Memphis, TN - Orpheum Theatre (May 27, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / Speedway / Ganglord / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / I Have Forgiven Jesus / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Istanbul / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Trouble Loves Me / The Bullfighter Dies / Life Is A Pigsty / Certain People I Know / Yes, I Am Blind / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Meat Is Murder // Asleep / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by elvissss.

Last edited:
Did he say anything interesting tonight in Memphis?

It was an awesome concert, but one of the merch dudes was a total prick. "WHICH SHIRT DO YOU WANT!!??"
"The one with his face on it."
Hahaha.

Did he say anything interesting tonight in Memphis?

Some small jokes here and there, expressed some disbelief about the George W Bush turnpike in Dallas... not much else though. Excellent show.

setlist (in order):
hand in glove / speedway / ganglord / one day goodbye will be farewell / I'm throwing my arms around Paris / I have forgiven Jesus / world peace is none of your business / Istanbul / everyday is like Sunday / trouble loves me / the bullfighter dies / life is a pigsty / certain people I know / yes I am blind / Earth is the loneliest planet / meat is murder // asleep / first of the gang to die

Someone posted the setlist at...

https://m.facebook.com/groups/134849196593554?view=permalink&id=642000472545088

Set List - 27 May, Orpheum Theatre, Memphis, TN

1. Hand In Glove
2. Speedway
3. Ganglord
4. One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
5. I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
6. I Have Forgiven Jesus
7. World Peace Is None Of Your Business*
8. Istanbul*
9. Everyday Is Like Sunday
10. Trouble Loves Me
11. The Bullfighter Dies*
12. Life Is A Pigsty
13. Certain People I Know
14. Yes, I Am Blind
15. Earth Is The Loneliest Planet*
16. Meat Is Murder

17. Asleep (encore)
18. First Of The Gang To Die (encore)

Wish I was there! Anyone can confirm?

Last edited:
Yes, setlist looks right. Someone shouted, "I love you Morrissey!" He replied, "But that's just not enough is it?" (followed by "I'm only joking") Also, "Really, it's easier than it looks. There's no need for applause." Seemed in a jovial mood. Great show.

It was a good gig. What was even better was to see that the horrible Frenchman Gulliame, who hurt Morrissey in Denver, did not get walked in! He is a nasty person who has physically assaulted women in the past.

I live far away and these concerts don't make any difference to me, but that setlist looks like the best one of the tour so far.

If 'Action' really has become Morrissey's middle name, and presumably he hasn't lost the old one, someone must be walking around with SPAM inscribed into their neck in teeth-marks.

My favorite line of the night; during one song he walked over to a section of the Pit that was blocked off, stuck out his hand pulled it back and said " barriers..there are always barriers".

The man was in top form tonight. Looked and sounded great. Very chatty full of handshakes and acknowledging some fans by their name . This is the first time Ive ever not see an attempted stage invasion. Also Im very meh on the new version of first of the gang.

Im really surprised he made no mention of Elvis.

Also his intro remarks were..when you walk down Beale street this is the sound you'll hear..band plays Hand In Glove..

I was there and that is the exact playlist. MOZ still sounds great and he did rip his shirt off in MOZ fashion!! I will say that I was 'Disappointed' that 'Asleep' was an encore song because it was literally putting me to sleep! Wish he would have sang something like 'I don't mind if you forget me' or 'Suedehead'. All of the people around me wanted a lot more songs from Your Arsenal, Viva Hate and Bona Drug. Heard a TON of shout outs for 'Interesting Drug' and 'November Spawned a Monster'.
And security did suck!!! I was not allowed to bring in my umbrella but I was allowed to bring in my police grade mace, WTF!!! And my umbrella, was stolen from the spot I had to leave it!!!!!

Ran into him and his entourage at the Peabody Hotel lounge after the show. Security were complete jerks...was accosted and accused of taking pictures while I was simply texting on my way to the elevator. For one, if you are going to be in a "public" place expect people to take pictures (which I wasn't anyway - I would never be that rude) Left a bad taste in my mouth for the rest of the evening.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom