Mike Joyce talks about Morrissey at Horse & Jockey - Chips of Chorlton podcast

https://audioboom.com/channels/4957234

Additional information posted by Zoinks in the comments:

Thanks for posting! Most of the interesting stuff comes at the end of part 2. But Mike speaks warmly of the other Smiths throughout.

Some revealing comments about Morrissey. Mike says he still loves Morrissey. He said he was part of the protective ring around him as were the other members of the band, because he seemed so vulnerable - he said his family protects him now.

Mike saw him in a computer shop 2 - 3 years ago, Moz was at the counter with his mother's computer and Mike was behind him, but was pulled away before Moz saw him.

He hopes Morrissey doesn't mean to be racist, that he is being misunderstood. Although I don't know how he thinks endorsing a far right political party could be misunderstood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike Joyce's awful, offbeat drumming makes people trip and fall down, because when people hear Mike Joyce's awful offbeat drumming they lose their coordination.

This is true, has a very poor beat, like a Lawnmower.:lbf:

Nobody wants him in his band when hes been in a band its been a disaster:swear
with nobody figuring out what kind of beat he is playing. He was even let
go by Bongo.:bow:

I haven’t got time nor inclination to read this but something tells me he is actually more genuine than Marrrr. Sure being a thicko he let lawyers use him, like so many. Oh well, I know people who would hang themselves for a detached :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Mike Joyce was one of the nicer members of The Smiths. The fact that he still likes Morrissey speaks to that.

"Nice" people don't sue their former band members - the ones with the talent that really made all the money in the first place!

i don't know enough about mike joyce to have a problem with him, but his confrontational attitude in his story about the computer shop kind of turned me off. like, Morrissey doesn't have to acknowledge your existance if he doesn't want to. what exactly did he think would come of it?

Joyce seems to be one of those typical serial liars who think they are very smart because they asume people believe the lies they tell them. Well, no. People are not being sympathetic with lies, they just smile thinking how far some people go just to produce a lie, and they laugh because laughs are the expected conduct in front of a clown.

Last edited:
I'm confused - how do you get the interview to play? I click on the link and nothing happens.

i don't know enough about mike joyce to have a problem with him, but his confrontational attitude in his story about the computer shop kind of turned me off. like, Morrissey doesn't have to acknowledge your existance if he doesn't want to. what exactly did he think would come of it?
I know what you mean, but I took it as he was just a little carried away with the storytelling of it, in front of a bunch of blokes, and wanted to ramp up the drama a bit.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom