More Question About My Upcoming Moz Pilgrimage

Scarlet Ibis

The Chicken of D.C.
SO, I almost have it all planned out. Finding a decent hotel in Manchester (that I can afford) has proven to be the most difficult part. I found a remarkable discount on a stay at Media City Apartments by City Centre Chic at The Quays. Do any of you know anything about this place? It disturbs me that tripadvisor.com doesn't show any reviews for it. Strange.

Is it a nice area? Is it near Morrissey-ness? (I'm about to order Morrissey's Manchester so all of this will be revealed, but I need to know now.)

I don't even know what a Quay is. D:

Also, my husband and I tend to be night owls. Are there places to go in Manchester (and then London, then Bognor Regis as my trip moves forward) past dark? Past midnight?

How late do shops stay open in England (in general)?

Are there any all night malls or groceries?

Thank you in advance. I can't tell you how much you guys have helped me plan this trip. :)

Re: More Questions About My Upcoming Moz Pilgrimage

SO, I almost have it all planned out. Finding a decent hotel in Manchester (that I can afford) has proven to be the most difficult part. I found a remarkable discount on a stay at Media City Apartments by City Centre Chic at The Quays. Do any of you know anything about this place? It disturbs me that tripadvisor.com doesn't show any reviews for it. Strange.

Is it a nice area? Is it near Morrissey-ness? (I'm about to order Morrissey's Manchester so all of this will be revealed, but I need to know now.)

Also, my husband and I tend to be night owls. Are there places to go in Manchester (and then London, then Bognor Regis as my trip moves forward) past dark? Past midnight?

Thank you in advance. I can't tell you how much you guys have helped me plan this trip. :)

Hi.
The place you're staying looks very nice. It's a very central part of the city and has had lots of investment and new buildings in recent years. Nothing to worry about, it's a great place to stay in our fair city.

Quays just means there's a canal nearby.

Manchester has lots of late night shops and even a few 24hour supermarkets where you can get groceries.

Night life in the city is as good as anywhere in the world... probably.

Don't know about that London or Bognor Regis, I did hear that someone stayed up til 11.30 in Bognor once, but it was only a rumour.

Enjoy your stay.

Hi.
The place you're staying looks very nice. It's a very central part of the city and has had lots of investment and new buildings in recent years. Nothing to worry about, it's a great place to stay in our fair city.

Quays just means there's a canal nearby.

Manchester has lots of late night shops and even a few 24hour supermarkets where you can get groceries.

Night life in the city is as good as anywhere in the world... probably.

Don't know about that London or Bognor Regis, I did hear that someone stayed up til 11.30 in Bognor once, but it was only a rumour.

Enjoy your stay.

The rumor is true! It was Robert Smith. XD I have confirmation on that.

Thank you for the info. I really appreciate it. I'm excited about the hotel. I found a site that's offering the most incredible rates! I hope it's not too good to be true. Scams are everywhere. *shifty eyes*

Usually in London you easily find some corner shops stay open late on main bus routes.

I'm afraid I haven't heard of Bognor Regis.

On the high streets as well.

one of the main supermarkets Tescos stays open late, the larger one 24 hrs. But on a sunday they will close about 5 and not open until the next morning.

then i feel, that is another nail in your moderating coffin:p

Scarlet, the UK has 24 hr drinking now. So in the a big city there will be plenty of bars/pubs/resturants open very late or all night.

Once you hit the city, try and get a copy of 'time out' magazine, which will really help you.

The last tube trains are about midnight, but most bus routes have night buses.

Even born and bred British Helen Bach doesn't know about Bognor Regis.

Scarlet is either paroanoid or lazy that I've already suggested to check my London directory thread which has many useful links including Time Out and Visit London, she posted another thread. :p

Scarlet is either paroanoid or lazy that I've already suggested to check my London directory thread which has many useful links including Time Out and Visit London, she posted another thread. :p

Kewpie, Kewpie, Kewpie... Oh, Kewpie.

Ohhhh, Kewpie.

*cocks head to the side*

I guess you got me. Once again, you have caught another person littering solo with WORDS. So many words. And they just keep coming.

Re: viva scarlet

No my dear, Helen Bach didn't know about Bognor Regis and if it has 24 hr shops etc. I guess she has heard of this coastal town. She even joked about someone staying up late there.

Scarlet isn't remotely 'paranoid' or 'lazy', stop being silly. Where is the problem with her making another thread....does it cost you anything?

Well... let's not be hasty. I am a tiny bit of each, actually. ;D

Of course, neither of those adjectives is the reason I started this thread. I just wanted more input. Kewpie's advice isn't the only advice.

You will be staying in Salford not really Manchester but it's only a spit away or a few minutes on the tram.

Morrissey-ness facts, well he played the Lowry centre which must be on your doorstep as that's on the Quays as well. You might be able to see the Strangeways prison tower if you look hard enough & if you do locate it then, if you whizz round 180 degrees you will be (sort of) facing the Salford Lads club (as the crow flies) not that you'll be able to see it but at least you'll have an idea which way to head, should you (& you'd better) wish to visit the iconic landmark! Though you must get the book 'Panic On The Streets' (if you aint already) cos that will definately give you the best guide to getting around both Manchester & London (sorry not Bognor though), well unless you can hire the author out, for your Manchester tour, I do believe the bright lights of London have not lured him away (just yet anyhoo).

love

Grim
P.s. a quay is what ships sail in to, cos it's on the Manchester Ship Canal, not that the bit you will be in is the working part of the port, so you won't be surrounded by dockers & ne-erdowells!

Back
Top Bottom