morrissey and marr's opinions on each others music

TOBIN

Hi,this has probably been asked on here before but has morrissey ever commented on any of johnny marr`s solo work and collabirations with other bands and vice versa marr on any of morrisseys solo music, always wondered if they liked each others music..steve..

The only thing I ever read that Moz said about Johnny's work was when Electronic had done their 1st album and I remember Moz saying :

"Well everyone needs to make and italian dance record some time in their life don't they?"

There was an interview with Marr in the early 90s where he slagged off Kill Uncle. But you can't really blame him in all honestly.

I'm sure there's more but I can't really remember.

There was a quote from Johnny a couple of years ago where he said he never listens to Morrissey's records because he knows exactly what they'll sound like and whenever he hears one he finds he's right.

I recall Johhny being quoted as saying something along the lines of....

I dont need to listen to any new morrissey albums because I already know what they will sound like.

As I say that is just from memory but its something like that.

Johnny Marr once called 'Our Frank' 'Half Wank'.
Seems like a bit of a knob really.

Johnny Marr once called 'Our Frank' 'Half Wank'.
Seems like a bit of a knob really.

I'm afraid I find this thread rather depressing because it brings back the past events which no longer matters.

In November last year people attended Johnny's lecture understood that there's no bad feeling between Morrissey and Johnny.

I'm afraid I find this thread rather depressing because it brings back the past events which no longer matters.

In November last year people attended Johnny's lecture understood that there's no bad feeling between Morrissey and Johnny.

i take this thread as a history lecture.

Why pick me out over everyone else? The word 'knob' offend you or something?

Don't be so soft, we're all just having fun. I don't think Johnny Marr can hear you sucking up to him.

alf wank was his tongue in cheek description of our frank. jonny marr rarely, if ever speaks about morrissey. where on the other hand;)

Aye, I think they're both tongue in cheek about each other really. I think the only Smith Moz is really hateful about is Joyce.

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom