Montreal, QC - MTELUS (Apr. 29, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Is It Really So Strange? / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girl Afraid / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Morning Starship / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / Life Is A Pigsty / Jack The Ripper / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist provided by FDR

• Photo from @bythewayimmav / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead.

full

Last edited:
Where do his intentions lay

Good show - “Girl Afraid” was definitely unexpected. And sounded really good. I’ll never understand why he insists on playing stuff like “If you don’t like me....” and “Munich air disaster...” and “world peace...” right smack in the middle of the show (or at all, really). It kills the energy in the room for all but 15% of the crowd. And it’s not as though these are special new tour rarites.... he’s been dolling out these songs for 2-5 years.

Yeah yeah...... I know, it’s his show and he can sing what he wants. But just saying these sort of songs don’t really go over very well. Surely there are other songs that would fit his current mood?

Overall, a B.

Totally agree! And just from the songs played in the 3 shows on this tour so far, you could eliminate that mid-set flab and end up with something like this:

Is It Really So Strange? / First Of The Gang To Die / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / Girl Afraid / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / That Joke Isn’t Funny Any More / Trouble Loves Me / Hold On To Your Friends / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Jack The Ripper / Break Up The Family / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Dial-a-Cliché / What She Said / Speedway // Suedehead

Totally agree! And just from the songs played in the 3 shows on this tour so far, you could eliminate that mid-set flab and end up with something like this:

Is It Really So Strange? / First Of The Gang To Die / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / Girl Afraid / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / That Joke Isn’t Funny Any More / Trouble Loves Me / Hold On To Your Friends / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Jack The Ripper / Break Up The Family / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Dial-a-Cliché / What She Said / Speedway // Suedehead

To be fair though, as fine as that set list would be, if he only played 3 original songs from the past 22 years then plenty would probably complain that it was a complete nostalgia fest. And it's understandable that Morrissey wants to play songs from each of his recent albums.

As he is also playing songs from The Smiths and many of the early solo albums, the balance seems about right at the moment.

To be fair though, as fine as that set list would be, if he only played 3 original songs from the past 22 years then plenty would probably complain that it was a complete nostalgia fest. And it's understandable that Morrissey wants to play songs from each of his recent albums.

As he is also playing songs from The Smiths and many of the early solo albums, the balance seems about right at the moment.

Fair point, I hadn't noticed that balance! (Maybe ditch Jack the Ripper and Break Up the Family for Spent the Day in Bed and I Thought You Were Dead.)

Because he's a Nazi arsehole.
Having taken the time to look at the channel of Styxy babes I haven't found anything overly 'Nazi' in it. A bit creepy but not much else.

This setlist is right up there for mine.

Having taken the time to look at the channel of Styxy babes I haven't found anything overly 'Nazi' in it. A bit creepy but not much else.

Yep, he's kind of a classic Libertarian. A bit paranoid, obviously, and pro-gun. I just don't really like his hair.

Yep, he's kind of a classic Libertarian. A bit paranoid, obviously, and pro-gun. I just don't really like his hair.

The hair/combo aint really working, LOL.

(I'm really only replying so that f***en immature c*** Rifke can make me down as 'troll' and feel good about her debt-ridden life. At least the 'troll' button is the one thing in life she can control.)

My daughter and wife are at the New York show on the 7th, my daughter will be thrilled if they play something similar to that set list. Be interesting to see what my wife thinks as she has not seen him since Blackpool Empress Ballroom on the quarry tour. Now need to stick all the newer stuff on their iPhones, you tube to mp3 converter is a god send at times like this!!

Last edited:

He’s a self proclaimed Holocaust revisionist! Is there anything else that you need to know? And Morrissey is obsessed with him. f*** that guy, and f*** Morrissey for turning into some kind of Alex Jones bot.

He’s a self proclaimed Holocaust revisionist! Is there anything else that you need to know? And Morrissey is obsessed with him. f*** that guy, and f*** Morrissey for turning into some kind of Alex Jones bot.
When you say 'revisionist' how much so? More details please (seriously interested.)

Girl Afraid is just the start of it. Expectations include Barbarism etc etc

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Is It Really So Strange? / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girl Afraid / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Morning Starship / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / Life Is A Pigsty / Jack The Ripper / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist provided by FDR

Amazing concert !!!

I’m looking for the french speak at the begining

Someone?

Good show - “Girl Afraid” was definitely unexpected. And sounded really good. I’ll never understand why he insists on playing stuff like “If you don’t like me....” and “Munich air disaster...” and “world peace...” right smack in the middle of the show (or at all, really). It kills the energy in the room for all but 15% of the crowd. And it’s not as though these are special new tour rarites.... he’s been dolling out these songs for 2-5 years.

Yeah yeah...... I know, it’s his show and he can sing what he wants. But just saying these sort of songs don’t really go over very well. Surely there are other songs that would fit his current mood?

Overall, a B.
Yeah, you would think so, so many songs getting overlooked I could name them but it would take forever ....get off the stage,girlfriend drowning,arthounds,blue dreamers eyes, over,lover to be,boy racer, and everyone could go on and on and on, but apparently these songs are located on the island of misfit songs

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom