Morrissey and SER driving at high speed in wrong direction according to police - La Repubblica

Hey just so you know, here is the police version from the italian newspaper "La Repubblica":

Roma, Morrissey litiga col poliziotto in via del Corso. “Minacce e urla” - La Repubblica
"Poteva uccidermi - accusa la rockstar - impugnava una pistola. La replica della questura: "E' arrivato a forte velocità contromano"

di FEDERICA ANGELI

They claim Sam was driving on the wrong sense at "full speed" and that they stopped him - apparently scared for the threat of a car driving at full speed in the wrong direction - to ask for his documents first, and then Morrissey's.
The article continues:Morrissey was asked four times for a document, but instead of telling them he left the wallet in the hotel he told them he did not do anything and did not had to deliver his document.
Than Sam proceeded to take a photo of they guy (who in the meantime googled Morrissey and realised who he was) and told him "you're going to be famous".
Apparently, both the policeman (whose photo was published) and the italian police want to sue Morrissey, the articles concludes.
The officer claim he never pointed the gun.

Just translating, guys.

----------------

Adding the police statement (from a newspaper) I just found

«The car was proceding from Via della Frezza on the wrong direction, tuesday late afternoon, and came into a very crowded (because of the sale week shopping) via del corso. The agents on the "nibbio" motorbikes, who are regularly patrolling the historical center because of counterterrorism measures, did not hesitate to stop the car and ask the people on board for their id». According to the Questura after the first check «the policeman issued the ticket to the driver, who admitted his responsibility - according to the violations commited. But the other person - in other words the singer (exactly like this in the police memo - hilarious :)) - has been hostile since the beginning: an english citizen, he insisted saying he could not be forced to produce his ID or state his identity because he commited no felony, and was very surprised he wasn't recognised by the policemen. After some persistence the agents, who spoke english, allowed the person to call the hotel twice, thus learning the man's identity in order to run further checks even in the absence of an ID. During the checks the artist, bothered, shoot some pictures to the policeman threatening “you will become famous”».

(I don't know if the "artist" at the end is supposed to be morrissey or sam)

Sorry for the translation, but police statements are written in a strange funny language

Update:
SER has just written in his facebook page (comment in the same photo post) it was not him driving the car and he was not in italy at the moment. What the hell?

This is getting more and more ridicolous.

Sam Esty Rayner Photography:

"The Italian newspapers state, on behalf of Roma Polizia, that the driver of the car was Sam Esty Rayner.

Sam was not the driver; was not in the car; was not in Italy on the date of the incident.
"

Scan of print edition from Betta:

40318_morrissey_repbblica_scan.jpg

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey just so you know, here is the police version from the italian newspaper "La Repubblica":

http://roma.repubblica.it/cronaca/2...ey_e_il_poliziotto_minacce_e_urla_-170100345/

They claim Sam was driving on the wrong sense at "full speed" and that they stopped him - apparently scared for the threat of a car driving at full speed in the wrong direction - to ask for his documents first, and then Morrissey's.
The article continues:Morrissey was asked four times for a document, but instead of telling them he left the wallet in the hotel he told them he did not do anything and did not had to deliver his document.
Than Sam proceeded to take a photo of they guy (who in the meantime googled Morrissey and realised who he was) and told him "you're going to be famous".
Apparently, both the policeman (whose photo was published) and the italian police want to sue Morrissey, the articles concludes.

Just translating, guys.

Hilarious watching all the Moz-bots pile in, believing any old shite. Do you get it yet?

Apparently - today's paper says - Sam Esty Rayner and Morrissey were stopped by the police because SAM ESTY RAYNER WAS SPEEDING ON VIA DEL CORSO - busy with shoppers - ON A FIAT 500, IN THE WRONG DIRECTION!!!!!
Of corse the Police were shouting at him!
I think this brat is the worst thing that ever happened to Morrissey. Poor him, having to look after his demented nephew.

Here is the articles

http://roma.repubblica.it/cronaca/2...ey_e_il_poliziotto_minacce_e_urla_-170100345/

Google translate:
Probably alluding to the post published on social. What time, however, could cost Morrissey a complaint not only by the cop who had been disclosed the image but also by the Rome police for defamation.

Hilarious watching all the Moz-bots pile in, believing any old shite. Do you get it yet?

I don't buy the police version, I must tell you. I think the car was certainly driving in the wrong way, but you don't stop and chat with a driver that you thnk is a terrorist (also explain how you stop a car at full speed; apparently you don't, as certain recent facts show). I know italian police enough to think the cop was certainly the asshole described by sam.
But taking him a photo, still not very smart. Here policeman get away with torture and murder, and are covered and commended by their colleagues, this guy is the hero of the day, and Sam will probably get some trouble from this.

Here is the articles

Google translate:
Probably alluding to the post published on social. What time, however, could cost Morrissey a complaint not only by the cop who had been disclosed the image but also by the Rome police for defamation.

#JUSTICE FOR BARONE RAFFAELE

VIGIL TO BE HELD TONIGHT @ 7:45 pm OUTSIDE THE NIKE STORE
We will soon be setting up a just giving page soon with all proceeds being used to send Steven CrankFruad and his conniving Nephew to do a stretch in prison for defamation of character and upsetting the un-hinged bot community.

#We:heartssuit:Rome and Barone Raffaele

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I never buy police versions. They are a corporation designed to protect powerful people and control the masses. They give a shit about common people security, if it were not so mafias and gangs wouldn't exist, when in fact they are now stronger than ever and they are the better partners of police and governments. The few times I asked police protection I found excuses, not security. I have limited a lot of actvities in my life by fear because I know I'm defenseless. But corrupt politicians, judges and powerful people have free police protection payed with tax payers money. Let alone that when they have the opportunity a lot of policemen enjoy a display of guns and impunity protected by their uniforms. Good people don't survive as cops.

Apparently - today's paper says - Sam Esty Rayner and Morrissey were stopped by the police because SAM ESTY RAYNER WAS SPEEDING ON VIA DEL CORSO - busy with shoppers - ON A FIAT 500, IN THE WRONG DIRECTION!!!!!
Of corse the Police were shouting at him!
I think this brat is the worst thing that ever happened to Morrissey. Poor him, having to look after his demented nephew.

I agree.
The Corriere della Sera reports that at one point, Morrissey walked away, leaving Sam to argue with the policeman for 35 minutes. I am sure that he (M) was discomforted by the growing crowd, and by the shouting.

Sam must've been driving quite badly indeed to be stopped. The traffic and drivers are insane in Rome, but no one wants tourists to be run over. Had Sam been polite and penitent, the matter would've resolved quickly, whether or not his famous passenger was carrying identification. Sam should stick to snapping pis of naked female "models," and stop acting so entitled.

I don't buy the police version, I must tell you. I think the car was certainly driving in the wrong way, but you don't stop and chat with a driver that you thnk is a terrorist (also explain how you stop a car at full speed; apparently you don't, as certain recent facts show). I know italian police enough to think the cop was certainly the asshole described by sam.
But taking him a photo, still not very smart. Here policeman get away with torture and murder, and are covered and commended by their colleagues, this guy is the hero of the day, and Sam will probably get some trouble from this.

'I don't buy the police version, I must tell you. I think the car was certainly driving in the wrong way, but you don't stop and chat with a driver that you thnk is a terrorist (also explain how you stop a car at full speed; apparently you don't, as certain recent facts show). I know italian police enough to think the cop was certainly the asshole described by sam.
But taking him a photo, still not very smart. Here policeman get away with torture and murder, and are covered and commended by their colleagues, this guy is the hero of the day, and Sam will probably get some trouble from this.'

:thumb:

BARONE RAFFAELE t-shirts now available in all sizes @ Benny boutique

Front : pic of Raffaele

Back : I Collared Cry Wolf CrankFraud 4/7/17

I never buy police versions. They are a corporation designed to protect powerful people and control the masses. ...

Then you'd buy an arrogant british singer's version pretending to lecture a policeman about laws of a country he's no any clues about?
"I am a celebrity, don't need to carry an I.D." sounds pretty nice to you...lol.

Drive the car on the wrong side of the way, furhermore fast, in one of the main streets of Rome's center, it is illegal and dangerous because the people there walk on part of the street. Someone, when is wrong like him must shut up, stay calm and collaborate with the officer. The psychopath is who believe to be better than the other citizens and that has the right to do everything he wants breaking the italian law (that he does not know) because is reach and (not too much) famous. He must apologise.

#JUSTICE FOR BARONE RAFFAELE

VIGIL TO BE HELD TONIGHT @ 7:45 pm OUTSIDE THE NIKE STORE
We will soon be setting up a just giving page soon with all proceeds being used to send Steven CrankFruad and his conniving Nephew to do a stretch in prison for defamation of character and upsetting the un-hinged bot community.

#We:heartssuit:Rome and Barone Raffaele

His nephew hasn't even got the brains to be conniving. way too dumb. He just does whatever he thinks his uncle will like - being nothing like his uncle in looks or mature he gets that wrong.
Its known he spends his money on hookers Jackass sammy can only get women he can pay for or who want to be near his uncle.
I do agree this shamming of a police officer with no real evidence is disgusting.
The true bully is morrissey and his gang using media to attack some gut who was only doing their job.
Morrisseys fans these days are so f*** nut stupid they probably believe all this.
Like they believe morrissey was abused by a teacher and an air port staff member.

Oh Sammy....what a complete tool you are!
Come on Moz, we know he is family but after the horrific Kiss Me video and the non-stop bad photoshops he calls art, perhaps it's time to bring Jake back as your sidekick.

What a pair of arrogant bullshitters.

Defamation is a criminal offence in Italy. Maximum three years or six if it counts as calumny.

I suppose a case like this wouldn't actually be prosecuted normally. But, then again, the normal thing would be to issue a comprehensive apology.

Publishing the policeman's photo was a really bad move which could have bad consequences for Mozz, it's not very clever to do that, possibly not even legal, at least here in Spain it is not.
And I think it's pretty obvious the policeman didn't point a gun at Morrissey, he would only do that if he was threatened, he may have been holding his holster but that's it.

Roma, Morrissey litiga col poliziotto in via del Corso. “Minacce e urla” - La Repubblica
"Poteva uccidermi - accusa la rockstar - impugnava una pistola. La replica della questura: "E' arrivato a forte velocità contromano"

di FEDERICA ANGELI

Just translating, guys.

Scan of print edition from Betta:

And here...
http://roma.repubblica.it/cronaca/2...iziotto_minacce_e_urla_-170100345/?ref=search

according to the same newspaper, the police were there with anti-terrorism units, doing routine checks on everyone--not just the vehicle containing Morrissey....so the chances were good that the vehicle would've been stopped regardless at the checkpoint. Of course, red flags were raised because the vehicle was speeding in a densely-populated tourist area, and because the driver was speeding against traffic.

I love Morrissey with the white hot passion of a thousand suns, but Sam is in the wrong here, and M. ought to ask his nephew to mind his manners, stop creating stupid memes, and just shut up. It could have gone much worse for Sam, given the facts.

Just a small point, but after experiencing Italian 'drivers', I can't see speeding being a real issue.
Most Italian driving appears to involve pointing your vehicle where you want, shouting a lot and holding the horn down for excessive periods. The scooter drivers are even more unpredictable. No huge stereotyping implied - just physically observed behaviour.
Officious Policeman meets misog and rattle antlers - end of story really.
Regards,
FWD.

Just a small point, but after experiencing Italian 'drivers', I can't see speeding being a real issue.
Most Italian driving appears to involve pointing your vehicle where you want, shouting a lot and holding the horn down for excessive periods. The scooter drivers are even more unpredictable. No huge stereotyping implied - just physically observed behaviour.
Officious Policeman meets misog and rattle antlers - end of story really.
Regards,
FWD.

They're not really unpredictable, they just behave completely differently to drivers in other countries. It makes some sort of mad sense once you get used to it. Driving over the limit and going the wrong way is the same everywhere, though.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom