Mike Joyce presenting 2 hour radio special on The Smiths (Oct 13)

Press release

11th October 2011

MIKE JOYCE TO PRESENT 2 HOUR SPECIAL ON THE SMITHS (archive link)

Legendary ex-drummer of The Smiths MIKE JOYCE will be playing a selection of his favourite SMITHS tracks and giving his own personal insight into each track

To be broadcast on EAST VILLAGE RADIO Thursday 13th October 2011 3pm -5pm (GMT)

MIKE JOYCE: “Ok folks, I said last week that I was going to play a few select tracks from The Smiths new box set, "Complete" which has just been released on Rhino Records.
The idea of playing a “few” has gone out the window because I found it just too difficult to choose, but I’ve been whittling away and I've finally managed to get it down to 24 tracks, which is a rather convenient 2 hours...The same time as the show!
So next week (13th October) The Coalition Chart Show will have a week off and we're going to have a bit of a "Smiths" special.
I'll be playing tracks off every album that's been released, plus a little insight into each track.
All the albums, studio/ compilation and live that we released have been re-mastered by Johnny Marr.

The Cloud Control session (which is incredible btw) will be aired the following Thursday (20th of October)”
Thursday 13th October 2011 3pm -5pm (GMT)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting. Does he have ADHD? He seems like a kid. I wonder if someone planted in his head the idea to sue?He did a decent job. He seemed to dump praise on Morrissey's writing skills, I lol'd.

I think this is a necessity for being a drummer :)

Dave

I think this is a necessity for being a drummer :)

Dave

Was he one of the Smiths that was delving into drugs? He was probably just self-medicating. Ritalin is speedy but the thing is that it calms down ADDers. He was all over the place during the broadcast, I recognized the ADD part when he was talking about how many songs could be knocked of in a session then randomly said he got a new drum kit. :D Maybe he was just nervous, but isn't he a regular DJ?

Joyce is one of the key problems that more Smiths material will not be released,or if there will be a reunion it will not be the Smiths

Joyce crossed the line by trying to get property [houses] from Morrissey's mum and sis Jackie in the UK, that's not the Mike Joyce who still talks with proud to have worked with Morrissey

Joyce had always a good life, wasn't poor, he got his right by court, but that doesn't meanhe didn't got nothing, it's still up to Joyce to say OK,I've got enough money, I call my acountants, the justiceadministration, and write it's ' enough', and the court money problem will be overanyway

Joyce shall never get aproval from M&M to release rare Smiths material

O.t.o.h Joyce and Rourke were the rythm team in the Smiths and maybe one could think I were overrarated, certainly not in my case, they were 2 members of a 4 piece band called the Smiths, and
they jammed a lot with Johnny in the studio's around the recording sesions, and live they were even more important, for the sound

out!

:o

even after all the years you have been posting here, I still find your posts garbled and looking as though they have been written by a ten year old which makes me skip over them without reading properly. You should learn to write properly - it would lend some credit to your posts.

Wasting time on Twitter this morning... looks like Mike Joyce is the only one playing a game with Warner Bros
MikeTweets.JPG

I wonder if he won a copy of the boxed set, or was he given it, or did he have to order one?

I wonder what Andy thinks of the new releases?

Dave

Joyce is one of the key problems that more Smiths material will not be released,or if there will be a reunion it will not be the Smiths

Joyce crossed the line by trying to get property [houses] from Morrissey's mum and sis Jackie in the UK, that's not the Mike Joyce who still talks with proud to have worked with Morrissey

Joyce had always a good life, wasn't poor, he got his right by court, but that doesn't meanhe didn't got nothing, it's still up to Joyce to say OK,I've got enough money, I call my acountants, the justiceadministration, and write it's ' enough', and the court money problem will be overanyway

Joyce shall never get aproval from M&M to release rare Smiths material

O.t.o.h Joyce and Rourke were the rythm team in the Smiths and maybe one could think I were overrarated, certainly not in my case, they were 2 members of a 4 piece band called the Smiths, and
they jammed a lot with Johnny in the studio's around the recording sesions, and live they were even more important, for the sound

out!

:o

Once again celibate you talk absolute rubbish.
Morrissey never tried to get ''property [houses] from Morrissey's mum and sis Jackie in the UK''.
Please tell me where you got this information from because it is factually incorrect.

You add ''Joyce will never get approval from M&M to release rare Smiths material''. Where has he tried to do this? He hasn't, so you really do not have a point at all, but just trying to find one that suits your agenda.

Finally, you say Mike should call the court and say ''OK, I have enough money now'' - that's just plain pathetic. Mike and Andy are still entitled to whatever they are entitled to (including royalties from the box sets just released) and will do on any future releases. In fact the box set release just completely makes your comment (and yourself) look stupid that ''Joyce is the reason that more Smiths material will not be released.''
Do you really think when the box set was being worked on, Marr was concerned with how much Mike would earn?
You need to get over this Mike ''attitude'' that you have.

even after all the years you have been posting here, I still find your posts garbled and looking as though they have been written by a ten year old which makes me skip over them without reading properly. You should learn to write properly - it would lend some credit to your posts.

Idon't post here to get credits, or write to favour people, further I'm Dutch, my english is getting
worse since I've been held in a coma due a neglected amonia [2006 ,I wrote lots about that so search],
also my dutch writing is getting horrible

I just come here and if I comment I do that because I want to

ta anonymous

Idon't post here to get credits, or write to favour people, further I'm Dutch, my english is getting
worse since I've been held in a coma due a neglected amonia [2006 ,I wrote lots about that so search],
also my dutch writing is getting horrible

I just come here and if I comment I do that because I want to

ta anonymous

It's true, you write like a 10 year old. I hope a new coma engulfs you in it's timely silence.

Good day, Dutch moron.

Once again celibate you talk absolute rubbish.
Morrissey never tried to get ''property [houses] from Morrissey's mum and sis Jackie in the UK''.
Please tell me where you got this information from because it is factually incorrect..

I read it in a Interview with Morrissey once.

I read it in a Interview with Morrissey once.

Morrissey even contacted his lawyers to stop Joyce

I know this is a fact, I'm on this site from 1999, me writing may be bad, but me memory not,
according to this issue, if Morrissey's bio/book will be released I'm sure it will be in it.

Mike is a Smith, he just ruined and hurted Morrissey most by taken him to court, after
such a long time when they split up,again I'm not putting him down as a musician but as a person,
it's unbelievable Joyce never knew how much everyone got paid

I'm not making a big deal of it, but Morrissey doesn't even says his name, and names him ' the drummer'
but this fact is the reason there never will be a reunion

and anonymous, can you write a dutch comment, it suits you
also to see your true colours by making childisch comments and start to be direspectfull

btw I've no shares in that beer factory, I am a non alcholic becuase I just don't like it I'd love
fruitdrinks in many flavours

I know this is a fact, I'm on this site from 1999, me writing may be bad, but me memory not,
according to this issue, if Morrissey's bio/book will be released I'm sure it will be in it.
Yea, what he did was f***ed up there, what was he thinking!

Ever wonder why REM lasted so long and no internal b.s. to snafu the group? They all agreed to receive equal money. Even after an early retirement, due to health, Bill Barry got an equal share. Ever wonder why some groups just break up, though talent and hit songs abound? Some greedy f*** thinks their shit smells sweeter than most .Yup..... "Money Changes Everything"!

Mike is a Smith, he just ruined and hurted Morrissey most by taken him to court, after
such a long time when they split up,again I'm not putting him down as a musician but as a person,
it's unbelievable Joyce never knew how much everyone got paid

I'm not making a big deal of it, but Morrissey doesn't even says his name, and names him ' the drummer'
but this fact is the reason there never will be a reunion

and anonymous, can you write a dutch comment, it suits you
also to see your true colours by making childisch comments and start to be direspectfull

btw I've no shares in that beer factory, I am a non alcholic becuase I just don't like it I'd love
fruitdrinks in many flavours

You know NOTHING as a fact other than what you want to believe (or heard Morrissey say, you know, the bloke who the judge said was unreliable etc etc etc)

The FACT is Mike's lawyers NEVER went after his mum and sister's house.
The FACT is Mike's lawyers went after Morrissey's properties because at the time Morrissey owned them. It was irrelevant who was living there.... Morrissey owed Mike money and he owned property that Mike's lawers were entitled to claim against. The law of the land allowed that. Whether or not you or I agree with that law is irrelevant, the law of the land permitted that to happen.
Morrissey then transferred ownership of the properties from his name into his mother / sister's names. Morrissey, therefore, in the eyes of the law, did not own the properties.
Mike's lawyers were then unable to make any claim on the properties from that point.
So as you can see, Mike NEVER made ANY claim on his mum or sister's houses.

Mike didn't take ''so long after the band split up to go to court'', the case itself took so long to actually GET to court.

So Morrissey calls Mike ''the drummer''. Big deal. Move on.

The Smiths: Morrissey - Voice, Marr - Guitars, Rourke - the Bass, Joyce - the Drums. Point final. These were the Smiths. I think you will agree, Ladies & Gentlemen, the BEST band to ever record. Let us not choose sides, but rather .... and I'm not even joking....just say that The Smiths were (ARE!) 4 incredible individuals that made IT happen.

The Smiths: Morrissey - Voice, Marr - Guitars, Rourke - the Bass, Joyce - the Drums. Point final. These were the Smiths. I think you will agree, Ladies & Gentlemen, the BEST band to ever record. Let us not choose sides, but rather .... and I'm not even joking....just say that The Smiths were (ARE!) 4 incredible individuals that made IT happen.

Actually, not that my opinion counts, but you put that together perfecty. Picture yourself as Rourke or Joyce at the end of the Smiths. You WERE a SMITH ! It has to count for something.

You know NOTHING as a fact other than what you want to believe (or heard Morrissey say, you know, the bloke who the judge said was unreliable etc etc etc)

The FACT is Mike's lawyers NEVER went after his mum and sister's house.
The FACT is Mike's lawyers went after Morrissey's properties because at the time Morrissey owned them. It was irrelevant who was living there.... Morrissey owed Mike money and he owned property that Mike's lawers were entitled to claim against. The law of the land allowed that. Whether or not you or I agree with that law is irrelevant, the law of the land permitted that to happen.
Morrissey then transferred ownership of the properties from his name into his mother / sister's names. Morrissey, therefore, in the eyes of the law, did not own the properties.
Mike's lawyers were then unable to make any claim on the properties from that point.
So as you can see, Mike NEVER made ANY claim on his mum or sister's houses.

Mike didn't take ''so long after the band split up to go to court'', the case itself took so long to actually GET to court.

So Morrissey calls Mike ''the drummer''. Big deal. Move on.

yeah move on, the Smiths split in 1987 the court case 10 years after, Morrissey hearrd about it
allready when Joyce and Rourke worked with him on a single in 1989/90, iNTERSTING DRUG OR PLAYBOYS

and don't try to impress me with big letters, I've caps too as you see

Joyce knew very well about the properties, but he tried, and when
Morrissey lawyers acted, he backed down fast

big deal, move on

he was a Smith,as Andy ,Marr&Morrissey

Compare him to Ringo Starr. Where is "It Don't Come Easy?" Ringo didn't sue. He made some hit records. He had the first post-Beatles number one. Joyce did do some great tracks with Morrissey but Ringo has a greatest hits record. Conclusion? Mike Joyce is no Ringo Starr

Compare him to Ringo Starr. Where is "It Don't Come Easy?" Ringo didn't sue. He made some hit records. He had the first post-Beatles number one. Joyce did do some great tracks with Morrissey but Ringo has a greatest hits record. Conclusion? Mike Joyce is no Ringo Starr

Incorrect. The first post Beatles number 1 was George Harrison's 'My Sweet Lord'.
And remember, Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in The Beatles ;)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom