Michael Eavis considering Glastonbury 2018 only if a certain band reforms

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Nevertheless, whilst speaking at the Speakers Forum Q&A on Sunday (June 25), Michael Eavis said that despite it being hard work, he was “already regretting” taking the year off. While still confirming the fallow year is 100% certain, he also half-jokingly mentioned the fact that: “there’s one band I want to re-form – if they re-form, I’ll change my mind”.

Keeping the cards close to his chest, Michael did not reveal who that band might be. Although he did add: “It’s not One Direction.”

http://www.glastofestfeed.com/news/michael-eavis-considering-glastonbury-2018/

Nevertheless, whilst speaking at the Speakers Forum Q&A on Sunday (June 25), Michael Eavis said that despite it being hard work, he was “already regretting” taking the year off. While still confirming the fallow year is 100% certain, he also half-jokingly mentioned the fact that: “there’s one band I want to re-form – if they re-form, I’ll change my mind”.

Keeping the cards close to his chest, Michael did not reveal who that band might be. Although he did add: “It’s not One Direction.”

http://www.glastofestfeed.com/news/michael-eavis-considering-glastonbury-2018/

Well, if it is the Smiths... then WHAT could bring them together? If it's not love and if it's not the bomb, and if it's not even for the money? THEN WHAT can entice these people, excluding Joyce OF COURSE, to get back together ?

Because MORRISSEY has NEVER done anything just for the money. And Marr is still trying to prove that he actually has a successful career after leaving the Smiths, yeah, it's gonna be difficult for anyone to bring them together.

Maybe Eavis is taking about.... the Monkeys?

Well, if it is the Smiths... then WHAT could bring them together? If it's not love and if it's not the bomb, and if it's not even for the money? THEN WHAT can entice these people, excluding Joyce OF COURSE, to get back together ?

Because MORRISSEY has NEVER done anything just for the money. And Marr is still trying to prove that he actually has a successful career after leaving the Smiths, yeah, it's gonna be difficult for anyone to bring them together.

Maybe Eavis is taking about.... the Monkeys?

Who he? :confused:
The pressure on Moz and Marr (M&M) to reform now must be almost more unbearable then ever before. :squiffy:
I'd rather see them as that, M&M, at Glastonbury. :D
In fact, why not? ;)

The accusations of Moz being a money grabbing monster (amongst other "things"), have been thrown at him through out his whole career, even without reforming so it wouldn't make any difference whatsoever.
No such thing was aimed at Johnny Marr and he would never have to defend himself for it.
I don't care about the money!
I hope they both get, f***ing, filthy rich out of it.

The idea they would be there, and worked together, creating new music and songs too, is a tantalizing, mesmerizing one, even after all those years.

And I am not saying anything derogative about Moz solo or Johnny Marr with that! :thumb:

kajagoogoo are never getting back together.just think TOO SHYYYY CLOSING THE MAIN STAGE ON THE SUNDAY NIGHT.

I would rather see them let it go. They aren't really friends anymore, they don't seem to be on the same page musically anymore, I don't want to see them do it for money so what's he point. At best it would be nostalgic entertainment lacking the spirit that was such an important part of the show. At worst it would be a desperate attempt to relive past glories. I would watch to just to see how it compares but my expectation would be that it sounded great if soulless

this is one time mike joyce would gladly take 10%.

Hang on ! Hang on a minute ! :rolleyes:
Although Steven the vegan " Act" has performed there more than once in the past, how can he possibly truck up in any capacity to perform having declared that "Glastonbury is not animal friendly" ? (His words not mine)

What kind of cult is this ? :crazy:
Maybe Steve could strike a deal with Eavis that all the milk produced 2018 goes to make Steve's favourite Kerrygold Dubliner cheese ? That might clinch the deal eh ! :laughing:

Nah na na na nahhhhhh ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Am 4kin lovin it bots :tiphat:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

In the old age Benny :greatbritain::knife: tradition (that a certain bot4k copied)

NEXT ! ! ! ! ! !

this is one time mike joyce would gladly take 10%.

As if he didn't take gladly 10% all the other times and then after so long, found out he should feel miserable taking it and not receiving 25 %.
Nobody is ever going to have a deal with him, written or not written on paper despite what that judge said.

I noticed Moz has had several businessdeals after the court case and released Maladjusted, You Are The Quarry, ROTT, YOR and WPINOYB, and all other singles, Autobiography and List of The Lost.
How is that possible if you are devious, trucelent and unreliable?

Does anybody really think that would be possible if those business partners believed that judge or even became wary of doing business with Moz?
He is a professional businessman and that's why those deals were done cause the counterparties are professional businessmen too and they all know how to make a deal.

If you are able to ignore all the hypes, speculation, statements from Moz about anything or nothing in particlar, and bullshit surrounding him, this is what it comes down to.
Nothing wrong with that!

Who he? :confused:
The pressure on Moz and Marr (M&M) to reform now must be almost more unbearable then ever before. :squiffy:
I'd rather see them as that, M&M, at Glastonbury. :D
In fact, why not?

The accusations of Moz being a money grabbing monster (amongst other "things"), have been thrown at him through out his whole career, even without reforming so it wouldn't make any difference whatsoever.
No such thing was aimed at Johnny Marr and he would never have to defend himself for it.
I don't care about the money!
I hope they both get, f***ing, filthy rich out of it.

The idea they would be there, and worked together, creating new music and songs too, is a tantalizing, mesmerizing one, even after all those years.

And I am not saying anything derogative about Moz solo or Johnny Marr with that!

:thumb:

Actually, I think Moz should just do a tour with the band he has now and just call it... the Smiths! :D

And if anyone questions his actions, just go silent and refuse to answer.:lbf: Which wouldn't be too difficult considering his interviews lately by email only.

SCREW 'EM ALL MOZ !!! :rock::rock::rock::rock:

:thumb:

Actually, I think Moz should just do a tour with the band he has now and just call it... the Smiths! :D

And if anyone questions his actions, just go silent and refuse to answer.:lbf: Which wouldn't be too difficult considering his interviews lately by email only.

SCREW 'EM ALL MOZ !!! :rock::rock::rock::rock:

:D:D:D
That is so funny!
OMG if he would do that!
Think about the uproar, the posts about being a fan from the day he was born and the burning of material filmed, (supposed to be all Moz-stuff, but not very clear to distinguish, as that would be all listed on e-bay).
And he would surely get his name and that of The Smiths in the tabloids again for the umpteenth time.

Morrissey will never play Glastonbury again - it's not vegan. But Eavis is probably talking about ABBA, or Pink Floyd, or the Jam.

Let's not turn the smiths into the fall

Why not !?:lbf: Screw the Smiths ! I think Moz should just start a Fall tribute band ! Mark would be irked, but at least they both have something in common, I mean both coming from the Smiths 'family'. ;)

Hang on ! Hang on a minute ! :rolleyes:
Although Steven the vegan " Act" has performed there more than once in the past, how can he possibly truck up in any capacity to perform having declared that "Glastonbury is not animal friendly" ? (His words not mine)

What kind of cult is this ?
Maybe Steve could strike a deal with Eavis that all the milk produced 2018 goes to make Steve's favourite Kerrygold Dubliner cheese ? That might clinch the deal eh ! :laughing:

Nah na na na nahhhhhh ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Am 4kin lovin it bots :tiphat:

In the old age Benny :greatbritain::knife: tradition (that a certain bot4k copied)

NEXT ! ! ! ! ! !

On what grounds is my post redundant you stupid twatty-bot-4kwit

Just to remind you and the blinkered cult of Steven Clownerrey, " *Glastonbury is NOT animal friendly " (Steven Twatrick Tosserrey CrankFraud Charlatan Sold-out Nobody's Nothing Has Been Not Gay Bitter Stupid Mancunian Ligger Prick)
* His own words !

Get on yer knees and tea bag me in the hope I may one day forgive you for being a simpleton bot-prick.

NEXT ! :head-smack:

Don't think it's the Smiths. Eavis is known to be partial - he picked them for Desert Island Discs and he once named them as his all time favourite Glastonbury act. But he said in 2014 that there was a band from Manchester who would never be invited back. He said they were no longer famous and they had fallen out with each other. Oasis maybe? Except Noel and Liam were both welcome (separately) at Glastonbury this year. But someone who doesn't seem to have been made welcome in 2015, for whatever reason, is Morrissey. There must be some bad blood there.

My money would be on Led Zeppelin, who Eavis has previously said were the band who he would most like to reform for Glastonbury or the Kinks, who were rumoured to be playing this year. They were supposed to headline the first festival in 1970, so it would be a fitting place for them to reform.

Back
Top Bottom