"Morning Starship" single (Jobriath cover) - Messages from Morrissey ~ available 20th March 2019

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/morning-starship

Morning Starship.

March 20, 2019

Morrissey's single Morning Starship is available tomorrow - Wednesday 20 March, on iTunes and Spotify. It is a cover version of the song written and released by Jobriath in 1974. It is also the first track on Morrissey's California Son album, released on 24 May.

46763_Untitled_3_saoc49.png

Link posted by joe frady:

Last edited by a moderator:
so much bullplop on here,the above think they are music journalists,musical framework,geez peace.

He'll have an album of his originals out soon. Have patience! I'll be honest, I'd prefer an album of originals over covers any day of the week, but it's kind of cool hearing him cover tracks that he likes.

Also, the music/musicians on World Peace and LIHS is/are f***ing great!

Lovely to hear from you again Jesse.

That >
He'll have an album of his originals out soon. Have patience! I'll be honest, I'd prefer an album of originals over covers any day of the week, but it's kind of cool hearing him cover tracks that he likes.

Also, the music/musicians on World Peace and LIHS is/are f***ing great!

wasn't Jesse. It was me! 001

Here's that message again, for those who like to stick their fingers in their ears and listen to racists

Two things here:

1) It's not good, is it? It's a teddy-bear with the stuffing pulled out forced to try and auto-tune.

2) If you think it's good, are you disregarding all his right-wing bollocks? Or maybe that's why you like it, if you're the kind of unquestioning drone that he likes.

Oi! Skinnybob! What did I tell you yesterday? You're going to make yourself nuts, if you haven't already that is. It may be too late for you, but you never know. So, here's a tip designed to help your brain! :)

Quit posting on a Morrissey/The Smiths fansite. You're not a fan anymore! You've thrown your records out because you believe everything that you read. What did Beck tell us in the '90s? "Don't believe everything that you read/You get a parking violation and a maggot on your sleeve" (Loser).

Oi! Skinnybob! What did I tell you yesterday? You're going to make yourself nuts, if you haven't already that is. It may be too late for you, but you never know. So, here's a tip designed to help your brain! :)

Quit posting on a Morrissey/The Smiths fansite. You're not a fan anymore! You've thrown your records out because you believe everything that you read. What did Beck tell us in the '90s? "Don't believe everything that you read/You get a parking violation and a maggot on your sleeve" (Loser).

It's not a Morrissey fan site, it's a Morrissey discussion site, which Morrissey actually hates.

It's not a Morrissey fan site, it's a Morrissey discussion site, which Morrissey actually hates.

"Morrissey-solo is an open forum for fans of Morrissey and The Smiths to share and discuss related information."
https://www.morrissey-solo.com/about/

I mean, if someone isn't a Morrissey fan, such as Skinnybob, then why bother posting on here? In fact, Skinnybob should be banned, as he isn't a fan! And this site, as stated above, is for fans of Morrissey.

"Morrissey-solo is an open forum for fans of Morrissey and The Smiths to share and discuss related information."

I mean, if someone isn't a Morrissey fan, such as Skinnybob, then why bother posting on here? In fact, Skinnybob should be banned, as he isn't a fan! And this site, as stated above, is for fans of Morrissey.

Never seen that before, wonder if Davids view is the same nowadays seeing as Morrissey has banned him from attending gigs. Also interesting that hard core fans frequent a site that Morrissey detests?

Never seen that before, wonder if Davids view is the same nowadays seeing as Morrissey has banned him from attending gigs. Also interesting that hard core fans frequent a site that Morrissey detests?

Well, David has been updating the About page (Resources > About), so his view must be the same. But then again, he does allow Skinnybob and others to post absolute bollocks, so maybe his view has changed a tad.

David is still a fan regardless of his relationship with Morrissey.

I come here for the information, and
to set things straight, for my heart is guided by truth and love, regardless of what Morrissey thinks of this site.

But to hate a person so obsessively and
to continue to come here is....

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

‘He'll have an album of his originals out soon. Have patience! I'll be honest, I'd prefer an album of originals over covers any day of the week, but it's kind of cool hearing him cover tracks that he likes.

Also, the music/musicians on World Peace and LIHS is/are f***ing great!’

- Johnny Marr

Well, David has been updating the About page (Resources > About), so his view must be the same. But then again, he does allow Skinnybob and others to post absolute bollocks, so maybe his view has changed a tad.

David doesn’t believe in censorship, and allows people to post pretty much what they want, which I believe is what
Morrissey doesn’t like about this site.

David doesn’t believe in censorship, and allows people to post pretty much what they want, which I believe is what
Morrissey doesn’t like about this site.

Probably right but also ironic after Morrissey said - “I find this compelling, now, because it’s very obvious that Labour or the Tories do not believe in free speech… I mean, look at the shocking treatment of Tommy Robinson… “

Probably right but also ironic after Morrissey said - “I find this compelling, now, because it’s very obvious that Labour or the Tories do not believe in free speech… I mean, look at the shocking treatment of Tommy Robinson… “

That’s tooooo easy to say, as we knew you would.

I’m not defending Morrissey when I say.. I believe the reason why he would like this site to be strict in what it allows to be posted, is because, as we all know, Morrissey is not the type to come on here and explain or defend himself everytime someone tries to besmirch his name by posting information that is true or false.

It’s just not his style.

:cool:

Last edited:
Here's that message again, for those who like to stick their fingers in their ears and listen to racists

Two things here:

1) It's not good, is it? It's a teddy-bear with the stuffing pulled out forced to try and auto-tune.

2) If you think it's good, are you disregarding all his right-wing bollocks? Or maybe that's why you like it, if you're the kind of unquestioning drone that he likes.
Ok, I ignored this message once. I can't ignore it twice.
1)Yes it's quite mild compared to the original, but I enjoy it very much. To each their own.

2) His views have nothing to do with how good the song is! I'm not actively "disregarding" them, but I'm judging the song by its own right... And if I like it, that doesn't mean I like Anne Marie Waters.

2) His views have nothing to do with how good the song is! I'm not actively "disregarding" them, but I'm judging the song by its own right... And if I like it, that doesn't mean I like Anne Marie Waters.

What?! You mean to tell us that Morning Starship is not about Brexit or
present British politics ?

;)

He must get f***ing bored, talking about the same old shit. Not that the The Smiths were shit. Far f***ing from it. But going over the same old bollocks in every interview? What a drag. He must have something to promote I guess.

I mean, The Smiths were a band from 30 something years ago. Can you imagine answering the same f***ing questions for 30+ years?

@johnnymarr Quit giving interviews man! Or at least quit answering questions related to The Smiths.
Yes. I wish they would ask him about The The and what working with Bernard Sumner in Electronic was like, Kirsty MacColl etc. (it's hard to believe she died 19 years ago). They could also ask him why the best songs on his solo albums are ripoffs of his Smith songs.

Yes. I wish they would ask him about The The and what working with Bernard Sumner in Electronic was like, Kirsty MacColl etc. (it's hard to believe she died 19 years ago). They could also ask him why the best songs on his solo albums are ripoffs of his Smith songs.

Yes, but they can’t ask him here, for that would be off topic.

;)

Maybe on Marr-solo.com ?

Ok, I ignored this message once. I can't ignore it twice.
1)Yes it's quite mild compared to the original, but I enjoy it very much. To each their own.

Well f***ing said!

I still listen to records that Phil Spector produced.

I still watch films that Harvey Weinstein was involved with.

One of the best John Wayne films is The Shootist (It isn't as good as the book btw). I still like that film despite the Playboy interview that he gave, that showed us what a racist, homophobic swine that John Wayne was.

I've never been into Ryan Adams' music. But if I was, I'd bin that crap, as I wouldn't want to listen to music by someone that groomed a 14 year old girl.

:D
they are skinny bob /bots/parrots/sock puppets, have no real brain of their own but
act as automatons of skinny/hooky/cometry evil troll designs.:thumb:

In that vein we should ignore skinny, due to allegations of being a tax cheat

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom