Morrissey and Coronation street

ALLIE WALLS

I know that there is alot of history going back to pre Smiths days with Morrissey sending in scripts etc and one of its main matriarchs appearing on a Smiths singles cover with Pat Phoenix who played Elsie Tanner' I have always been an avid fan of Coronation street but stopped watching it when i felt it was becoming too sensational about 10 years ago. However i have been following the re runs of late 8o s and 90 s episodes on TV which for me where the good old days. What i ve noticed is how many lines spoken have also been apart of Morrisseys lyrics at that time. There are many but i remember Bet Lynch on the phone trying to get a hair appointment asking can you squeeze me me in and lately hearing Derek Wilton calling Alec Gilroy an unspeakable friend and it goes on. It adds up to the same time frame of when the songs were released, any others noticed this ?

I know that there is alot of history going back to pre Smiths days with Morrissey sending in scripts etc and one of its main matriarchs appearing on a Smiths singles cover with Pat Phoenix who played Elsie Tanner' I have always been an avid fan of Coronation street but stopped watching it when i felt it was becoming too sensational about 10 years ago. However i have been following the re runs of late 8o s and 90 s episodes on TV which for me where the good old days. What i ve noticed is how many lines spoken have also been apart of Morrisseys lyrics at that time. There are many but i remember Bet Lynch on the phone trying to get a hair appointment asking can you squeeze me me in and lately hearing Derek Wilton calling Alec Gilroy an unspeakable friend and it goes on. It adds up to the same time frame of when the songs were released, any others noticed this ?

Poets, writers and songwriters use common parlance. Coronation Street writers were not the first to use those terms. They would've simply have used common parlance.

Alfie iv started to notice things on tv all the time now,phrases from songs.a good one I noticed last week was watching the film TURNER with timothy spall and he sings a song and one of the lines is REMEMBER ME BUT FORGET MY FATE.

Back
Top Bottom