Moors Murderer Ian Brady dies aged 79

News posted by an anonymous person (original post):

Moors Murderer Ian Brady dies aged 79 - The Telegraph
Ian Brady, one of Britain’s most notorious serial killers, has died aged 79.

Brady, who along with accomplice Myra Hindley, murdered five children in the 1960s, had been suffering from a lung and chest condition and died at the Ashworth High Security Hospital on Merseyside.

But even in death, Brady continued to cause anguish, taking the secret of where he had buried the last of his victims, Keith Bennett, to the grave with him.

Also:
Moors Murderer Ian Brady dies - BBC News
Moors Murderer Ian Brady, who killed five children with Myra Hindley, has died aged 79.

Not trying to throw up moral equivalence - just trying to suggest that if we represent Brady as the representative of 'absolute evil', as the English tabloids have done, hence 'English bogeyman', then we take the spotlight off ourselves. I do have to say I find your lack of compassion for dead Iraqis and Afghanis quite shocking - both wars funded by the taxpayers of Britain and America. Of course the moral equivalence is debatable - but that doesn't really matter if you're dead. There were so many dead by the way that the UN stopped counting. I don't really know why I'm bothering to tell you this, because as you are clearly not open to abstract thought, and it seems rather a pointless exercise, but I'm suggesting that governments and society can be psychopathic too - as represented by your callous disregard for dead foreigners - perhaps much more so than small-time psychopath Brady.
War is war and murder is murder, they have nothing in common at all. When you wet the bed at night you will cease to be a snowflake.

Well, I'm not one to believe in hellfire and eternal damnation but I'll happily make an exception in this case.

Apparently Brady largely faked his "hunger strike" and often had soup and toast.

It does make me think something is up at True To You if our Steven isn't making a comment on this.

War is war and murder is murder, they have nothing in common at all. When you wet the bed at night you will cease to be a snowflake.

Wow - let me just pause for a second and let my jaw go back to its normal position (not on the floor). War and murder 'have nothing in common at all'? Really? I mean, really? They both result in dead people for a start...

The death penalty debate is like any debate. Some are for it and those against it present statistics claiming it does not help. In the end it is about money and people go to work to fund someone being kept alive that did something you cannot defend.

Very tricky debate indeed. When Maggie died they celebrated in the streets so why not now?
I think the death penalty should be reserved for extreme cases like Brady and hindley, if the thought of the death penalty stops some sicko from murdering a child then it's well worth having

I think the death penalty should be reserved for extreme cases like Brady and hindley, if the thought of the death penalty stops some sicko from murdering a child then it's well worth having

Although I very much agree with your sentiment, the one reason I am opposed to it, until now, is the possibility someone innocent might be sentenced to death.
That has happened in the past, maybe there are not that many instances in the UK but there are in the US.

In any case they should never be free again. Ever.
I still can't understand people pleading for horrific criminals to have a right to be free again after doing some time and life sentence should be at least that what it is saying.

Or they should plea for removing that from the juridical system too.
The motives for doing that are not convincing me but they should be heard anyway.

What do you think about the death penalty for people who plant bombs in litter bins killing innocent children in Warrington shopping for Mother's Day cards ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Being imprisoned for life is probably a fate worse than death.

What do you think about the death penalty for people who plant bombs in litter bins killing innocent children in Warrington shopping for Mother's Day cards ?

I think it's a pity you weren't card shopping in Warrington that day, one less crackpot in this world can only be a good thing

Although I very much agree with your sentiment, the one reason I am opposed to it, until now, is the possibility someone innocent might be sentenced to death.
That has happened in the past, maybe there are not that many instances in the UK but there are in the US.

In any case they should never be free again. Ever.
I still can't understand people pleading for horrific criminals to have a right to be free again after doing some time and life sentence should be at least that what it is saying.

Or they should plea for removing that from the juridical system too.
The motives for doing that are not convincing me but they should be heard anyway.
Totally agree, the death penalty should only be an option when there is 100% proof of their guilt

Only for sane rational people, child murderers don't fall into that category

Johnathan Ball aged 3
Tim Parry aged 12

Two children murdered on the 26th of February 1993, Bridge Street, Warrington.
Two innocent children shopping for Mother's Day cards.

Just explain your flawed logic Angus and cut the crap.

And it also would of put the thing to bed years ago, saved the tax payer money, likes of Brady has loved his notorious name whilst incarcerated, they should have hung, the pair of em,

Johnathan Ball aged 3
Tim Parry aged 12

Two children murdered on the 26th of February 1993, Bridge Street, Warrington.
Two innocent children shopping for Mother's Day cards.

Just explain your flawed logic Angus and cut the crap.

If you don't know the difference between the premeditated murder of children and the tragic death of children caught up in armed conflict then it's not up to me to explain it to you, crackpot

They should have tortured the grave location from Brady and then strangled him slowly with barbed wire. Instead of giving him a deluxe jailcell where he could cook his own steak.

A brief summary from the man that had contact with Brady for many years.

"
I asked the question that continues to puzzle and appal us all, even now, more than half a century after his evil deeds, he is dead.

‘Why children?’ I demanded to know. He answered immediately, not batting an eyelid: ‘Existential exercises.’

Brady was an evil, sadistic psychopath who considered himself an existentialist, in that he believed it was entirely up to him as an individual to live in whatever manner he chose. He was also a nihilist who thought that life was meaningless, the universe had no purpose, and religion was a delusion."

The article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4512514/Ian-Brady-confessions-Myra-Hundley.html

"
I was to explore his reasons further as I got to know Brady in visits over the following years. I quickly realised that he was intellectually gifted and very widely read. He was clearly one of the most articulate of killers — and all the more fascinating and dreadful for it.

At Ashworth, he spent his daily life alone in his room, refusing to talk to staff or inmates, whom he considered beneath him.

When I came, he let fly, and I was blasted non-stop as he expounded his nihilistic view that this is a world without meaning or morality — a world in which men like him can do as they please."

"
‘The morons out there are the ones who are mad,’ he told me contemptuously. ‘People who live conventional, dull, boring lives.’

If there was a single word that summed him up, it would be contempt — ‘my contempt for everyone who breathed,’ as he once put it: contempt for religion, authority, respectability, convention. Contempt even for himself".

"When either of them saw a sexually attractive male or female, desirable to either or both of them given that they were bisexual, they said ‘DC’ — for ‘delicious creature’. This private language would later help them to prey on people as a couple".

Just read an article about him and Myra by the man that met him for years in prison and Brady and Myra were both bisexual and Brady cried over animals dying but loved to kill people.

They sound just like any of you Solo regulars.

"Another enduring story is that he and Hindley were inspired by Nazi ideology — that Brady was a Hitler fanatic who collected Third Reich memorabilia from childhood and whose terrible deeds were somehow the outcome of his obsession with the Fuhrer.

But this was not true, either. In fact, as he revealed to me, his political views were Left-wing rather than extreme Right.

The misinterpretation came about because at his trial much was made of his tapes and books on Nazi figures. ‘I also had tapes of Stalin and Churchill,’ he told me, ‘but these were of no interest to the prosecution.

‘My interest in the Third Reich was based on aesthetic, not political grounds. I admired the will, boldness and the courage with which Hitler put his beliefs into effect.’ But he did not identify with Hitler. ‘No one could. He was unique.’

Certainly Brady had books on Nazism. I know because I saw them. But they had been sent to him by people who had assumed he was fascinated by the subject. They went largely unread."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom