Mike Joyce presenting 2 hour radio special on The Smiths

lutewhine

Just had this. FLAME ON PEOPLE!

-----------------------

Press release

11th October 2011

MIKE JOYCE TO PRESENT 2 HOUR SPECIAL ON THE SMITHS

Legendary ex-drummer of The Smiths MIKE JOYCE will be playing a selection of his favourite SMITHS tracks and giving his own personal insight into each track

To be broadcast on EAST VILLAGE RADIO Thursday 13th October 2011 3pm -5pm (GMT)

MIKE JOYCE: “Ok folks, I said last week that I was going to play a few select tracks from The Smiths new box set, "Complete" which has just been released on Rhino Records.
The idea of playing a “few” has gone out the window because I found it just too difficult to choose, but I’ve been whittling away and I've finally managed to get it down to 24 tracks, which is a rather convenient 2 hours...The same time as the show!
So next week (13th October) The Coalition Chart Show will have a week off and we're going to have a bit of a "Smiths" special.
I'll be playing tracks off every album that's been released, plus a little insight into each track.
All the albums, studio/ compilation and live that we released have been re-mastered by Johnny Marr.

The Cloud Control session (which is incredible btw) will be aired the following Thursday (20th of October)”
Thursday 13th October 2011 3pm -5pm (GMT)

Cool - should be good to listen to.

Dave

If I am not mistaken he posted it on Facebook last week.
I guess he could call Marr and Rourke as guest to make it better with interviews and memories about Smiths years.

Sounds essential listening, Mike's memorable monologues. Very Alan Parttridge

I'm sure Marr would be delighted to rekindle his friendship with Joyce - as soon as Joyce repays Marr the 1.3 million pounds he swindled out of him in the courts. But this issue is perhaps for another thread!

Then it is a great moment of react their friendship.

Last edited:
I'm sure Marr would be delighted to rekindle his friendship with Joyce - as soon as Joyce repays Marr the 1.3 million pounds he swindled out of him in the courts. But this issue is perhaps for another thread!

Maybe, Marr will never get it over....:eek:

I think that should read "Ex-drummer of legendary The Smiths" as opposed to...

I think that should read "Ex-drummer of legendary The Smiths" as opposed to...

haha, your right. If The Smiths had been still together around the court case peroid then I doubt Joyce would still be a member of The Smiths, dunno about Rourke though.

It kinda seems like the guy who balanced the tires for the space shuttle commenting on the space exploration, but hey, what do I know? I guess the drummer does serve as the metronome for the band. Should be interesting I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom