Montreal, QC - MTELUS (Apr. 29, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Is It Really So Strange? / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girl Afraid / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Morning Starship / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / Life Is A Pigsty / Jack The Ripper / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist provided by FDR

• Photo from @bythewayimmav / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead.

full

Last edited:
What's a sensitive Smiths fan to do? Must we tolerate this BS like he's an 'eccentric uncle' character who can get away with this bollocks? NO. Must we stop listening to his excellent music forever because of his relentless 'flirting' with the far right? ERM...

If his entourage of yes men could gently advise him to stop being a c***, THAT'D BE GREAT
if he stopped being a cnut then he wouldn't be the same Morrissey we grew up loving,he has always said controversial things,only difference is we live in a time where you cant say anything without it being rammed down your throat.

truly truly wish moz would sing something from southpaw grammar, maybe the teachers are afraid? it’s certainly long but think of the atmosphere !

Last edited:
"What's a sensitive Smiths fan to do? Must we tolerate this BS like he's an 'eccentric uncle' character who can get away with this bollocks? NO. Must we stop listening to his excellent music forever because of his relentless 'flirting' with the far right? ERM...

If his entourage of yes men could gently advise him to stop being a c***, THAT'D BE GREAT"

"has the world changed or have I changed"

Wow, I was joking when I said that somebody would complain about him not playing any Kill Uncle or Southpaw Grammar songs...but they really did! ;)

Obviously we can all have our favourite songs that we wish he would sing, but the sets have been about as balanced and career representative as we could realistically expect. If my maths is correct the breakdown of the 31 songs played at the 3 shows is as follows:

The Smiths era - 5 songs
Viva Hate era - 5
Kill Uncle era - 0
Your Arsenal era - 2
Vauxhall and I era - 2
Southpaw Grammar era - 0
Maladjusted era - 2
You are the Quarry era - 2
Ringleader era - 3
Years of Refusal era - 2
World Peace is None of Your Business era - 3
Low in High School era - 2 (plus Back on the Chain Gang)
California Son era - 2

Well yes I get that but from a historical perspective it would be good to know the proper numbers. This is what frustrates me most about history, is the inaccuracy of a lot of it.

Not only history is inaccurate. We have no idea of what is actually happening in the world right now. Even more, we'll never know.
Our reality is a huge web of lies, manipulations and façades. Trust no one.

Up to 75 million people died in the Second World War - all viciously and brutally. Virtually everyone in Europe has relatives that were murdered.

There's nothing wrong with asking questions about any aspect of the war, as the hysterical propaganda that is issued by the victors to demonize the enemy after all wars rarely has any basis in reality, and is usually done to absolve the victors of their own mass war crimes i.e the British mass firebombing of civilians: 100,000 German men, women and children burnt to death in their beds in only a few nights.

The truth is that all the leaders in the war were as 'evil' as each other, because the very enacting of war is evil. Look at Iraq. Saddam might have a gassed a few thousand Kurds but America and Britain went in there and murdered half a million Iraqis, the vast majority of whom were innocent civilians - yet Saddam is still the evil enemy and Blair and the American presidents involved are still walking free and in some quarters, lauded.

Osama also bombed seven countries for purely monetary reasons to please the neo-cons that held him like a puppet - why does nobody call him Adolf?

As for the Holocaust, never has a war tragedy been so politically and economically exploited. It's like both a gigantic money tree and a hammer to slam dissenters over the head with.

Basically I agree. But we all know history is written by the winners.

Anyway, you can think what you desire about the particularities of Holocaust, but you can't deny that lots of innocent people were tortured and murdered in those concentration camps.

Of course there were many atrocities before and after those events, but you can't excuse or downplay the importance of an atrocity with another one. That was a genocide. Only God knows the true numbers.

Moz did indeed ask, about 4 times, if we knew who Styxhexenhammer666 was. I was in the 3rd row center, so I shouted "YOUTUBER", but that went unnoticed or unacknowledged.

Also, what's up with people in the front refusing to allow stage invasions? Is Moz sick of stage invasions, so he plants these people here or something? I asked a few of them if I could get by to try getting onstage, and I got a brusque, resolute "NO" each time. One lady said it was because "it was her spot", but really, you can't step aside for five seconds?
The second night in Toronto people at the front, including myself were assisting anyone and everyone who wanted to take a run at it. Some people just don’t believe in tradition.

There was a time when, not that long ago, that Moz wouldn't have paid any attention to the youtube bloke because of his hair cut alone.

What happened Moz? Is it not punishable by death anymore?

It should be.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom