey and Newkirk are saying. It is wrong to treat animals like animals. We need to treat them like humans. So the question is, should we give animals the same consideration as humans? If we do, this would mean they could not be used for food, or resources such as milk and fur, labor of any kind, entertainment, or even be regarded as pets. Why? Because they cannot offer consent. And without consent, this would amount to involuntary exploitation and confinement. In other words, slavery. And slavery is illegal. Do you agree with that? If not, then you don't accept this argument. And neither does Morrissey, really, when you think about it. He is all talk and no action. Because the man consumes diary and owns pets.

His inconsistency and hypocrisy is apparent to all, and makes him look like a silly, insensitive man, exploiting the tragedy of a group of people for his own selfish ideology--an ideology which in practice, he doesn't even fully embrace himself.

Last edited:

Your Carnism is grounded in Abrahamic Biblical Dominion. I agree with Jewish thinkers who link the Holocaust of Humans to the Holocaust of Animals. I don't Privilege the Holocaust above other events and do not defer to the Jewis Anti-Defamation League.

I agree with the idea that animals cannot consent to human interpretations of their purpose on Earth and that their status is that of slaves. I do not accept Speciesism with humans at the pinnacle of a Biblical Abrahamic hierarchy of control. You do, yet amusingly, like most atheists, are enslaved by ideas whose 'genesis' (sic) you have virtually no understanding of.

Yes, Morrissey needs to sort out his ideas and stop the self-ridicule. Milk IS Murder.

regards
BB

you do know that it wasn't just jews that were put into concentration camps, right?

Are you asking me?

Did you read this, "Nazis DEHUMANIZED Jews, gays, Gypsies, the handicapped, and other undesirables, under the UNSCIENTIFIC theories of Eugenics, reducing the status of these humans to the status of non-human animals. So, Auschwitz victims were regarded as being non-human animals--just like cattle."

Yes, of course I know this. In fact, the first targets under Naziism were the handicapped and mentality ill. They used mobile gassing trucks to kill them. This proved to be costly and impractical. Thus with the help of Speer, they designed and built gas chambers/crematoriums in camps (disguised as work camps, but were really just death camps) that were located along the railroad lines in remote places--out of sight.

Last edited:

Your Carnism is grounded in Abrahamic Biblical Dominion. I agree with Jewish thinkers who link the Holocaust of Humans to the Holocaust of Animals. I don't Privilege the Holocaust above other events and do not defer to the Jewis Anti-Defamation League.

I do.

I agree with the idea that animals cannot consent to human interpretations of their purpose on Earth and that their status is that of slaves. I do not accept Speciesism with humans at the pinnacle of a Biblical Abrahamic hierarchy of control. You do, yet amusingly, like most atheists, are enslaved by ideas whose 'genesis' (sic) you have virtually no understanding of.

Yes, Morrissey needs to sort out his ideas and stop the self-ridicule. Milk IS Murder.

regards
BB

No god gave humans, non-human animals. Nature, evolution, gave the earth animals and human animals. If the concept of 'dominion' is embraced, it is because of the survival of the fittest dynamics of evolution, not Abrahamic religious texts. Though either one can be embraced/used as rational for humans to have dominion over non-human animals. I certainly don't adhere to the latter, as justification. Many do, however.

- - - Updated - - -

All humans are animals.

Yes, duh! But animals are not humans.

Last edited:

Of course, an animal is not a cat, an animal is not a dog. Biological classification is a method that categorises biological forms where kingdoms (eg animal) contains various members of which were are one.

But how do you reconcile that with "Jews...are not animals"?

No god gave humans animals. Nature, evolution, gave the earth animals and human animals. If the concept of 'dominion' is embraced, it is because of the survival of the fittest dynamics of evolution, not Abrahamic religious texts. Though either one can be embraced/used as rational for humans to have dominion over non-human animals. I certainly don't adhere to the latter, as justification. Many do, however.

- - - Updated - - -

If you Privilege the human species above other species and Jewish Defamation Narratives above other holocaust narratives, that's your existential challenge, your problem, not mine. You clearly remain a cultural Abrahamic cult member, even with a patina of 'atheism'. Animals are animals and do not aspire to be humans. Being human is only a Privilege state in your consciousness, not in that of the animals, or in other humans like me. Being 'Jewish' culturally or religious is also no excuse for Privilege assertions based on historical catastrophe narratives as these are not unique to Judaism.

regards
BB

- - - Updated - - -

I think we should all wear t-shirts with this emblazoned on them to his next gigs. Mirror his hypocrisy back at him.

Nobody wearing such a t-shirt would get past front-of-house security.

Be careful where you place your priorities. Hitler was a vegetarian.

Last edited:

Of course, an animal is not a cat, an animal is not a dog. Biological classification is a method that categorises biological forms where kingdoms (eg animal) contains various members of which were are one.

But how do you reconcile that with "Jews...are not animals"?

Jews are not non-human animals. Better?

Thanks, Captain Obvious. I was not aware.

If you Privilege the human species above other species and Jewish Defamation Narratives above other holocaust narratives, that's your existential challenge, your problem, not mine. You clearly remain a cultural Abrahamic cult member, even with a patina of 'atheism'.

Is there a historical narrative about the Holocaust that differs from the one embraced by the Anti-Defamation League, other than ones held by revisionist historians and Holocaust deniers?

Animals are animals and do not aspire to be humans. Being human is only a Privilege state in your consciousness, not in that of the animals, or in other humans like me. Being 'Jewish' culturally or religious is also no excuse for Privilege assertions based on historical catastrophe narratives as these are not unique to Judaism.

I am sure the Jews feel honored to have been singled out for genocide. What a freaking privilege. :rolleyes:

Nobody wearing such a t-shirt would get past front-of-house security.

Very True. That is why we have to wear them under other shirts. ;)

Last edited:

The fact that you feel its "stupid" dosent make it any less true.

The fact that you feel its "stupid" dosent make it any less true.

That one can infer all vegetarians are susceptible to megalomania and perpetrating genocide based on a former leader's diet? You think this is an appropriate and reasonable comparison?

What about all people who have moustaches should shave them off because, you know, Stalin. Or people should switch to contacts because Mugabe wears glasses.

You're right. It's not stupid at all.

That one can infer all vegetarians are susceptible to megalomania and perpetrating genocide based on a former leader's diet? You think this is an appropriate and reasonable comparison?

What about all people who have moustaches should shave them off because, you know, Stalin. Or people should switch to contacts because Mugabe wears glasses.

You're right. It's not stupid at all.

ANOTHER way of reading it would be. Just because you are a vegetarian, it doesn't make you a good person. So cut the holier-than-thou bullshit.

ANOTHER way of reading it would be. Just because you are a vegetarian, it doesn't make you a good person. So cut the holier-than-thou bullshit.

I smell a red herring.

Back
Top Bottom