Mike Joyce and Stephen Morris Q+A Drummers and Songwriting (Manchester, Sep. 21, 2017)

Stories From the Seat - HOME

Date & Time
Thu 21 Sep 2017, 19.30

BBC’s Mark Radcliffe hosts an evening with drummer Pete Marshall (Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott) and Manchester greats Mike Joyce (The Smiths) and Stephen Morris (Joy Division/New Order) as they play and discuss their individual approaches to drumming and their contributions to some of Manchester’s best-known songs.

Should be enjoyable in a train wreck sort of way...

40547_joyce_morris_marshall.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hope someone tapes it, and put it on here

Or hope the intervieuw will be available for watching it again, but saw you need a login code.

About Joyce, think Mike has sorta stopped playing proffesional, and want to spend to with the family and friends though I bet he still can handle the sticks:oops:

I dunno. I always liked the way he played. It's like Boris Williams from The Cure. To me he was the best drummer they had and I think the newer drummer Jason is crap. I'd rate Joyce above any drummers Moz has worked with since. Spencer had his moments and Woodie Taylor was great on Vauxhall, but I think Joyce is way better than the Walker brother.
Rick Buckler was an amazing drummer with The Jam but you rarely hear his name mentioned. I think drummers are treated unfairly by people especially if they fall foul of the lead singer. Many 'fans' of Moz hate Joyce when in reality he helped propel The Smiths. Ok he wasn't the driving force but his sound impacted their music. For the better I think.

dear friend Acton, matt walker is mozart on drums considering MJ.

But what does Joyce, who had a minor role in a band for five years decades ago, have to discuss about songwriting with Morris who (regardless of what one thinks of the recent no album) is still actively a musician and one of his band's principal writers/arrangers/programmers?

But what does Joyce, who had a minor role in a band for five years decades ago, have to discuss about songwriting with Morris who (regardless of what one thinks of the recent no album) is still actively a musician and one of his band's principal writers/arrangers/programmers?

From what I understand they are going to play drums and discuss how the beats and patterns came about?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom