Mike Joyce & Salford Lads Club: crowdfunding help wanted

"Myself and Salford Lads Club are looking for some help from you guys. The club is using 'Crowdfund' to raise some cash so they can employ a full-time sports coach at the club to work with the kids. Whatever they raise, Comic Relief will double it to achieve their target. At the moment they've raised £5,600.00p and the target they need to reach is £7,900.00p by the 29th of November. I've got over 7k followers so if just half of those donated £1, we would smash it! If you're feeling particularly generous and you donate £30, you get a cool tote bag with the logo from the t shirt I'm sporting in the attached picture. If you want one of the t shirts I'm wearing, then it will set you back £60. This T shirt is a strictly limited run for this campaign. If you order the T shirt, I'll put a little signature on it with thanks. All the info' and where to donate is here: www.salfordladsclub.org.uk

Thanks for reading and please share."

More details via SLC:
https://salfordladsclub.org.uk/support/crowdfund-us/

Direct link to crowdfunding site:
http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/iconic...r?tk=00a7ee0fa9262ae215f5bb9e631f9c2a8cbfc034

41519_41448_salford-lads-club-limited-edition-rewards.jpg

They are a worthy cause - although I'm sure the choice of words on the t-shirt will raise an eyebrow or two :)
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
The issue that I have with THIS post is the idiot stood above - in full color - in the first place.
Does he have no shame ?

This is my view. I do not care what anyone else thinks. I heard him drum live too.

You know, most of us are intelligent folks too and can see what's going on here. But IF the club needs funds then it should truly present one of the musical group and show a clip of them playing the drums (in time or not-in-time I don't care right now) rather than this fool. It might help if anyone in connection with such club actually got an advert into the local press too e.g. the Manchester Evening News - assuming it's genuine.

Hazard
x

Folks aren't thinking intelligently. They can not admit that Mike Joyce is doing this as a way to get attention for himself first and the kids second. They are trying to turn The Smiths into "Dad rock".

Folks aren't thinking intelligently. They can not admit that Mike Joyce is doing this as a way to get attention for himself first and the kids second. They are trying to turn The Smiths into "Dad rock".

I'm actually rather ashamed that I placed the two words intelligent and Mike Joyce in the same sentence.....oops.

If this story IS totally genuine then Manchester does have a number of "proper" PR Agencies (with staff) who can do such a better job for totally rewarding and worthy causes such as The Salford Lads Club. They can also do this without having HIM getting involved. Manchester does have number of very talented musicians around in 2017 who are not actually 'living off/from the memories of 1980-hate.'

This is a great venue and location and it deserves support. Just that in my view, posting something with HIM (in color) is just going to stir up trouble. And should the 'Practising Troublemaker' get to hear about it, then it would be a nightmare.

Hazard
x

Given Morrissey's comments about how 14 year old boys are asking for it when they are alone with an adult male I think someone at the Salford Lad's Club ought to make a statement about Morrissey's comments.
And leave Mike Joyce alone. He is trying to do some good. Does anyone really think he does this for the money or the fame? If he wanted to be more famous he could make some stupid statement to the press every time a child is murdered in a massacre or falls victim to a rapist. If he wanted more money I'm pretty sure there are more lucrative ways to get it than pushing t-shirts for a worthy charity.

We have always known why Johnny Marr had to ditch the Smiths and it wasn't Mikes drumming or Mike. He's a great gorgeous nice normal guy. Who could ever defend liking Morrisseys closety distasteful situation. Embarassing. Mike has a huge thick Mickey and digs girls.

Oh do f*** off. Why don't YOU go raise some money for a local club, you piss-gargling shitweasel?
Terms of Service
"You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, "

Terms of Service
"You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, "

Go run your own site, and you can do what the hell you like. No one reported the post, and three people liked it. Move with the times, daddio.

Go run your own site, and you can do what the hell you like. No one reported the post, and three people liked it. Move with the times, daddio.

Just thought ToS were for everyone.ooh 3 people!Aren't you popular?
Forgetting all the posts of yours that are marked troll ?

Yeah, whatever, if looking at some numbers on a screen helps you get through the day, knock yourself out.

But once again.You never answer. It does appear you have broken the ToS many times with your abusive language.Or are you immune from them?

But once again.You never answer. It does appear you have broken the ToS many times with your abusive language.Or are you immune from them?

Report or complain through the channels then. You can have the last word on this, it will make you happy.

Given Morrissey's comments about how 14 year old boys are asking for it when they are alone with an adult male I think someone at the Salford Lad's Club ought to make a statement about Morrissey's comments.
And leave Mike Joyce alone. He is trying to do some good. Does anyone really think he does this for the money or the fame? If he wanted to be more famous he could make some stupid statement to the press every time a child is murdered in a massacre or falls victim to a rapist. If he wanted more money I'm pretty sure there are more lucrative ways to get it than pushing t-shirts for a worthy charity.

Mike's doing fine as a DJ and radio presenter, he is well known and well liked around Manchester, shows how out of touch some of the one eyed pricks on this site are.

Terms of Service

Uncleskinnys foul language is not even the most offensive thing. Be happy he doesn't sing one of his songs.

Apparently Uncleskinny likes to use abusive language when donating to charity also. Can't make this stuff up.

Apparently Uncleskinny likes to use abusive language when donating to charity also. Can't make this stuff up.

Nah. Keep trying. It was local music venues/collectives I donated to. And they LOOOOOOVVVE naughty words.

Also, nice you keep me in mind.

Well done the Lads Club who went over their target and will now have it doubled by Comic Relief.
They have extended their crowd funding goal to allow for more activities, but are guaranteed 16k which is pretty substantial for a small charity.
Salford isn't as dismal as Morrissey would have described it in the 80's, but the poverty level hasn't improved much and anything that gives kids opportunities is worth supporting.
Regards,
FWD.

Nah. Keep trying. It was local music venues/collectives I donated to. And they LOOOOOOVVVE naughty words.

All power corrupts in the end.
You know,the way guys tend to outstay their welcome?

I'm sure that was meant to mean something when you typed it.

Loving all this. Seem to have a gang of you now, all paying me attention.

LOL must be a terrible hardship, given that you are a shy wallflower.:guitar::guitar:

So you do donate to the music program that teaches kids how to sing properly and drum on beat. Great cause. Now maybe it's time you enrolled in the program.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom