Memphis, TN - Orpheum Theatre (May 27, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / Speedway / Ganglord / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / I Have Forgiven Jesus / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Istanbul / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Trouble Loves Me / The Bullfighter Dies / Life Is A Pigsty / Certain People I Know / Yes, I Am Blind / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Meat Is Murder // Asleep / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by elvissss.

Last edited:
My interpretation of the show differs from others listed here as I found it less inspiring. And I didn't mean to disparage all of Memphis as the people I met were nice.
I had a center ailse seat right at the front, just behind the pit. As I watched the security posture it was clear they would not be letting anyone not ticketed enter the pit area, essentially gang tackling anyone who attempted. So you had about 20 people against the stage in an area that could have held 50+. I know from history that with minimal crowd involvement that Moz can be less enthusiastic. He was not very talkative during the first third of the show. There was also a small section completely closed off at the front, stage right. Moz walked over to this area and said something like there's always a void. He repeated it as he walked back.
It is puzzling that certain security situations still arise. I'm sure venues could say that only their measures are implemented and could site safety reasons but why isn't it established by his handlers that the crowd, pictures and filming are all OK? Moz feeds off of the crowd and has stated that You Tube keeps him relevant. I have on a number of occassions been abused by security for filming and last night was another example. Yet, like many other shows, at some point taping becomes fine. Clearly something takes place that causes security to back down. One of Morrissey's crew came down the center ailse a few songs in to check out the front. Why aren't these issues addressed before the show instead of halfway during the set?
This was my first show of the tour and it seemed the tempo was slower than the last two US trips. Was good to hear the new songs and I enjoyed 'Bullfighter' and 'Earth'. The video montage for 'Meat' was more graphic than the last incarnation but I encourage people to embrace the images and think about why it is making them feel disturbed. "Trouble/Ganglord' were great and always happy to hear 'Pigsty". Was not enthused with the rendition of 'FOTGTD'. Seemed like all that was missing was castanets. It killed the tempo of the song but seemed to coincide with the spanish inflection in his new material.
Will have all video uploaded by this afternoon. Go here: youtube.com/SDHigbie

Ran into him and his entourage at the Peabody Hotel lounge after the show. Security were complete jerks...was accosted and accused of taking pictures while I was simply texting on my way to the elevator. For one, if you are going to be in a "public" place expect people to take pictures (which I wasn't anyway - I would never be that rude) Left a bad taste in my mouth for the rest of the evening.

I met them in Austin Tx. They were complete f***ing ass Holes, so much to the point, Im no longer a fan.

14101846340_3a255408cd.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
Well, this was my first show of the tour, and despite being up in the nosebleeds, I thoroughly enjoyed the gig. His voice was perfection and the band is the tightest they've ever been. Matt is kick-ass on the skins, as we all know. I didn't look at the setlists for the last couple shows, so was floored to hear "Certain People I Know"!

Just rolled into Nashville. Have a much better position tonight. 5th row I believe. Hoping for the Someday/NF Disco combo tonite.

My interpretation of the show differs from others listed here as I found it less inspiring. And I didn't mean to disparage all of Memphis as the people I met were nice.
I had a center ailse seat right at the front, just behind the pit. As I watched the security posture it was clear they would not be letting anyone not ticketed enter the pit area, essentially gang tackling anyone who attempted. So you had about 20 people against the stage in an area that could have held 50+. I know from history that with minimal crowd involvement that Moz can be less enthusiastic. He was not very talkative during the first third of the show. There was also a small section completely closed off at the front, stage right. Moz walked over to this area and said something like there's always a void. He repeated it as he walked back.
It is puzzling that certain security situations still arise. I'm sure venues could say that only their measures are implemented and could site safety reasons but why isn't it established by his handlers that the crowd, pictures and filming are all OK? Moz feeds off of the crowd and has stated that You Tube keeps him relevant. I have on a number of occassions been abused by security for filming and last night was another example. Yet, like many other shows, at some point taping becomes fine. Clearly something takes place that causes security to back down. One of Morrissey's crew came down the center ailse a few songs in to check out the front. Why aren't these issues addressed before the show instead of halfway during the set?
This was my first show of the tour and it seemed the tempo was slower than the last two US trips. Was good to hear the new songs and I enjoyed 'Bullfighter' and 'Earth'. The video montage for 'Meat' was more graphic than the last incarnation but I encourage people to embrace the images and think about why it is making them feel disturbed. "Trouble/Ganglord' were great and always happy to hear 'Pigsty". Was not enthused with the rendition of 'FOTGTD'. Seemed like all that was missing was castanets. It killed the tempo of the song but seemed to coincide with the spanish inflection in his new material.

Awesome FDR, thanks for the video. (Ummmmmm, you have an awesome camera. :eek: How many more shows are you going to? No pressure but sneak that shit in, goddam.)

Last edited:
I met them in Austin Tx. They were complete f***ing ass Holes, so much to the point, Im no longer a fan.

I feel the same way..makes me look at his music in a completely different light. On the other hand, I met Johnny Marr in Las Vegas last year and he was super friendly and unpretentious.

I second that FDR, amazing footage of Asleep. Can't wait to see the rest if there are any, better than going to a show :) :thumb: :thumb:

I feel the same way..makes me look at his music in a completely different light. On the other hand, I met Johnny Marr in Las Vegas last year and he was super friendly and unpretentious.

Was Morissey personally a jerk to you? Try to see it from Donnie or Liam's view: they are very protective of him( he's been so sick recently); it's also their job. Unless Moz walked up to you and told you to put your phone away I wouldn't let it affect the music for you. If I had just performed and was exhausted I wouldn't want anyone bothering me either.

I've actually never heard of anyone saying he was mean to them when meeting face to face, besides that awful actor.

I have met morrissey before. He was super nice, but he is the way he is and he is entitled to that. These f*** boys moz has working for him know they will never be on his level and they resent that. They know NO ONE will ever View them in that light and when they struggle to figure out why do people view morrissey so highly because there personal openion of morrissey is, is that he is just an old washed up f*****. Yes this is a job. I don't have to like the fag but they never can figure out why people love him so much. So these f*** boys who work for him take it out on his fans. When we don't even acknowledge them and we see morrissey. That offends them. To them you need too puff on their cock and kiss their ass before they just tell you to f*** off, because after all, they HATE morrissey also. just like the rest of the crew. Ive never claimed to be his biggest fan, but I garan f***ing tee you he lost some one who was at the very top of the list and has whooped several people ass for as much as even acting like you were going to say something Negative about morrissey. But I know know. Even though I defended him for over 20 years no matter the circumstance, its very mind numbing that even through all that. He never once gave a f*** about me. I even donated 1000 dollars to Peta in 2011 in his name with hopes that this little bit of money will hopefully make a difference. Im glad i made the donation, I hope it did make a differance, but there is one thing for sure. It did not make a f*** of a bit of difference to morrissey. I made the donation because it a cause he supports and yes i believe it a good cause aswell. My requset was to just mabey get a hand shake and autograph for my donation. Not required, Just a request. I got a call back from Dan Matthews who is the vice president of Peta and who Morrissey sights as 1 of his personal Heros, to tell me yeah that was a big f*** you from morrissey but thanks for the donation. Now thats comeing from someone that MOZ views as a hero of his. My hero calls me up and asks a favor, im there. Not even morrisseys personal Hero could sway him and he is not on moz pay roll. As soon as i got home, I removed all my morrissey stuff from the wall and face the realization that i have seen morrissey for the last time.

Was Morissey personally a jerk to you? Try to see it from Donnie or Liam's view: they are very protective of him( he's been so sick recently); it's also their job. Unless Moz walked up to you and told you to put your phone away I wouldn't let it affect the music for you. If I had just performed and was exhausted I wouldn't want anyone bothering me either.

I've actually never heard of anyone saying he was mean to them when meeting face to face, besides that awful actor.
f*** Liam, f*** Donnie. it has nothing to do with the fact that moz was sick

I have met morrissey before. He was super nice, but he is the way he is and he is entitled to that. These f*** boys moz has working for him know they will never be on his level and they resent that. They know NO ONE will ever View them in that light and when they struggle to figure out why do people view morrissey so highly because there personal openion of morrissey is, is that he is just an old washed up f*****. Yes this is a job. I don't have to like the fag but they never can figure out why people love him so much. So these f*** boys who work for him take it out on his fans. When we don't even acknowledge them and we see morrissey. That offends them. To them you need too puff on their cock and kiss their ass before they just tell you to f*** off, because after all, they HATE morrissey also. just like the rest of the crew. Ive never claimed to be his biggest fan, but I garan f***ing tee you he lost some one who was at the very top of the list and has whooped several people ass for as much as even acting like you were going to say something Negative about morrissey. But I know know. Even though I defended him for over 20 years no matter the circumstance, its very mind numbing that even through all that. He never once gave a f*** about me. I even donated 1000 dollars to Peta in 2011 in his name with hopes that this little bit of money will hopefully make a difference. Im glad i made the donation, I hope it did make a differance, but there is one thing for sure. It did not make a f*** of a bit of difference to morrissey. I made the donation because it a cause he supports and yes i believe it a good cause aswell. My requset was to just mabey get a hand shake and autograph for my donation. Not required, Just a request. I got a call back from Dan Matthews who is the vice president of Peta and who Morrissey sights as 1 of his personal Heros, to tell me yeah that was a big f*** you from morrissey but thanks for the donation. Now thats comeing from someone that MOZ views as a hero of his. My hero calls me up and asks a favor, im there. Not even morrisseys personal Hero could sway him and he is not on moz pay roll. As soon as i got home, I removed all my morrissey stuff from the wall and face the realization that i have seen morrissey for the last time.

If you want to talk about how you feel humiliated because you offered someone head to get to the front of the line and were denied and are now embarrassed, there's a thread for that in the pigsty. Nobody cares! Quit trying to stir shit that doesn't exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Has he always had that scar on his eyebrow? I thought it was the lightning but I've seen it a lot on this tour.

Yeah I was wondering that too. I thought it was a misplaced brow.

If you want to talk about how you feel humiliated because you offered someone head to get to the front of the line and were denied and are now embarrassed, there's a thread for that in the pigsty. Nobody cares! Quit trying to stir shit that doesn't exist.
You just showed how much you really know

You just showed how much you really know

Yeah, about as much as you which is NOTHING. I'm just flapping my arms here having a good time as are the other people WHO WANT TO TALK ABOUT MEMPHIS and not some guy's fantasy about being spurned by some dude named Donnie who just wants to get through the day dealing with freaks coming at him from every direction and a boss with a tour rider more specific than Hasidic Kabbalistic Code. We're here to look at youtube videos and anticipate and reflect on shows, that is all.

Is the eyebrow scar related to the mysterious head injury incident last year?

I can only imagine what shit Donnie has to put up with from psychos.

And donating $1000 so you can get a handshake? Are you insane? Morrissey doesn't owe you anything.

Is the eyebrow scar related to the mysterious head injury incident last year?

I dunno. I wonder if it burns when Voldemort is around?

NO...but I assume he is paying these guys to do his bidding for him so in my mind it was an extension of his own wishes. Over the years I've gotten to hang out and meet many of my idols from the 80s and I have never been treated like that. I paid a lot of money for tickets and a nice hotel and I certainly wasn't expecting ANYTHING... but... to be treated like a thug without cause as I was heading back to my hotel room was ridiculous. I mean, I am a grown adult in my mid forties with a 6 figure income.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom