Morrissey accosted in Rome - police officer demands "papers" - Sam Esty Rayner Photography / FB

See Sam's lovely photography page: https://www.facebook.com/samphotog/

Last night at 7.45 on Via del Corso in Rome, the Police Officer pictured below terrorized Morrissey for 35 minutes demanding "papers". Morrissey had no papers.
The Officer then said "I know who you are." Morrissey replied: "I know the law, I know my rights, and you have no reason to stop me." The Officer shouted very loudly and a crowd of over 100 people gathered. The Officer held his gun throughout the confrontation. After 35 minutes, Morrissey walked away, and the Officer did not follow.
Morrissey says: "This was a deliberate act of terror by this Officer, who had no personal identification, but whose Polizia 113 motor-bike had the plate G2458. I had not broken the law or acted suspiciously. The officer unlocked his gun and held it as he screamed into my face. Some people came to my rescue. This happened outside the Nike store, and many people filmed the obviously insane officer. I believe he recognized me and wanted to frighten me. I did not back down even though I believed he was about to shoot me. I urge people to beware of this dangerously aggressive Officer. He might kill you."

40315_rome_police_officer.jpg

halt-mozzer-papers.jpg

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a Roman tragedy.
Morrissey, you should have known better. Italians are quite provincial and witless. That cop is clearly "cornuto".

This story makes me wanna try and find the Carabinieri car that I have from when me and my parents went to Rimini and Venice in the early 80's.

As mementos go, that's pretty flashy. Are you sure you've checked all the garages? There's always one you forget, I find.

It's alleged by CNN that the police officer is a card-carrying vegan with a beef with Morrissey because he was wearing leather trousers at the time of the incident. (He's going through a Lizard King fixation) It's well and good wearing Stella McCartney's plastic crocs but a real vegan needs to go the whole hog dress wise.

I knew there was a reason I hate you.

Yeah, when some authority figure treats you like shit for no reason, I think you will then know how it feels. Until you've been there, (because obviously you have not) you know nothing.

And, glad to give you a 'reason to hate', isn't that one of the reasons you come here? No problem.

Also, I don't call, or think that all cops are 'pigs', just the ones who abuse their power and act like moronic thugs, treating people as if they are less than human.

BOYCOTT 'ENGLAND IS MINE' !!!

Last edited:
I just like to see Nike getting their money's worth for sponsoring Moz.

Yeah, when some authority figure treats you like shit for no reason, I think you will then know how it feels. Until you've been there, (because obviously you have not) you know nothing.

And, glad to give you a 'reason to hate', isn't that one of the reasons you come here? No problem.

Also, I don't call, or think that all cops are 'pigs', just the ones who abuse their power and act like moronic thugs, treating people as if they are less than human.

BOYCOTT 'ENGLAND IS MINE' !!!

It's not an insult anyway. Pigs are delicious. Especially pork belly and bacon.

Ok, so by that logic if a black person bothers you, then tossing out the ni**a word is o.k. Cause not all black people are ni**as , just the ones that offend your sense of justice.

Nah, I've never experienced that, you are right. Because I m not disrespectful towards Police. My father was a Policeman, my Uncle, and I was an special constable for six years. Police risks their lives every day, and using that word to describe them is completely disrespectful.

The fact of the matter is, when you visit a foreign country, you comply with their laws. In Italy, a Policeman has the right to request documents from anyone - diplomats, heads of state, anyone. IT IS THEIR LAW. Morrissey is a tourist, not everyone is a TSA agent (see a pattern here?). Everyone knows he is a complete diva. An act of terror?! Are you f***ing kidding me? He argued with a Policeman who was doing his job, for over thirty minutes. God even knows how good this officers English is. THERE IS TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY.

And why publish the Policemans name.. Retribution perhaps.

Last edited:
Ok, so by that logic if a black person bothers you, then tossing out the ni**a word is o.k. Cause not all black people are ni**as , just the ones that offend your sense of justice.

Nah, I've never experienced that, you are right. Because I m not disrespectful towards Police. My father was a Policeman, my Uncle, and I was an special constable for six years. Police risks their lives every day, and using that word to describe them is completely disrespectful.

The fact of the matter is, when you visit a foreign country, you comply with their laws. In Italy, a Policeman has the right to request documents from anyone - diplomats, heads of state, anyone. IT IS THEIR LAW. Morrissey is a tourist, not everyone is a TSA agent (see a pattern here?). Everyone knows he is a complete diva. An act of terror?! Are you f***ing kidding me? He argued with a Policeman who was doing his job, for over thirty minutes. God even knows how good this officers English is. THERE IS TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY.

I think one has a reasonable assumption that when you go shopping, a cop doesn't ask you for an ID, in any Western country. I would tell a cop to bit me if he he asked for my id whilst shopping.

'Nah, I've never experienced that, you are right. Because I m not disrespectful towards Police.'

YEP, SO, ALL THE INNOCENT PEOPLE WHO GOT SHOT AND KILLED BY POLICE WERE BEING DISRESPECTFUL? IS THAT WHY THEY WERE SHOT AND KILLED? AND (NOT COMPARING) BUT WAS M BEING DISRESPECTFUL WHEN HE WAS SINGLED OUT AND TREATED LIKE THAT?

My father was a Policeman, my Uncle, and I was an special constable for six years.

YEP, THOUGHT SO. AND THEN YOU SHOULD TAKE IT PERSONALLY AND YOU SHOULD BE PISSED WHEN SOMEONE CALLS A COP A PIG, BUT DON'T BE ANGRY TOWARDS THE VICTIM, BE ANGRY AT THAT PARTICULAR COP OR COPS THAT ARE GIVING ALL THE OTHER GOOD COPS A BAD NAME.

Policeman has the right to request documents from anyone
Really? Was he doing something against the law? People have rights too, you know.
BTW black people call themselves the n word. But, god forbid, a white person used that word...

The fact of the matter is, when you visit a foreign country, you comply with their laws.

Morrissey broke no laws, stupid. Just like a typical pig, oblivious to facts.

In Italy, a Policeman has the right to request documents from anyone - diplomats, heads of state, anyone. IT IS THEIR LAW.
And we have a right to make that pig look stupid for acting stupid. Italy is not Nazi Germany and Morrissey does not have to comply with ANY said request, he is under no obligation to comply with a rogue pig who wants to abuse his tiny penis power. Rest assured, Morrissey will take his money OUT of Italy and this pig will be responsible for it and lose his job as he SHOULD.

Morrissey is a tourist, not everyone is a TSA agent (see a pattern here?).
Morrissey is a World Treasure. No, we don't see a pattern, we see a moron pig spewing bile.

Everyone knows he is a complete diva.
Another moment when you misstate the facts. This is completely untrue. Typical lying pig.

An act of terror?! Are you f***ing kidding me? He argued with a Policeman who was doing his job, for over thirty minutes. God even knows how good this officers English is. THERE IS TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY.
You do not get to decide how someone else feels, you pathetic alien. There are also two sides to your ass and one is your face.

Why NOT publish his name? He was clearly wrong. You talk about Americans loving their guns, brandishing them at every opportunity? This pig needs to be knocked on his ass and have that gun shoved squared up in it. Why don't you get out of the pig's ass, whom you don't even know? "Two sides to every story", what is this kindergarten? Moron. Lol.

Well, I for one am upset that his Mr. Raffaele would harass and threaten my hero! :(
Morrissey's detailed description of what happened makes the account very credible and frightening. MOZ IS NOT TO BE MESSED WITH. Moz stood his ground just like when he refused to alight from the bus. RIGHT ON MOZ.
Recently, a lady (Dawn Standke) posted on NextDoor that she received a "threatening message," but she didn't say what the threat was or how it was threatening. So, I didn't believe a word she said. (A bunch of gullible housewives believed her, though, and told her how "sorry" they were.) However, when the person tells you exactly what was said and how he was threatened, you know it's a scary reality.

#VivaVeganMoz

Viva Morrissey! Please don't stop singing Ganglord. NOW more than ever! Policemen should fight true criminals and mafias, there are a lot of them in Rome, not spending time and effort threatening peaceful artists like Morrissey whose only sin was telling the truth about police brutality and animal abuse in his concerts all around the world.
Yes, it's DRAMA. It's dramatical abuse of peaceful and innocent people like Morrissey. When someone uses a gun which has been given to him by the society to protect people, THAT GUN SHOULD NEVER BE USED TO THREATEN INNOCENT PEOPLE. People are innocent unless they are caught commiting a crime or a judge condemn them in a sentence. Morrissey was on the streets of Rome like many other tourists do it all the time, HE IS NOT A CRIMINAL, HE IS ANOTHER TOURIST ENJOYING THE CITY. Why was he harrassed in that way during more than half an hour, WITH A GUN?? Apologies must be given, and he deserves a proper compensation to prevent bullies meddle with him next time they feel the need to do so abusing of their delegate power.

Last edited:
I think one has a reasonable assumption that when you go shopping, a cop doesn't ask you for an ID, in any Western country. I would tell a cop to bit me if he he asked for my id whilst shopping.
is this a common occurrence in european countries, that cops just hang around asking people for their papers? (what papers? I never carry papers or id on me at any time ever unless im going to buy me some booze--which i also never do, fyi). i need to know for when i begin my new life as an illegal immigrant. hope i wont run into barone!

is this a common occurrence in european countries, that cops just hang around asking people for their papers? (what papers? I never carry papers or id on me at any time ever unless im going to buy me some booze--which i also never do, fyi). i need to know for when i begin my new life as an illegal immigrant. hope i wont run into barone!

It probably has something to do with these scumbag terrorists (and Urban) who are trying to incite World War III. Meeting violence with violence, though, is not the correct solution--it never works--intelligence does (sometimes).

It probably has something to do with these scumbag terrorists (and Urban) who are trying to incite World War III. Meeting violence with violence, though, is not the correct solution--it never works--intelligence does (sometimes).

but it's still possible to be an illegal immigrant, right?! should i get fake papers?!

We need to see some of this so called video footage to be fair.
Lots of questions until we see the footage.

Where were the lawnmowers ?
Why didn't Diesel step in to help ?
Was the police man just a fellow nosey humasexual looking for some bragging rights ?
Did the rear cleavage get the once over ?( remember #Airport-gate )
Is Steven going to report and press charges ?

Phone footage please ! ! ! ! !
Next !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Just saw the footage

Shows Moz bent over with a smile on his face

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom