"Morrissey’s politics divide his LA fan base" - From Press Play (KCRW)

72cc456f-5f86-4fb2-b090-5d36393bf617.jpeg

Heard this live today on the radio program Press Play. Host Madeleine Brand interviews Melissa Hidalgo - author of “Mozlandia: Morrissey Fans in the Borderlands”. The 16 min segment can be heard at the link below:

Morrissey’s politics divide his LA fan base

Last edited:
Sadly, a moment of pleasure can lead to a lifetime of pain. Protect yourself and wear a condom... you deserve a happy ending!

No one is divided, but keep trying to push your agenda. The people that actually pay and go to the shows and buy the albums are quite content. The rest of you mental patients are not wanted, not needed and definitely not missed.

The website is nothing but a revenge tool and a troll platform.

It has been brought to my attention, that everybody in Moz Angeles loves Morrissey (Morrissey day, California son, etc...). So how can his fan base there be divided?

If he would stand by his braggadocio, he would have the balls to stand his ground in Europe now. But to endure head wind and confrontation with his steep theories have never been his strength.

People are embarrassed to talk about him now in Manchester. The continuous comment you will hear is “ I used to really like him but...”.

got as far as gender fluid then I had enough,maybe im too old for this dung now but where did all this start.these people speak a different language,good for them being part of a movement but it aint for me,what happened to a man and a woman.theres supposedly a hundred different genders now,if someone can name ten I will give you a coconut.

got as far as gender fluid then I had enough,maybe im too old for this dung now but where did all this start.these people speak a different language,good for them being part of a movement but it aint for me,what happened to a man and a woman.theres supposedly a hundred different genders now,if someone can name ten I will give you a coconut.

You're too old for this. Gender is fluid and always has been. The fact that people now feel secure enough to talk about it is what is new. No doubt there will be commentator careerists out to make a buck on the back of it - isn't there always. If you've read any of the tripe spouted in this forum about race, immigration and Islam you'll know only too well that people can type for the longest time without actually saying anything*.

* I might have set a trap for myself there.

Oh no there's a divide between what a group of people think. What'll we do? I thought for sure everyone thought the same thing. Damn.

It's called bullshit. As far as I know bullshit has nothing to do with your age.

You're too old for this. Gender is fluid and always has been. The fact that people now feel secure enough to talk about it is what is new. No doubt there will be commentator careerists out to make a buck on the back of it - isn't there always. If you've read any of the tripe spouted in this forum about race, immigration and Islam you'll know only too well that people can type for the longest time without actually saying anything*.

* I might have set a trap for myself there.

There are only 2 genders numb nuts. Read a biology book.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I’m sure fans are thinking about his positions as vague as they are but it’s the over reaction and the hysterical over statements of nazis and racism. It seems like a coopting of morrissey into a preexisting agenda and fight. Some sort of transference. To say fans are concerned as far as it goes is I think accurate. To say there’s a divide is an overstatement at least in the us

The only huge ‘divide’ :rolleyes: exists in the mind of the media world where clickbait and keeping ones job is king.

Tags
for britain kcrw latino los angeles morrissey racism

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom