Morrissey and SER driving at high speed in wrong direction according to police - La Repubblica

Hey just so you know, here is the police version from the italian newspaper "La Repubblica":

Roma, Morrissey litiga col poliziotto in via del Corso. “Minacce e urla” - La Repubblica
"Poteva uccidermi - accusa la rockstar - impugnava una pistola. La replica della questura: "E' arrivato a forte velocità contromano"

di FEDERICA ANGELI

They claim Sam was driving on the wrong sense at "full speed" and that they stopped him - apparently scared for the threat of a car driving at full speed in the wrong direction - to ask for his documents first, and then Morrissey's.
The article continues:Morrissey was asked four times for a document, but instead of telling them he left the wallet in the hotel he told them he did not do anything and did not had to deliver his document.
Than Sam proceeded to take a photo of they guy (who in the meantime googled Morrissey and realised who he was) and told him "you're going to be famous".
Apparently, both the policeman (whose photo was published) and the italian police want to sue Morrissey, the articles concludes.
The officer claim he never pointed the gun.

Just translating, guys.

----------------

Adding the police statement (from a newspaper) I just found

«The car was proceding from Via della Frezza on the wrong direction, tuesday late afternoon, and came into a very crowded (because of the sale week shopping) via del corso. The agents on the "nibbio" motorbikes, who are regularly patrolling the historical center because of counterterrorism measures, did not hesitate to stop the car and ask the people on board for their id». According to the Questura after the first check «the policeman issued the ticket to the driver, who admitted his responsibility - according to the violations commited. But the other person - in other words the singer (exactly like this in the police memo - hilarious :)) - has been hostile since the beginning: an english citizen, he insisted saying he could not be forced to produce his ID or state his identity because he commited no felony, and was very surprised he wasn't recognised by the policemen. After some persistence the agents, who spoke english, allowed the person to call the hotel twice, thus learning the man's identity in order to run further checks even in the absence of an ID. During the checks the artist, bothered, shoot some pictures to the policeman threatening “you will become famous”».

(I don't know if the "artist" at the end is supposed to be morrissey or sam)

Sorry for the translation, but police statements are written in a strange funny language

Update:
SER has just written in his facebook page (comment in the same photo post) it was not him driving the car and he was not in italy at the moment. What the hell?

This is getting more and more ridicolous.

Sam Esty Rayner Photography:

"The Italian newspapers state, on behalf of Roma Polizia, that the driver of the car was Sam Esty Rayner.

Sam was not the driver; was not in the car; was not in Italy on the date of the incident.
"

Scan of print edition from Betta:

40318_morrissey_repbblica_scan.jpg

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Do one you pussy, there are no pictures of a crowd of a hundred as he claims, he has become a complete fool and desperately tries to cling onto to fame through bullshit like this.

Hi Surface
Hope you and the family are well.
I'm going to give the crowd of 100 people another 24 hour extension to post their mobile footage of this incident. If nothing is forthcoming its looking like a load of old cock and nonsense.

Best wishes

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Article includes good plugs for the album and the film!

I think Sam did. Everyone here is assuming Sam screwed up but it's not the case; I've updated the post with the police statement; apparently Sam recognised he was in the wrong and took the ticket; d problems began to arise when Morrissey refused to identify himself.

I know being yelled at by the police sucks. It makes you feel very vulnerable and scared. I don't know what really happened but as I stated I know italian police can be particularly shitty and I have no doubt they were unpleasant and arrogant. Nobody understands until it happens to them.

I am sorry if he's going away (he's literally at 4/5 km from my house and I love just the idea of it) but this is not the Italy he lived in once. He has some touristic idealised version in his mind of what this country is, and I am glad if he's over it, even if it means he won't be back. Just hope he'll finish whatever he's come to do! I'd love to hear a song about Raffaele Barone.

'as I stated I know italian police can be particularly shitty and I have no doubt they were unpleasant and arrogant. Nobody understands until it happens to them.'

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Considering Tourism in Italy --->>
Not to have papers is not crime after your identity is determined ("...or other personal qualities..."); Morrissey's identity was determined by physical witness (Sam) and then by the police officer himself (via google). And of story. Morrissey didn't do any felony.

INFORMATIVE. THANK YOU. :thumb:

'as I stated I know italian police can be particularly shitty and I have no doubt they were unpleasant and arrogant. Nobody understands until it happens to them.'

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Do us all a favour and 4ck off !
You're previous reactionary comments on this topic have stunk the site out.
No need to reply :handpointup:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Please don't take the police statement as literal truth. I have posted it just for the sake of complete documentation, but I can tell you italian police is very well inclined to lies and deception.

:thumb:

Why did they suspect he was a terrorist. Was Morrissey wearing a burka?

There were bad times on Maudlin Street
when they took you away in a police car
dear Inspector - don't you know?
don't you care?
don't you know - about Love?

"but I can tell you italian police is very well inclined to lies and deception."
Well, thats like Moz though, interesting in the his/sam's original statement he failed to mention the car he was in was stopped for speeding. he made it seem like he was randomly targeted in the street for no reason in the slightest.

Last edited:
Considering Tourism in Italy --->>
Not to have papers is not crime after your identity is determined ("...or other personal qualities..."); Morrissey's identity was determined by physical witness (Sam) and then by the police officer himself (via google). And of story. Morrissey didn't do any felony.
Nice try Anon IP Hash: 95e56434b3

:thumb:

Doesn't seem relevant as nobody was injured, no damage was done, why should the passenger be questioned at all? I SUPPORT MORRISSEY. HE IS TOTALLY RIGHT. KEEP BEING YOU.

:tiphat:

"but I can tell you italian police is very well inclined to lies and deception."
Well, thats like Moz though, interesting in the his/sam's original statement he failed to mention the car he was in was stopped for speeding. seemed like he was randomly targeted in the street for no reason in the slightest.

The good news is that Morrissey is writing a new album's worth of anti-police songs lamenting policewomen, policemen, silly women, taxmen, uniformed whores...

And as for you in your uniform
Your smelly uniform
You think you can be rude to me
Because you wear a uniform
A smelly uniform
And so you think you can be rude to me

Kenmare, I don't understand how you can't see the difference. He was not driving the car.
I think we just disagree (like the song says) countthree. At police checkpoints, to my knowledge, everyone in a vehicle is checked, not just the driver. It wasn't a simple traffic stop, as numerous reporters have noted. Because of the season, the crowds, the elevated threat risk, the tourism, and the fact that it's a central Roman thoroughfare, it was chosen to be a terrorism checkpoint. It wasn't just Sam running a stop sign on rural road.

I never buy police versions. They are a corporation designed to protect powerful people and control the masses. They give a shit about common people security, if it were not so mafias and gangs wouldn't exist, when in fact they are now stronger than ever and they are the better partners of police and governments. The few times I asked police protection I found excuses, not security. I have limited a lot of actvities in my life by fear because I know I'm defenseless. But corrupt politicians, judges and powerful people have free police protection payed with tax payers money. Let alone that when they have the opportunity a lot of policemen enjoy a display of guns and impunity protected by their uniforms. Good people don't survive as cops.
Right, whereas Morrissey always tells the truth, is never contradicted and has never been proven wrong.

Did he need to yell? LOL! Maybe he did. Emoting at a high volume is also a common trait of the culture. The same applies to mny other cultures. Thank you for being the first person to have wherewithal to unleash the term "civil rights". Fully local and completely legal, barring international treaties which anyone who can find the time to post bullshit on a forum could take the effort to read.

I'm betting that 90% of the ignorant, ball-washing, whiny little apologist bitches on here weren't even alive in 1983.
Sir or madam, if you read carefully, you'll note that I'm not an apologist, nor was I just a twinkle in my parents' eyes in 1983. Cheers, anonymous....I didn't disagree with you!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom