Mike Park (Asian Man Records fame) and Jesse Michaels (Operation Ivy fame) tour UK!!

Elvez

Non-Member
¡Hola Amigos!

I'm just a fan (or an admirer as Moz would say) of Mike Park and Jesse Michaels. Mike Park is, dare I say, the Asian Billy Bragg and founder of Asian Man Records. Jesse Michaels is from the ace Operation Ivy:guitar:! I got a newsletter a few days ago and wanted to pass the info along. Part of it said:
I am going on tour with Classics of Love(jesse michaels new band) This band is really friggin good. I'm really excited for the world to see them play. Anyways, like always we rely completely on word of mouth promotion, so if you can help out and let friends, family, etc.. know about the shows, it would be much appreciated.

In the newsletter it also said this:
Unfortunately we make so little money, we can't afford hotels and are at the mercy of kind people who let us stay at their home. There are 5 of us traveling together and we're all very nice and respectful towards people's homes. If you think you can let us stay with you, please please get in touch (mikeasianman[at]aol[dot]com). I am listing the cities that we need help with and the venue we are playing. We are traveling by train in the UK, so we'd need to be able to either walk to your house from the venue or get a ride via the bus or something easy like that. FUN FUN
MAY
2nd:UK - London @ Underworld
4th: UK - Kingston @ Fighting Cocks
6th: UK - Southampton @ Talking Heads
7th: UK - Exeter @ The Hub
8th: UK - Plymouth @ White Rabbit
10th: UK - Bristol @ Croft
11th: UK - Derby @ Victoria Inn
13th: Scotland - Glasgow @ Note
14th: UK - Nottingham @ Seven
16th: UK - Harrogate @ The Little Wonder

If you get worn out from seeing Moz and/or on the Moz off days, go see Mike Park and Jesse Michaels! The full dates are:

l_76a9fe958fa34be6b93ca594c7e786b0.jpg

Re: Mike Park (Asian Man Records fame) and Jesse Michaels (Operation Ivy fame) tour U

Ha! This is great! I remember when Mike was in Skankin' pickle!!! And Jesse...nuff said!
Might go to the Underworld gig!

Re: Mike Park (Asian Man Records fame) and Jesse Michaels (Operation Ivy fame) tour U

Might go to the Underworld gig!

Did you end up going?!

Last week, apparently Jesse had his guitar stolen in Southhampton:tears:

Only 3 more UK dates left...since Moz is still ill:squiffy:, now there's time to go out:D
14th: UK - Nottingham @ Seven
15th: UK - Newcastle @ Newcastle Performance Academy
16th: UK - Harrogate @ The Little Wonder

Sadly their tour is over but you can listen to 3 songs from Jesse Michaels new band, Classics of Love, on 'radio 1's punk show with mike davies'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/mikedavies/

Any kind soul care to rip the 3 songs and share? :o I would but it won't let me access it.:(

If I'd actually been in Exeter at the time and if it hadn't been so close to my deadlines, I'd have probably gone to the Cavern gig.

Mike Park = criminally underrated.

Tags
england jesse michaels mike park operation ivy tour
Back
Top Bottom