Mike Joyce (via Facebook): 'Mozzer' shirts make £10,000 so far for Lad's Club

Good news for SLC.
Regards,
FWD.

Mike Joyce / Facebook
:

I was at The Lad's Club a couple of weeks ago and I was informed that the proceeds for the sale of the 'Mozzer' t shirt had hit the £10,000 mark...and counting! I just want to thank all of you good folk that bought the T shirt and those involved at the club for raising such a staggering amount of money for such a great cause. Mike x

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair dos. Some might slag him out of loyalty to Moz but to do it for this is crass.

Does Morrissey receive 10%? 25%? Of proceed for the use of his image? It isn't Joyce's face on there. At least it's for charity, although the Moz mporium Pop-up shop was cool.

well done to all involved,will keep the lights on for a while.

Good news for a change. Nice one Mike. I love that the t-shirts are already yellow as it future proofs them from the manky tide of time. I look at my 1995 Morrissey/Bowie tour tshirt and whats left of it is yellow and full of rat holes. It only lasted me 20 years of wearing everyday. Last time I'll ever buy a £5 knock off rag from an unlicensed vendor.

Does Morrissey receive 10%? 25%? Of proceed for the use of his image? It isn't Joyce's face on there.

He shouldn't do. As far as I am aware Mike Joyce took this photo, which means he owns the copyright, so it's his to do what he wants with it. Good on him for earning some money for a good cause.

if Slatan Ibrahimovic would've posed with the shirt, we would've have the Smiths /Joyce tale going on, sadly the Man United player has never spoken about liking the Smiths.

Nice T shirt, and thanks Mike Joyce

I love that the t-shirts are already yellow as it future proofs them from the manky tide of time.

I notice that 'the kids' are already buying brand new faux vintage shirts, which look like someone has been scrubbing at the design with a cheese grater until it's half obliterated. What we really need now are ones that come with dirty great armpit stains ready supplied. It's bloody knackering adding your own.

I see. Do you recall when Moz donated £20k to the SLC? What a bastard, eh?

No don't recall that. The point is to let the SLC announce it and not put it on personal Facebook post. How was the Moz donation presented?

No don't recall that. The point is to let the SLC announce it and not put it on personal Facebook post. How was the Moz donation presented?
Acquaint yourself with facts before making a fool of yourself. Both the SLC (first) and Moz announced the donation as is my recollection. I'm happy to be corrected on that.

Acquaint yourself with facts before making a fool of yourself. Both the SLC (first) and Moz announced the donation as is my recollection. I'm happy to be corrected on that.

Moz didn't want to be known as the donater but got talked into it by the SLC because they wanted the publicity, and Moz didn't sell anything with the mug of Mike Joyce on it.

I saw it via MEN:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/morrissey-gives-lads-20k-1015415
I believe it was an altruistic act as a reaction to the news of the theft of lead - whilst in the middle of them already being busy with roof repair fundraising.
Regards,
FWD.
From the Guardian at the time:
"Morrissey's manager Merck Mercuriadis had stated that the singer wished to keep the donation secret, but agreed to go public because it was hoped a high-profile donation such as his would help campaigners reach the £1m mark."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom