Morrissey and Ennio Morricone

It could've been greater. If you search the Downloads forum you might be able to find the fan-made remix with all of the strings from this video added in. It's quite good :thumb:

Some of the string sections in the song, while breathtakingly beautiful, are in fact repetitive. Perhaps this is why Morrissey didn't include all of them.

Yeah I can see what Morrissey's reasoning could have been. Some bits in that video did seem to overcomplicate and jar with the simplicity of the song. It must have been pretty hard for Morrissey to reject a lot of the Maestro's work given the honour it was for him to be working on the song in the first place! I'll root around in the downloads section for that version tomorrow, thanks :thumb:

Wow, i've somehow never seen this. I love 'Dear God Please Help Me' as it is but this has made me wonder if it could have been even greater had the Morricone's ideas been implemented fully. The finished version seems a bit of a cop out, did Morrissey suddenly realise he didn't want the piece to be dominated by strings? Looking at this is seems a great amount of Morricone's composition was scrapped entirely and only the relatively conventional aspects of it applied.

oh, if morricone had re-done this one with morrissey (its so hot)
http://rapidshare.com/files/2516667...rnaval_-_06_-_Funeral_de_Um_Lavrador.mp3.html

(it's a safe link.. I had to upload it there because I didn't find it on youtube or deezer and I know nowhere else to look for it except my own music collection)

In Passions Just Like Mine:
# When questioned about working with Morricone in a Q&A published on the True-To-You website in November 2005 Morrissey answered "Yes, the Maestro came into the studio with his orchestra and worked on a song called "Dear God Please Help Me" – which was very flattering because he'd turned so many multi-million selling pop acts down (I won't mention their names – U2, David Bowie, etc.), so I was delighted that he said yes to scruffy old me. In the event, he was very shy, and he was heavily surrounded and shielded, and there was no way that he and I would end up at the local pub playing darts. But – that's OK. Life's rich tapestry, and so on."

Tags
ennio morricone
Back
Top Bottom