Morrissey’s China comments

You do have to stop this trawling through really old news, regurgitating it in to every thread with some warped belief that it's helping Morrissey go forward. I've said this to you several times but you seem hellbent on pursuing this strange tactic, there's no benefit to Morrissey whatsoever.

It does.

Well you're completely wrong, you're as bad as the bullshitters because they want that rhetoric to continue, I'm bored rigid reading your take on things, you're a seriously broken record.

Why don't you get a job in the media, see how it operates & then stop talking out of your arse.
Yes I need the sort of imaginary job you have so that I can call on my imaginary authority on the subject rather than using logic based on facts.

"The Chinese are a sub-species." You can emphasise how horrible something is without disparaging the entire population of a country.
He knew what he was saying. Or are you going to claim that someone who's made a decent living from his careful use of words was merely careless with his use of words?
I used to think the same sort of thing. Believed all that "morrisseys Chinese racist comment" stuff.
Then I read this and it put it all in perspective.

When put in context he didn't say anything wrong, I don't think

No it doesn't. Bringing up old problems to "explain" them is, at it's most basic level, focusing on the negative.
What about if you focus on the good instead of giving attention to everything negative? The way it really works is that any anonymous person can post a negative story or idea about Morrissey and watch others do the work to discuss it for days. People are allowed to do that of course but you seem to have appointed yourself the task of righting all wrongs against Morrissey.
Several people have told you the same thing. You just make it worse. Take some feedback.

Does anyone agree all this Coronavirus stuff, coupled with the persecution of Muslims & the Hong Kong situation, proves Mozzer was right all along? And perhaps the Guardian owe him an apology?

Spooky Mulder (for those with long memories)
What did Morrissey say about the persecution of Muslims?

Well you're completely wrong, you're as bad as the bullshitters because they want that rhetoric to continue, I'm bored rigid reading your take on things, you're a seriously broken record.

What else would be said?

Yes I need the sort of imaginary job you have so that I can call on my imaginary authority on the subject rather than using logic based on facts.

Poor wee sod.

You're wrong about everything.

No it doesn't. Bringing up old problems to "explain" them is, at it's most basic level, focusing on the negative.
What about if you focus on the good instead of giving attention to everything negative? The way it really works is that any anonymous person can post a negative story or idea about Morrissey and watch others do the work to discuss it for days. People are allowed to do that of course but you seem to have appointed yourself the task of righting all wrongs against Morrissey.
Several people have told you the same thing. You just make it worse. Take some feedback.

Pup, you do whatever you like. Your posts, your conversations.

e1818df058c5d345a1e2b4bedcd1be5f.jpg

If you're interested:

There is a list of word crimes that Morrissey has meant to have committed going back to the 1970s.

There is a myth forming that he's been a supporter of The National Front since the 1970s & he concealed it beneath 'irony'.

And this is given as The Reason for him supporting A Far Right Party & being A Racist.

Anyone who is going to write about him will remember bits of it, will Google others & will assemble at least 3 accusations depending on their word count.

They will probably land here.

I landed here several times over the years to check stuff for copy.

Having debates on the site & alternative evidenced explanations for things gives another angle & even if it's not suitable now it might be useful later.

It keeps things open.

I'm interested because - I'm a fan, I admire his writing style, I'm interested in scandals in general, I think it's an injustice, I've been involved in a great show that would be unlikely to ever be revived if his image stays like this, & a Your Arsenal project has been talked about since gig theatre became a thing. It would be less likely to go anywhere (& these things are hard enough anyway) if there was a disgrace hanging over it.

Agree, disagree, believe, don't; whatever floats your boat.

db3d131f00477b2491f752b91509414d.gif

What did Morrissey say about the persecution of Muslims?
He didn’t say anything on that particular issue, what I’m saying is since he said what he said, that has come to light & it perhaps proves he had a good point. Along with the tales of Chinese scientists who tried to flag up COVID this time last year & were ‘disappeared’. I’m just saying he was vilified at the time for making a reasonable point but i don’t see any apology or re-appraisal of his comments in the Guardian.

He was criticizing a culture and went to far to make it all inclusive. It’s easy to do when a places culture is made and upheld by the majority of people

What would you discuss?
Morrissey's career is fascinating and for 38 years he has been my hero and major influence on my life. Personally I prefer to focus on the present Moz/Smiths stories but when looking back I'd rather concentrate on the positive aspects of his involvement in music...songs, singles, albums, videos, gigs, music mag articles, tv appearances etcetc. There is so much to discuss about The Great Man that is positive.

Morrissey's career is fascinating and for 38 years he has been my hero and major influence on my life. Personally I prefer to focus on the present Moz/Smiths stories but when looking back I'd rather concentrate on the positive aspects of his involvement in music...songs, singles, albums, videos, gigs, music mag articles, tv appearances etcetc. There is so much to discuss about The Great Man that is positive.

I agree.

But also the bad stuff needs debunked. Or at least questioned.

I agree.

But also the bad stuff needs debunked. Or at least questioned.
You know for me the opinions Morrissey has are strong and he has been a really interesting person to follow for so long. I genuinely feel he's been opinionated but never controversial, it's just that there are some members of the public that get offended too easily, at nothing really, they can't accept that he's allowed to have an opinion. I accept Morrissey for who he is and for me that's good enough.

Back
Top Bottom