Morrissey A-Z: "I'm Playing Easy to Get"

Last edited:
Hadn't heard this one before. That's the joy of this A to Z thread, thanks for Bookish Boy for posting a song every day.

My first guess was that it was recorded around the time of Maladjusted then I thought Kit is a stronger outtake of that era but this one is still very enjoyable. It turned out that the song was written much later and I think it could have been used as one of the b-sides to the 4th YATQ single, but we got these weird songs instead.

Morrissey said they did record it in the studio but didn’t like how it turned out. Also, something about he wouldn’t be surprised if it was unearthed someday since everything else is.

Morrissey said they did record it in the studio but didn’t like how it turned out. Also, something about he wouldn’t be surprised if it was unearthed someday since everything else is.
Interesting. I wonder if they recorded it at the July 2004 LA sessions which spawned "Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice, "Friday Mourning, and "I Am Two People" or instead opted for the autumn '05 Rome recordings for Ringleader.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom