Mike Joyce talks about Morrissey at Horse & Jockey - Chips of Chorlton podcast

https://audioboom.com/channels/4957234

Additional information posted by Zoinks in the comments:

Thanks for posting! Most of the interesting stuff comes at the end of part 2. But Mike speaks warmly of the other Smiths throughout.

Some revealing comments about Morrissey. Mike says he still loves Morrissey. He said he was part of the protective ring around him as were the other members of the band, because he seemed so vulnerable - he said his family protects him now.

Mike saw him in a computer shop 2 - 3 years ago, Moz was at the counter with his mother's computer and Mike was behind him, but was pulled away before Moz saw him.

He hopes Morrissey doesn't mean to be racist, that he is being misunderstood. Although I don't know how he thinks endorsing a far right political party could be misunderstood.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for posting! Most of the interesting stuff comes at the end of part 2. But Mike speaks warmly of the other Smiths throughout.

Some revealing comments about Morrissey. Mike says he still loves Morrissey. He said he was part of the protective ring around him as were the other members of the band, because he seemed so vulnerable - he said his family protects him now.

Mike saw him in a computer shop 2 - 3 years ago, Moz was at the counter with his mother's computer and Mike was behind him, but was pulled away before Moz saw him.

He hopes Morrissey doesn't mean to be racist, that he is being misunderstood. Although I don't know how he thinks endorsing a far right political party could be misunderstood.

The computer story (35:35) is great. Somehow the idea of Morrissey doing something as boring as standing at the counter discussing printer cartridges is slightly hilarious. The explanation of the Sam Delaney TV appearance is enlightening (40:45) and more than answers the question: what was he doing there in the first place (answer: they lied to him about why they wanted him on the show).

Very interesting, thanks to mcrickson and FWD for posting.

Last edited:
Mike still loves Morrissey? Perhaps the Morrissey/Joyce bust-up theory isn't so far-fetched after all?

Billy Ox mate inn n n n n n n nn it! Reckon what a load of rugbish! I hate this piece of shit. Computer store? Where? Steve's mom's computer? Uncle Steve should sue this methed out prick again for defamation about making up a story about his mom. There is no way in hell Mike could even afford the airfare to Moz Angeles and if Air Steve needed a computer fixed he would send Senior PA Damon to the computer store or call over Dave Evans from down the street. He's good with computers. What a load of shit. I hate the Smiths.

I have this image of the shop assistant explaining to Morrissey the cost difference per sheet to print using ink cartridges. Joyce probably fled in embarrassment.

I don't hate Mike Joyce. I just don't like Mike Joyce's awful, offbeat drumming. Mike Joyce's awful, offbeat drumming makes me feel bad.

I know, it cracked me up. 'Oh, I'm sure I can get it mended'.

Very interesting interview by LWM Mike about how busy he is doing more of nothing.:eek: This lawnmower thinks being a librarian is slave work :lbf:

Mike Joyce's awful, offbeat drumming makes people trip and fall down, because when people hear Mike Joyce's awful offbeat drumming they lose their coordination.

I know, it cracked me up. 'Oh, I'm sure I can get it mended'.
I have it from a higher authority that there are four unreleased Smiths albums on that computer, hence Moz had to personally see that it was mended by the magician/IT guy. Now my higher authority is telling me to buy a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range, but I think it's a voice from the future.

Or maybe his Mum gets all the old broken stuff out the cupboards when he stays in the hope Moz will buy new things to replace it (sits on a chair it collapses or lifts up a mug and the handle falls off) . So maybe he's cottoned on to the scam and just gets it fixed now.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom