Mike Joyce presenting 2 hour radio special on The Smiths (Oct 13)

Press release

11th October 2011

MIKE JOYCE TO PRESENT 2 HOUR SPECIAL ON THE SMITHS (archive link)

Legendary ex-drummer of The Smiths MIKE JOYCE will be playing a selection of his favourite SMITHS tracks and giving his own personal insight into each track

To be broadcast on EAST VILLAGE RADIO Thursday 13th October 2011 3pm -5pm (GMT)

MIKE JOYCE: “Ok folks, I said last week that I was going to play a few select tracks from The Smiths new box set, "Complete" which has just been released on Rhino Records.
The idea of playing a “few” has gone out the window because I found it just too difficult to choose, but I’ve been whittling away and I've finally managed to get it down to 24 tracks, which is a rather convenient 2 hours...The same time as the show!
So next week (13th October) The Coalition Chart Show will have a week off and we're going to have a bit of a "Smiths" special.
I'll be playing tracks off every album that's been released, plus a little insight into each track.
All the albums, studio/ compilation and live that we released have been re-mastered by Johnny Marr.

The Cloud Control session (which is incredible btw) will be aired the following Thursday (20th of October)”
Thursday 13th October 2011 3pm -5pm (GMT)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cue loads of people... sorry, idiots... criticising Joyce.

Get a life.

I, for one, am very much looking forward to this. Can't wait, even.

Its funny though really because they will all be tuning in to listen you can bet on that! Keep your eye on this story gurantee there'll be "Hey way to go where can I get the link"or "hey what songs made the playlist I really lucked out and missed the darn thing,darn the man he's a cash hungry pussy anyways. Moz has produced better tunes than the smiths any day MAN"

So here we go "Get ready for the Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide"

Oh and by the way good luck Mike Joyce a proper GOOD stick basher.

May I kindly say, that any of us who ever met Mike Joyce knows he's a decent sort, quite polite, well raised and dare I say, humble of praise. Both he and Craig Gannon remain to this day so grateful of fan/friend appreciation of their music. With out these guys, Andy too ofcorse, there would not be The Smiths. The very best success to all The Smiths in their endeavors to bring us their music. The private business between them all is really none of our bees wax and though very interesting at times, tact prevails as the proper decorum. Good Luck Mike with your show, will try to get it here on the net........Fire away...

May I kindly say, that any of us who ever met Mike Joyce knows he's a decent sort, quite polite, well raised and dare I say, humble of praise. Both he and Craig Gannon remain to this day so grateful of fan/friend appreciation of their music. With out these guys, Andy too ofcorse, there would not be The Smiths. The very best success to all The Smiths in their endeavors to bring us their music. The private business between them all is really none of our bees wax and though very interesting at times, tact prevails as the proper decorum. Good Luck Mike with your show, will try to get it here on the net........Fire away...
Basically true. Had Mike been approached with an offer,written words on paper, can you write?... the payout would have been far lees painful for Morrissey. 1 Million pounds?...Ouch! That has to hurt anyones, bank account or pride, in Morrisseys case both. Andy will show up, maybe on air. Very doubtful on Johnny. Morrissey will co-host, hatchet stashed under coat.

Whether some people like it or not, the truth is The Smiths would have never been the same without Mike or Andy, especially Andy who was key to their sound in my opinion. Obviously Marr and Morrissey were the two main factors in the equation but nonetheless The Smiths were four.

Whether some people like it or not, the truth is The Smiths would have never been the same without Mike or Andy, especially Andy who was key to their sound in my opinion. Obviously Marr and Morrissey were the two main factors in the equation but nonetheless The Smiths were four.

One of the dumbest things I've heard re the smiths. Moz n' Marr could've chosen any competent rythymn section and Morrissey's lyrics with Marr's guitar would've still taken the thinking world by storm. What a crock.

This douche is going to play some smiths songs we all have anyway? Ooh where do I tune in? I think I'll just play them myself thanks Mike :)

This douche is going to play some smiths songs we all have anyway? Ooh where do I tune in? I think I'll just play them myself thanks Mike :)

Morning Bart is it raining in Springfield Doh!!!!

One of the dumbest things I've heard re the smiths. Moz n' Marr could've chosen any competent rythymn section and Morrissey's lyrics with Marr's guitar would've still taken the thinking world by storm. What a crock.

One of the dumbest things I've heard re the smiths.

Joyce is one of the key problems that more Smiths material will not be released,or if there will be a reunion it will not be the Smiths

Joyce crossed the line by trying to get property [houses] from Morrissey's mum and sis Jackie in the UK, that's not the Mike Joyce who still talks with proud to have worked with Morrissey

Joyce had always a good life, wasn't poor, he got his right by court, but that doesn't meanhe didn't got nothing, it's still up to Joyce to say OK,I've got enough money, I call my acountants, the justiceadministration, and write it's ' enough', and the court money problem will be overanyway

Joyce shall never get aproval from M&M to release rare Smiths material

O.t.o.h Joyce and Rourke were the rythm team in the Smiths and maybe one could think I were overrarated, certainly not in my case, they were 2 members of a 4 piece band called the Smiths, and
they jammed a lot with Johnny in the studio's around the recording sesions, and live they were even more important, for the sound

out!

:o

Last edited:
He might've been an arse but he doesn't sound like one , this is GOLD and I'm enjoying it so much , thanks Mike Joyce , he just said death of a disco dancer is with all certainty everyones favourite track in the band !

Very interesting. Does he have ADHD? He seems like a kid. I wonder if someone planted in his head the idea to sue?He did a decent job. He seemed to dump praise on Morrissey's writing skills, I lol'd.

Very interesting. Does he have ADHD? He seems like a kid. I wonder if someone planted in his head the idea to sue?He did a decent job. He seemed to dump praise on Morrissey's writing skills, I lol'd.
You seem lke a buchiaci stunod!

Really enjoyed that. Great songs made even greater by the remastering. Not even time for classics like Sheila Take a Bow, William It Was Really Nothing or Shoplifters of the World.He, Mozza and that omnivorous wretch Rourke should really take after Marr's lead though in taking animal ethics to the logical conclusion and GOING VEGAN.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom