Morrissey’s quirkiness

Tbevie

Girl afraid
I was looking through my copy of Morrissey, in Conversation the other night. I was reading the full version of the interview from Uncut last year by Paul Morley. There was a particular part of his commentary that I found quite amusing.

“I visit the bathroom three times during our time together - just to check my expression in the mirror – each time I return, Morrissey has moved to a different seat and is wearing a slightly guilty expression on his face that I can’t quite pin down”

It reminded me of something I heard on the ‘Jewel in the crown’ documentary. I think it was the guy who designed the Southpaw Grammar artwork. He said that when he first went to visit Morrissey at his house, he sat on a sofa. He went back the next day and the sofa was gone and when he asked Morrissey what had happened to it, Morrissey’s reply was “what sofa”?

I don’t know why but I just love hearing things like that. I just love his quirkiness, He must be fascinating company. ;)

Thanks, I appreciated these anecdotes as much as you did! :)

Also,

I just love his quirkiness, He must be fascinating company. ;)
I agree.

:D Very funny story! I'd like to read some more!

I even don't know some quirky persons. :(

Great thread starter-
I am a career bartender at a local pub and am constantly surrounded by many quirky people. Probably why I love my job as much as I do! I must pick up a copy of that book.:D

lol that is great isnt it?
hes probably checking how observant they are and whether they'll be bold enough to say anything to his face...

i love it, i bet hes a right tease... :D

I was looking through my copy of Morrissey, in Conversation the other night. I was reading the full version of the interview from Uncut last year by Paul Morley. There was a particular part of his commentary that I found quite amusing.

“I visit the bathroom three times during our time together - just to check my expression in the mirror – each time I return, Morrissey has moved to a different seat and is wearing a slightly guilty expression on his face that I can’t quite pin down”

It reminded me of something I heard on the ‘Jewel in the crown’ documentary. I think it was the guy who designed the Southpaw Grammar artwork. He said that when he first went to visit Morrissey at his house, he sat on a sofa. He went back the next day and the sofa was gone and when he asked Morrissey what had happened to it, Morrissey’s reply was “what sofa”?

I don’t know why but I just love hearing things like that. I just love his quirkiness, He must be fascinating company. ;)

That's one of my favorite things about him, I love it. Thanks for starting this

He likes to play. He does it with the audience every night. Subtle and vaudeville.

So when you take the trouble to visit him, you get toast and he keeps changing seats whenever people leave the room.

I think he brings loneliness upon himself.:)

It is brilliant though.

Well yes, the book (Morrissey In Conversation) is a lot better than expected - i didnt know some of the interviews.

Morrissey's reaction to Paul Morley's question (in Paul Morley's words..) made me LOL a lot:
How much money would it take for The Smiths to reform?
(face)....(sigh)....(twitch)...(snort)....(feels for dagger or handkerchief in breast pocket)....(stands up in an act of sudden aloofness)...(sheer dishevelment of the mind)....

:D:D

I particularly like two stories I can vaguely recall. In the first, Morrissey had to move house while he was in The Smiths, and got (I think) Mike Joyce to help him. Joyce was disturbed to find the darkened house largely bare, except for weight-training equipment and pictures of James Dean. In the second, someone arrived at Morrissey's hotel room to interview him and found him sitting awkwardly in a chair while a beautiful girl dressed as a maid sat on the bed staring at him. Morrissey said that she'd been there when he got back to his room and that he didn't know what to do, so just waited for her to go away (or words to that effect). 'She gives me the creeps', he whispered to the nonplussed interviewer.

In the second, someone arrived at Morrissey's hotel room to interview him and found him sitting awkwardly in a chair while a beautiful girl dressed as a maid sat on the bed staring at him. Morrissey said that she'd been there when he got back to his room and that he didn't know what to do, so just waited for her to go away (or words to that effect). 'She gives me the creeps', he whispered to the nonplussed interviewer.

hehe..i collapsed from my chair and had a loud laugh..my dog scared a moment:D..that's really a funny and curious story..mozliscious:cool:

I particularly like two stories I can vaguely recall. In the first, Morrissey had to move house while he was in The Smiths, and got (I think) Mike Joyce to help him. Joyce was disturbed to find the darkened house largely bare, except for weight-training equipment and pictures of James Dean. In the second, someone arrived at Morrissey's hotel room to interview him and found him sitting awkwardly in a chair while a beautiful girl dressed as a maid sat on the bed staring at him. Morrissey said that she'd been there when he got back to his room and that he didn't know what to do, so just waited for her to go away (or words to that effect). 'She gives me the creeps', he whispered to the nonplussed interviewer.

I wonder, did she want him to lip her stockings?

hehe..i collapsed from my chair and had a loud laugh..my dog scared a moment:D..that's really a funny and curious story..mozliscious:cool:

Have you heard Morrissey's ghost story, about what he saw on Saddleworth Moor? That'd scare more than your dog.. :eek:

Hotel chambermaid anecdote is found from:

http://motorcycleaupairboy.com/interviews/1997/affair.htm

I don't believe the story, it might be a make up of the journalist.

Have you heard Morrissey's ghost story, about what he saw on Saddleworth Moor? That'd scare more than your dog.. :eek:

no, i didn't..what's the story..c'om tell me, please..:eek:;)

Back
Top Bottom