Morrissey and SER driving at high speed in wrong direction according to police - La Repubblica

Hey just so you know, here is the police version from the italian newspaper "La Repubblica":

Roma, Morrissey litiga col poliziotto in via del Corso. “Minacce e urla” - La Repubblica
"Poteva uccidermi - accusa la rockstar - impugnava una pistola. La replica della questura: "E' arrivato a forte velocità contromano"

di FEDERICA ANGELI

They claim Sam was driving on the wrong sense at "full speed" and that they stopped him - apparently scared for the threat of a car driving at full speed in the wrong direction - to ask for his documents first, and then Morrissey's.
The article continues:Morrissey was asked four times for a document, but instead of telling them he left the wallet in the hotel he told them he did not do anything and did not had to deliver his document.
Than Sam proceeded to take a photo of they guy (who in the meantime googled Morrissey and realised who he was) and told him "you're going to be famous".
Apparently, both the policeman (whose photo was published) and the italian police want to sue Morrissey, the articles concludes.
The officer claim he never pointed the gun.

Just translating, guys.

----------------

Adding the police statement (from a newspaper) I just found

«The car was proceding from Via della Frezza on the wrong direction, tuesday late afternoon, and came into a very crowded (because of the sale week shopping) via del corso. The agents on the "nibbio" motorbikes, who are regularly patrolling the historical center because of counterterrorism measures, did not hesitate to stop the car and ask the people on board for their id». According to the Questura after the first check «the policeman issued the ticket to the driver, who admitted his responsibility - according to the violations commited. But the other person - in other words the singer (exactly like this in the police memo - hilarious :)) - has been hostile since the beginning: an english citizen, he insisted saying he could not be forced to produce his ID or state his identity because he commited no felony, and was very surprised he wasn't recognised by the policemen. After some persistence the agents, who spoke english, allowed the person to call the hotel twice, thus learning the man's identity in order to run further checks even in the absence of an ID. During the checks the artist, bothered, shoot some pictures to the policeman threatening “you will become famous”».

(I don't know if the "artist" at the end is supposed to be morrissey or sam)

Sorry for the translation, but police statements are written in a strange funny language

Update:
SER has just written in his facebook page (comment in the same photo post) it was not him driving the car and he was not in italy at the moment. What the hell?

This is getting more and more ridicolous.

Sam Esty Rayner Photography:

"The Italian newspapers state, on behalf of Roma Polizia, that the driver of the car was Sam Esty Rayner.

Sam was not the driver; was not in the car; was not in Italy on the date of the incident.
"

Scan of print edition from Betta:

40318_morrissey_repbblica_scan.jpg

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hilarious watching all the Moz-bots pile in, believing any old shite. Do you get it yet?
I was catching up on my celebrity gossip and I was shocked to see Morrissey tops the Rob and Chyna Instagram wars.
My feeling is in this current climate, it's not the time to drive on the wrong side of the road at high speeds in a tourist area. Also in this current climate, Morrissey shouldn't be messing around playing who am I. Say who you are, you forgot your ID, can you call the hotel to confirm. The two of them are very lucky this police officer wasn't trigger happy.

I think a sinister aspect of this is wee Sammy telling the cop 'You're gonna be famous', as if hordes of Mozophiles are going to hunt him down after he is exposed. Which I have seen, on some pages, people naming, shaming, and saying unpleasant things should happen to the cop. If he had been smart, he'd have apologised and walked off. Now the whole world knows he lied about this, who he is, and who his uncle is, and my guess is that if a full apology doesn't arrive, he's in deep sewage. An idiot move.

Right unless someone can produce a video with audio of the entire scene, we don't really know. We know Morrissey can certainly exaggerate things. For all we know, initially the policemen was not interested in Morrissey as a passenger, and it was through his own actions that he escalated things.

Well if the person above is correct about posting a pic or video of a policeman being a crime we might not get one

Very droll :D

FWD.

I hate how this has all ended up. Entitled brat nephew (who the MozArmy treat as a celebrity). A mediocre band (who the MozArmy treat as celebrities) have been the downfall of a legend. The whole scene surrounding and enabling this sad state is pathetic.

AND ALL THOSE LIES
FACEBOOK LIES, TWEETED LIES
WELL THEY WERE LIES
THEY WERE LIES
THEY WERE LIES

Sorry couldn't resist the opportunity :ahhh::guitar::ahhh::guitar::ahhh:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Shame on Steve :rolleyes:

I wonder how the New York dolls would have handeled this and would we be so critical if they didn't say yes sir to the police man. So many bands and musicians who gets praised on here regularly from the pistols to iggy and Lou reed who've had much wilder altercations with police officers didn't seem to face so much criticism for it. I don't remember the story of Johnny rotten saying yes sir here's my I'd sir thanks for being such a diligent officer sir. I do however remember the story and pics of them flipping off the officer behind his back who asked them for Id on the street

«The car was proceding from Via della Frezza on the wrong direction, tuesday late afternoon, and came into a very crowded (because of the sale week shopping) via del corso. The agents on the "nibbio" motorbikes, who are regularly patrolling the historical center because of counterterrorism measures, did not hesitate to stop the car and ask the people on board for their id». According to the Questura after the first check «the policeman issued the ticket to the driver, who admitted his responsibility - according to the violations commited. But the other person - in other words the singer (exactly like this in the police memo - hilarious :)) - has been hostile since the beginning: an english citizen, he insisted saying he could not be forced to produce his ID or state his identity because he commited no felony, and was very surprised he wasn't recognised by the policemen. After some persistence the agents, who spoke english, allowed the person to call the hotel twice, thus learning the man's identity in order to run further checks even in the absence of an ID. During the checks the artist, bothered, shoot some pictures to the policeman threatening “you will become famous”».

(I don't know if the "artist" at the end is supposed to be morrissey or sam)

Sorry for the translation, but police statements are written in a strange funny language

Scan of print edition from Betta:

40318_morrissey_repbblica_scan.jpg

Related items:
More confirmation that Moz is a squidgey little c*** with a head the size of Texas. If you think this is a conspiracy against Morrissey, you haven't been a fan since 1983.

More confirmation that Moz is a squidgey little c*** with a head the size of Texas. If you think this is a conspiracy against Morrissey, you haven't been a fan since 1983.

Please don't take the police statement as literal truth. I have posted it just for the sake of complete documentation, but I can tell you italian police is very well inclined to lies and deception.

Classic Morrissey. Having as worst taste in relatives to chum with as he does for opening acts at his shows.

"Apparently, both the policeman (whose photo was published) and the italian police want to sue Morrissey, the articles concludes."

Good. They deserved to be sued. They called for him to be fired and they named and shamed him on social media, why? So fans could torment him? This man was doing his job. They lied about why they were pulled over (omitting is lying), so what else are they lying about?

They obviously have no concern for public safety, the well being of this officer, nor do they feel they need to be open and honest with their fans. So sad. So very, very sad.

Who's the moderator here? (...and HELLO and thanks to you!!!) I'm a near daily reader and frequent contributor. I LOVE this forum for the entertainment value that fawns provide - and posts that I read from like-minded individuals.

What's the policy on a small-wager death pool? I'd love to get that happening, as it seems like we're missing a superb opportunity for a proper laugh and a few quid. Do I need to sign up? Can someone who already possesses "the power" set it up? I'm talking small bones. Would be excellent if the real heads got into it. ...but in the meantime, the self-alienating narrcisit of our story continues his spiral.

Based on accounts of his behaviour from everyone he's ever known, this will not end well.

Who's in for a wee pool?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom