"Morning Starship" single (Jobriath cover) - Messages from Morrissey ~ available 20th March 2019

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/morning-starship

Morning Starship.

March 20, 2019

Morrissey's single Morning Starship is available tomorrow - Wednesday 20 March, on iTunes and Spotify. It is a cover version of the song written and released by Jobriath in 1974. It is also the first track on Morrissey's California Son album, released on 24 May.

46763_Untitled_3_saoc49.png

Link posted by joe frady:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's that message again, for those who like to stick their fingers in their ears and listen to racists

Two things here:

1) It's not good, is it? It's a teddy-bear with the stuffing pulled out forced to try and auto-tune.

2) If you think it's good, are you disregarding all his right-wing bollocks? Or maybe that's why you like it, if you're the kind of unquestioning drone that he likes.

Moz could call my mother a whore and I would still adore him...

Do we think it's his love song to Nancy?

Oh blikey. Reckon there have been quite a few of those....Let Me Kiss You (obvious), Jacky's Only Happy on Stage was written about Aunt Nancy, "To me You Are a Work of Art", "Kiss me Alot", "I'd Love To". I reckon what they listen to when they are f***ing...Sugar Town? Danny Boy? I Love LA?
Hooray for Hollywood? Reckon that's a poppy cock inn n nnn nnn nn nn n din't n n it.

Oh blikey. Reckon there have been quite a few of those....Let Me Kiss You (obvious), Jacky's Only Happy on Stage was written about Aunt Nancy, "To me You Are a Work of Art", "Kiss me Alot", "I'd Love To". I reckon what they listen to when they are f***ing...Sugar Town? Danny Boy? I Love LA?
Hooray for Hollywood? Reckon that's a poppy cock inn n nnn nnn nn nn n din't n n it.

Jacky = Morrissey

Jacky = Morrissey

Here's that message again, for those who like to stick their fingers in their ears and listen to racists

Two things here:

1) It's not good, is it? It's a teddy-bear with the stuffing pulled out forced to try and auto-tune.

2) If you think it's good, are you disregarding all his right-wing bollocks? Or maybe that's why you like it, if you're the kind of unquestioning drone that he likes.

Gibberish

You've given your Morrissey and Smiths records away due to your misinterpretation of what you've read on [enter website here]. You've been a silly boy Skinnybob, you've let your face grow long. Now, please explain why you visit a Morrissey/The Smiths fan site when you're no longer a fan?

Two things here:

Ah, a riddle !

Okay, so how does a person listen to racists while sticking their fingers in their ears ?

:lbf:

Yep folks

:cool:

You're talking to yourself, Skinny has all anons on ignore.

It’s too bad, it’s an ignorant move on his part, for he can very well be schooled by many of the anons on here.

By putting folks on ignore... it’s the equivalent of putting ones fingers in ones ears.

:cool:

Still so much nuttiness on here, lol.

Prefer the music of the original (particularly the guitar) but Morrissey vocals here are full on. Good cover.

Two things here:

Two things here:

Lol!!!! Play it again Sam

Have to admit, these cover versions sound fantastic.

That being said, it is clear that Morrissey’s recent output is shit when covers are better than his own original output.

I agree all these covers sound great and i am really looking forward to this album but how has his recent output been shit? Low End In High School was pretty awesome

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom