Morrissey and Rick Astley

How orange does Rick look?

Rick: Morrissey, I've been waiting to meet you ever since I made my debut in the business. Your album-- God, it's just like you said. They take and then they take in turn!

M: I know!

Rick: And they give you nothing real for yourself in return!...

...M: Don't let that swift eclipse torture you, son.

[url]http://creativespark.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/lifeinhell_creativespark.jpg[/url][IMG][/QUOTE]

:clap: Show-Off! :p

It is slightly strange that morrissey would post this (TTY is his official outlet right?) but maybe he's been flicking through some old albums, or went to see peter kay when rick was supporting at the M.E.N

I was at that show and it was brilliant all round.

Maybe Moz is considering Rick as a support act :crazy::lbf::eek:

Interestingly this picture pretty much matches my superficial image that I had of Morrissey until two years ago.

Rick Astley is a father of a daughter, whom he looked after, and his wife works in the movies industry. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Post of the year :)

Some people have got no pride...

Dave

Rick: Morrissey, I've been waiting to meet you ever since I made my debut in the business. Your album-- God, it's just like you said. They take and then they take in turn!

Rick: And they give you nothing real for yourself in return!

Rick: They'll use you, and they'll break you.

M: And they'll buy you and sell you and bill you for the pleasure and blah blah blah.

Rick: Yes! And make your parents cry. Oh, God how I relate to that song!

M: *sigh* Some people don't understand the urgency of life, Rick. But I...

Rick: Yes? Go on...do you want to tell me something?

M: I love you more than--

Rick: Really...?

M: Let me finish. I love you more than having my face eaten off by giant flesh-eating ants, but less than rectal bleeding.

Rick: What?

BBC Producer: Alright, Rick. You're on!

M: Don't let that swift eclipse torture you, son.

Well, this raised a titter in Frady Towers this morning.
What a cute couple! :sweet:
I don't think there's any doubt that this was posted at Morrissey's behest. The record release and Top 40 minutiae give that away. Nobody, other than SPM, would know or care. (And the reason Morrissey's smiling so, well, smilingly is cos he's 20 places higher than Rick)
As to why now? Well, coupled with Mr.Reynolds info about the rendezvous with EMI, I'm thinking that Moz is in an archival frame of mind these days. So, obviously, what will happen is the Morrissey equivalent of this! Obviously.
As to topics of conversation between Rick and Morrissey? I'd plump for 'Which is the best wool shop in Newton-le-Willows?' :)

Or perhaps collating pics for inclusion in the autobiography. Never mind Bowie, Bono, Alan Bennet et al - Morrissey picks Rick.

I love this pic.Morrissey looks so happy and relaxed.And he prob.posted this pic as a(joke)reaction to criticism about his pic with Lady Gaga.

Back
Top Bottom