Memphis, TN - Orpheum Theatre (May 27, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / Speedway / Ganglord / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / I Have Forgiven Jesus / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Istanbul / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Trouble Loves Me / The Bullfighter Dies / Life Is A Pigsty / Certain People I Know / Yes, I Am Blind / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Meat Is Murder // Asleep / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by elvissss.

Last edited:
Did he say anything interesting tonight in Memphis?

The opening act "Kristine Young" was a bit loud and obnoxious. Couldn't wait for Morrissey to take the stage and end my suffering.

He was in a great mood. Joked a bit. Spoke about being in Texas and seeing the "George W Bush" highway. "How does HE get his own highway?" Vocals were perfecto. Sounded exactly like he did back in the 80's.

It was a good gig. What was even better was to see that the horrible Frenchman Gulliame, who hurt Morrissey in Denver, did not get walked in! He is a nasty person who has physically assaulted women in the past.
It's Guillaume, not Gulliame !!
And was first row behind pit in Memphis.
And 1sr row in the pit tonight. He got an handshake from
Morrissey in Nashville so. Moz knows him and seems to doesn't care about the mess in Denver and thinks he was not responsible of his fall.
So ??? What are you saying about that.
Assaulted a woman, prove lt? When, where. LIAR !! JEALOUS.

Some small jokes here and there, expressed some disbelief about the George W Bush turnpike in Dallas... not much else though. Excellent show.

setlist (in order):
hand in glove / speedway / ganglord / one day goodbye will be farewell / I'm throwing my arms around Paris / I have forgiven Jesus / world peace is none of your business / Istanbul / everyday is like Sunday / trouble loves me / the bullfighter dies / life is a pigsty / certain people I know / yes I am blind / Earth is the loneliest planet / meat is murder // asleep / first of the gang to die

in my reply to the Gwb turnpike I yell as loud as I could "I would name a highway after you morrissey" and at least I think his answering to Me was "erm ok, Thank You?" with that beautiful really questioning sarcastic look on his face. but he may have been speaking to someone closer to him but he did say that! and yes excellent show!!!

It's Guillaume, not Gulliame !!
And was first row behind pit in Memphis.
And 1sr row in the pit tonight. He got an handshake from
Morrissey in Nashville so. Moz knows him and seems to doesn't care about the mess in Denver and thinks he was not responsible of his fall.
So ??? What are you saying about that.
Assaulted a woman, prove lt? When, where. LIAR !! JEALOUS.

the other poster was right! He assaulted a woman at the Manchester Apollo 2009 gig by ripping the tour pass out of her hands and it bled! Think she was Californian Moz Girl on this forum. He punched another woman at Hyde Park gig. There are other rumours to I heard that he got 2 women pregnant and forced them to have an abortion!! I've only met him a few times but wasn't nice at all. :-(

This show was great up until the Meat Is Murder visuals came on which was 3 songs before it was over, we should have walked out after that song. I knew what the song was about before going and I really don't need the visuals to go along with it, I can use my own imagination. I grew up in the country around farms, my family and I have seen things unlike many of the fans have seen or even Morrissey has seen...and though he is correct this happens, the animal farm videos he showed looked from the 70's, there's better practices...those animals are breed purposely for food, not for pets. Why even show this? Nobody wants to see cats and dogs euthanized at the Humane Society either. Although if everyone in this World quits eating meat we would be in dire straits, even in trouble and the human race could cease to exist!

Take for example: the rabbit infestation of Australia that took place in the early 1900's, still fighting it today. The introduction and population of those rabbits were devastating, suspected of being the most significant known factor in species loss in Australia due to vegetation loss. Rabbits often kill young trees in orchards, forests, and on properties and are also responsible for serious erosion problems, as they eat native plants, leaving the topsoil exposed and vulnerable to sheet, gully, and wind erosion. The removal of this topsoil is devastating to the land, as it takes many hundreds of years to regenerate. This does not help Australian's dust bowl problem as was also the case in the SW United States too.

The Memphis show really turned us off in a big way, made my wife and I ultra mad, she's even vegetarian but does not want this thrown in her face either, and his opinion and political views are flawed in so many ways. I'm not a fan anymore and could care less about this dimwit, and we did not need the pep rally from Mr. PETA spokesperson himself. We both felt like we went into a radical leftist political rally or convention which it clearly ended up being, a big Liberal PETA-fest! Gag. We will never go see this festival again. We both love animals dearly and we never want to see anything harmed in any way but we both felt completely insulted by this also. How dare Morrissey tell my Wife an I that we commit murder as he prances and dances on stage with his leather shoes. Yes, his shoes did not look plastic in any way and I hope those weren't leather guitar straps either? We just wanted to be musically entertained, nothing more. I hate it when musicians think that they are politicians. This was totally unacceptable.

Only thing not included was live blood and carcasses. The band forgot to dead carcasses into the audience to try and make their point clearer?! This isn't the 60's or Woodstock anymore. This wasn't the only turn off from the Memphis show. There were these poser roadies (with iron on tattoos) that stood in front of us the whole time (they were following Morrissey's road caravan like it's the Grateful Dead or something ha-ha...NOT! I've been to The Grateful Dead and everyone is kind there, not these posers) which was BS because we had FRONT ROW seats! A Complete and Lack Luster of Lame Security didn't do much about it either, they just shook their silly head and shrugged their shoulders. Because of this there were empty seats behind us in the Orchestra Pit section that went unused, such a pity since so many people could have used those empty spots & wasted seats.

A disaster concert in every way, a real shame really because we were so excited about it for several months prior, looking forward to front row, etc. We both went in with excitement and left madly disappointed in every way imaginable! Even the setlist sucked! It could have been a better setlist too. They also could have done without the blood filled videos. Why stop there!? Why not top it off with dead carcasses thrown into the audience later? Between the crummy setlist, blood filled Meat Is Murder videos, and Morrissey Poser Roadies with "Press-On Tattoos", along with the PETA rally; Never again. Viva Hate Morrisey

Morrissey is a real douchebag! Never again will I go to one of his concerts nor listen to his dribbling songs…he’s a Grade-A Turd! So sick of him complaining about life and how bad he has it when it’s just the opposite. What a Loser. We went out and had some Memphis BBQ after the show in his honor. Morrissey & his wanna be Pimps can go F#%K themselves!

Morrissey is a real douchebag! Never again will I go to one of his concerts nor listen to his dribbling songs…he’s a Grade-A Turd! So sick of him complaining about life and how bad he has it when it’s just the opposite. What a Loser. We went out and had some Memphis BBQ after the show in his honor. Morrissey & his wanna be Pimps can go F#%K themselves!

The pree on tatto guy's name is Ryan

This show was great up until the Meat Is Murder visuals came on which was 3 songs before it was over, we should have walked out after that song. I knew what the song was about before going and I really don't need the visuals to go along with it, I can use my own imagination. I grew up in the country around farms, my family and I have seen things unlike many of the fans have seen or even Morrissey has seen...and though he is correct this happens, the animal farm videos he showed looked from the 70's, there's better practices...those animals are breed purposely for food, not for pets. Why even show this? Nobody wants to see cats and dogs euthanized at the Humane Society either. Although if everyone in this World quits eating meat we would be in dire straits, even in trouble and the human race could cease to exist!

Take for example: the rabbit infestation of Australia that took place in the early 1900's, still fighting it today. The introduction and population of those rabbits were devastating, suspected of being the most significant known factor in species loss in Australia due to vegetation loss. Rabbits often kill young trees in orchards, forests, and on properties and are also responsible for serious erosion problems, as they eat native plants, leaving the topsoil exposed and vulnerable to sheet, gully, and wind erosion. The removal of this topsoil is devastating to the land, as it takes many hundreds of years to regenerate. This does not help Australian's dust bowl problem as was also the case in the SW United States too.

The Memphis show really turned us off in a big way, made my wife and I ultra mad, she's even vegetarian but does not want this thrown in her face either, and his opinion and political views are flawed in so many ways. I'm not a fan anymore and could care less about this dimwit, and we did not need the pep rally from Mr. PETA spokesperson himself. We both felt like we went into a radical leftist political rally or convention which it clearly ended up being, a big Liberal PETA-fest! Gag. We will never go see this festival again. We both love animals dearly and we never want to see anything harmed in any way but we both felt completely insulted by this also. How dare Morrissey tell my Wife an I that we commit murder as he prances and dances on stage with his leather shoes. Yes, his shoes did not look plastic in any way and I hope those weren't leather guitar straps either? We just wanted to be musically entertained, nothing more. I hate it when musicians think that they are politicians. This was totally unacceptable.

Only thing not included was live blood and carcasses. The band forgot to dead carcasses into the audience to try and make their point clearer?! This isn't the 60's or Woodstock anymore. This wasn't the only turn off from the Memphis show. There were these poser roadies (with iron on tattoos) that stood in front of us the whole time (they were following Morrissey's road caravan like it's the Grateful Dead or something ha-ha...NOT! I've been to The Grateful Dead and everyone is kind there, not these posers) which was BS because we had FRONT ROW seats! A Complete and Lack Luster of Lame Security didn't do much about it either, they just shook their silly head and shrugged their shoulders. Because of this there were empty seats behind us in the Orchestra Pit section that went unused, such a pity since so many people could have used those empty spots & wasted seats.

A disaster concert in every way, a real shame really because we were so excited about it for several months prior, looking forward to front row, etc. We both went in with excitement and left madly disappointed in every way imaginable! Even the setlist sucked! It could have been a better setlist too. They also could have done without the blood filled videos. Why stop there!? Why not top it off with dead carcasses thrown into the audience later? Between the crummy setlist, blood filled Meat Is Murder videos, and Morrissey Poser Roadies with "Press-On Tattoos", along with the PETA rally; Never again. Viva Hate Morrisey

Have you been to school? You seem really, really unintelligent. I thought Playcunt2000 was thick, but you (and your gormless wife) take the biscuit.

Have you been to school? You seem really, really unintelligent. I thought Playcunt2000 was thick, but you (and your gormless wife) take the biscuit.

Sure it makes people think but not all veggie people care for the hypocritical things Morrissey does. Not all veggie people really want the negative image that organizations like PETA give to them. PETA is humiliating.It is like veg for celebrities.They are flakes. There are plenty of other people on this planet who choose to be meat free and don't care for the way they are represented in the media by them. A number of their go to celebs are phony or later contradict what they originally stood for . There are lots of ways you can be involved without needing to go the route of being a PETA advocate.

Calling me ignorant? haha. Sigh, typical of you people to do so. Did you posers also know that Morrissey drives around in buses/planes that have leather seats and suck up fossil fuels 1000x more than your car? Nobody cares about non-cute animals or non-cute creatures either. You posers only care about the cute animals and creatures on this earth. Do you neck tattoo Pompadour haircut posers know also that bacteria are living creatures also and every time you take a shower or bath you kill them? Maybe that's why you Liberal PETA Posers stink?

Do you like being smelly? Nobody does, the smell comes from living bacteria on your skin and if you take medication for acne or any sort of medical creams or have had to take antibiotics before, your killing another one of Gods living creatures by doing ANY of these things!? GASP!

So all you Pompadour Poser PETA Hypocrites need to take note and think twice before throwing your hypocritical bias Liberal PETA crap our way! Fine having your own thoughts and opinion, but they are all flawed. Completely and utterly flawed! Oh sure, you care about all the cute animals, but not about the ugly parasite or microbial or bacterial creatures you curse everyday. If you were in survival mode you would kill and or eat any one of Gods creatures. You're just spoiled in modern society and are not starving enough. It's human nature to survive. It's human nature to eat meat. It's also human nature to be kind also. We do what we have to do. If it was between your pet parrot Polly or dog Max you would chow down in survival mode. Just like taking that shower or using medicine to get rid of that bacterial infection. ALL are Gods living creatures, even plants, all of these creatures have been proven to be living with thought and feeling. It's been proven through music.

Sorry, but you Pompadour Neck Tattoo Posers kill creatures everyday whether you like it or not, or even think about it. You really think your being kind to animals, all hippy like!? Ha! think again! All of the industrial products you buy or purchase encroaches or devastates some poor creatures habitat somewhere in one way or another on this planet. That wooden guitar, leather guitar strap, wood or plastic chair, leather & plastic shoes, medicine, plastic or glass cups, plastic bags, box and plastic that wraps your boga burgers and soybean chicken patties, glass containers, eyeglasses, toothpaste, gasoline, and all other modern consumer products that you use in today's Modern World.... so following this Wannabe Beatnik Liberal PETA Hypocrite Morrissey, with his dribbling lyrics, always complaining how hard he has it, when it's just the opposite.

The apartments you live in, the houses, the modern conveniences, all of these systems endanger modern specie habitats in every profound way whether you like it or not. There's no getting away from the "human factor" in everything we do. Why harass others with your flawed politics? All you posers quit your whiny dribble about what we eat before we eat you. Get a life, a different haircut, a different idol, and a job, maybe tattoo nightmares will have you on their show with that press-on neck tattoo! Good luck later in life with that poser stuff you got when you were a PETA loving liberal... ha-ha good luck with that! Global Warming is real too. Keep up the idiocracy of lies, taxes, ideas, and don't get me started how flawed all you liberals are, especially PETA libeals. A Debacle Conundrum Paradox waiting to happen...you people have been "Drinking The Kool-Aid" too long! If you don't know what that means, look it up. Until your living in a tent down by the river with no air conditioning and walking to work every day, I'll believe what you say, but until then....we won't be forced to bow to your agenda. Once you start fighting for somethign worthwhile, let's say something like, children with cancer, then maybe we will listen.

The press on tattoo guy's name is Ryan

Ryan, you tattooed up wannabe, we want you on the show and your poser friends too!

Contact us at http://www.tattoonightmarescasting.com/ or http://www.spike.com/shows/tattoo-nightmares ... we also want the Pompadour Pipsqueak Redhead Morrissey Wannabe Poser with his Paradoxical Wannabe Goth Girlfriend, you know, the couple in the front row holding the Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds Tote bag, thinking she's all goth with her Pipsqueak Redhead Bullfighter Boyfriend. The redhead pompadour poser who spoke over the microphone and said the "Bullfighter song is the bloody best song i ever heard Morrissey and i want to suck you off!".

We want your poser friends on the show too. Contact us! Sincerely, Tattoo Nightmares

Entering the security check on a rainy Memphis night we were told no umbrellas. And no coat check was available, thanks Orpheum. We had walked from home so we had to stash our umbrella and of course it was stolen and we got to walk home in the rain. We bought tickets away from the stage to avoid the volume. Even with ear plugs it was too loud. Some fans enjoyed the opening artist but it nearly caused us to leave, many stayed in the lobby until Morissey. It was too loud to understand most of the words to both. Morissey first entered my world 30 years ago and we were bummed not to have heard more of the older stuff. On our walk home we overheard others stating the same. The music now is a bit much on instrumentals which actually detract from the song instead of enhance it. Albums usually don't have the ongoing instrumentals anyway. Still it was good to finally see him and I'm glad his voice, attitude and agenda haven't changed. I'm glad he was booked into Memphis & wonder if he tried some of the veg restaurants. We are now vegan...I wonder if his music so many years ago had anything to do with that path. Umbrella thieves...return them to the Orpheum.

Entering the security check on a rainy Memphis night we were told no umbrellas. And no coat check was available, thanks Orpheum. We had walked from home so we had to stash our umbrella and of course it was stolen and we got to walk home in the rain. We bought tickets away from the stage to avoid the volume. Even with ear plugs it was too loud. Some fans enjoyed the opening artist but it nearly caused us to leave, many stayed in the lobby until Morissey. It was too loud to understand most of the words to both. Morissey first entered my world 30 years ago and we were bummed not to have heard more of the older stuff. On our walk home we overheard others stating the same. The music now is a bit much on instrumentals which actually detract from the song instead of enhance it. Albums usually don't have the ongoing instrumentals anyway. Still it was good to finally see him and I'm glad his voice, attitude and agenda haven't changed. I'm glad he was booked into Memphis & wonder if he tried some of the veg restaurants. We are now vegan...I wonder if his music so many years ago had anything to do with that path. Umbrella thieves...return them to the Orpheum.

My wallet and money were stolen too! Stolen directly from Morrissey and his team of PETA advocates! What a waste of money

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom