Montreal, QC - MTELUS (Apr. 29, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Is It Really So Strange? / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girl Afraid / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Morning Starship / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / Life Is A Pigsty / Jack The Ripper / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist provided by FDR

• Photo from @bythewayimmav / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead.

full

Last edited:
Yeah, you would think so, so many songs getting overlooked I could name them but it would take forever ....get off the stage,girlfriend drowning,arthounds,blue dreamers eyes, over,lover to be,boy racer, and everyone could go on and on and on, but apparently these songs are located on the island of misfit songs

Along with the entire Kill Uncle album.

Why oh why does he have to ruin what could be fantastic moments in his live career by bringing up these shitty people, who hold very vile views, when he could just keep his mouth shut? We saw this several years ago with Anne Marie Waters and co., and it turned out that he fully supports her, so one can only assume he feels that same about someone like Goldy? It’s such a bummer.

In only know that an innocent person related to me died in a concentration camp. That's all the number I need.
Up to 75 million people died in the Second World War - all viciously and brutally. Virtually everyone in Europe has relatives that were murdered.

There's nothing wrong with asking questions about any aspect of the war, as the hysterical propaganda that is issued by the victors to demonize the enemy after all wars rarely has any basis in reality, and is usually done to absolve the victors of their own mass war crimes i.e the British mass firebombing of civilians: 100,000 German men, women and children burnt to death in their beds in only a few nights.

The truth is that all the leaders in the war were as 'evil' as each other, because the very enacting of war is evil. Look at Iraq. Saddam might have a gassed a few thousand Kurds but America and Britain went in there and murdered half a million Iraqis, the vast majority of whom were innocent civilians - yet Saddam is still the evil enemy and Blair and the American presidents involved are still walking free and in some quarters, lauded.

Osama also bombed seven countries for purely monetary reasons to please the neo-cons that held him like a puppet - why does nobody call him Adolf?

As for the Holocaust, never has a war tragedy been so politically and economically exploited. It's like both a gigantic money tree and a hammer to slam dissenters over the head with.

Last edited:
20190430_190116.jpg
20190430_190133.jpg

f7f18040a2cd706e964aacc107d75c63.jpg

20190430_190705.jpg
20190430_190909.jpg
mwbattery~1556640007~2033562690135641835_273736212.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Up to 75 million people died in the Second World War - all viciously and brutally. Virtually everyone in Europe has relatives that were murdered.

There's nothing wrong with asking questions about any aspect of the war, as the hysterical propaganda that is issued by the victors to demonize the enemy after all wars rarely has any basis in reality, and is usually done to absolve the victors of their own mass war crimes i.e the British mass firebombing of civilians: 100,000 German men, women and children burnt to death in their beds in only a few nights.

The truth is that all the leaders in the war were as 'evil' as each other, because the very enacting of war is evil. Look at Iraq. Saddam might have a gassed a few thousand Kurds but America and Britain went in there and murdered half a million Iraqis, the vast majority of whom were innocent civilians - yet Saddam is still the evil enemy and Blair and the American presidents involved are still walking free and in some quarters, lauded.

Osama also bombed seven countries for purely monetary reasons to please the neo-cons that held him like a puppet - why does nobody call him Adolf?

As for the Holocaust, never has a war tragedy been so politically and economically exploited. It's like a gigantic money tree.

Shut the f*** up! Everyone here knows that you're the resident racist, so your attempt to educate means f*** all really.

I said the other day that Moz would keep dropping controversial names at these concerts. This is his way of sending up his attributed so-called far right status, and it tickles him. I understand his humour - think Johnny Rotten, the British Music Hall tradition etc - but sadly a lot of people don't.

The only thing you need to know is that this guy is a f***ing Nazi and Morrissey wants you to know he likes him.

No,I need a LOT more than your one take on any matter.

Sounds a bit dictatorial.

Skinny,thought you had anonymous posters on ignore?
You do carp on about it a lot.
But,here you are quoting an anonymous post.
Mistakes and lies,nice to see your human after all.

What's a sensitive Smiths fan to do? Must we tolerate this BS like he's an 'eccentric uncle' character who can get away with this bollocks? NO. Must we stop listening to his excellent music forever because of his relentless 'flirting' with the far right? ERM...

If his entourage of yes men could gently advise him to stop being a c***, THAT'D BE GREAT

In only know that an innocent person related to me died in a concentration camp. That's all the number I need.
Well yes I get that but from a historical perspective it would be good to know the proper numbers. This is what frustrates me most about history, is the inaccuracy of a lot of it.

I have read that Wiki page and pretty much everything on there can be verified through his own YouTube videos, so it’s regardless of the citations (or lack of), it’s all three online. You Say that you are “not particularly a Styxhex fan,” so are you just kinda a fan then?
Then simply link to the videos in question so we can all watch. The onus is on the people making the claim to provide the evidence.

I said the other day that Moz would keep dropping controversial names at these concerts. This is his way of sending up his attributed so-called far right status, and it tickles him. I understand his humour - think Johnny Rotten, the British Music Hall tradition etc - but sadly a lot of people don't.
totally agree,hes the puppetmaster and the media fall for it everytime.ps watching antman and the was wasp,antmans phone has just went and his ringtone is everyday is like sunday,popular as ever.

Well yes I get that but from a historical perspective it would be good to know the proper numbers. This is what frustrates me most about history, is the inaccuracy of a lot of it.

Why do you feel the need to be so pedantic? Does it really, really matter? Millions of people died in the Holocaust. Whether it was 1 million or 30 million, it is still one of the most disgusting crimes against humanity. I understand what you are saying re: historical inaccuracy, but who cares? The Nazi regime murdered many, many people, and even if it was only a few thousand people, it would still be too many. These twats like Styx-whatever only spit on these people’s memories with their bullshit rhetoric and conspiracy-theory masturbation, and it’s toxic. The fact Morrissey even mutters his name, let alone shares his videos on his website makes me sick.

I have read that Wiki page and pretty much everything on there can be verified through his own YouTube videos, so it’s regardless of the citations (or lack of), it’s all three online. You Say that you are “not particularly a Styxhex fan,” so are you just kinda a fan then?
My point is that the site could say: "this man made this comment" without adding "haha! He's so dumb!" Or "I think he's wrong because...".
I'd like to come to these conclusions myself. You can tell how the author feels about Styx very easily. A Styx fan would've written it differently. That's my qualm which, now that I think about it, is unimportant.
I say I'm not "particularly" a fan because I haven't quite managed to get through a video, even when moz recommended it. I can't say that I hate him, but I can't say that I love him. I'm very unfamiliar.

Also, Skinny, I'm not going to believe he's a Nazi just because you say so. You may know something I don't, but false as they may be, his views don't seem particularly fascistic. Happy to be proven wrong. My great grandmother was a survivor. Also, delighted you can see Anon posts. Surface has been running around preaching that you blocked them.

Truly the behavior of someone who “exudes positivity, kindness and gentleness,” as you say.

Morrissey isn’t playfully alluding to his reputation as a right-wing provocateur (and that’s the nice way of putting it), he’s sending out awkward dogwhistles to audiences that, for the most part, find them off-putting.

Why do you feel the need to be so pedantic? Does it really, really matter? Millions of people died in the Holocaust. Whether it was 1 million or 30 million, it is still one of the most disgusting crimes against humanity. I understand what you are saying re: historical inaccuracy, but who cares? The Nazi regime murdered many, many people, and even if it was only a few thousand people, it would still be too many. These twats like Styx-whatever only spit on these people’s memories with their bullshit rhetoric and conspiracy-theory masturbation, and it’s toxic. The fact Morrissey even mutters his name, let alone shares his videos on his website makes me sick.
Well that's where we differ, I feel as though it is VERY important to be as accurate as possible with history and I think much of history is open to debate and rigorous examination. We should be able to have these conversations without automatically being labelled a 'conspiracy theorist.' Again I'm happy to watch the specific videos of this guy if you can link me to them I'll deffo take a watch and get back to you.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom