Morrissey and SER driving at high speed in wrong direction according to police - La Repubblica

Hey just so you know, here is the police version from the italian newspaper "La Repubblica":

Roma, Morrissey litiga col poliziotto in via del Corso. “Minacce e urla” - La Repubblica
"Poteva uccidermi - accusa la rockstar - impugnava una pistola. La replica della questura: "E' arrivato a forte velocità contromano"

di FEDERICA ANGELI

They claim Sam was driving on the wrong sense at "full speed" and that they stopped him - apparently scared for the threat of a car driving at full speed in the wrong direction - to ask for his documents first, and then Morrissey's.
The article continues:Morrissey was asked four times for a document, but instead of telling them he left the wallet in the hotel he told them he did not do anything and did not had to deliver his document.
Than Sam proceeded to take a photo of they guy (who in the meantime googled Morrissey and realised who he was) and told him "you're going to be famous".
Apparently, both the policeman (whose photo was published) and the italian police want to sue Morrissey, the articles concludes.
The officer claim he never pointed the gun.

Just translating, guys.

----------------

Adding the police statement (from a newspaper) I just found

«The car was proceding from Via della Frezza on the wrong direction, tuesday late afternoon, and came into a very crowded (because of the sale week shopping) via del corso. The agents on the "nibbio" motorbikes, who are regularly patrolling the historical center because of counterterrorism measures, did not hesitate to stop the car and ask the people on board for their id». According to the Questura after the first check «the policeman issued the ticket to the driver, who admitted his responsibility - according to the violations commited. But the other person - in other words the singer (exactly like this in the police memo - hilarious :)) - has been hostile since the beginning: an english citizen, he insisted saying he could not be forced to produce his ID or state his identity because he commited no felony, and was very surprised he wasn't recognised by the policemen. After some persistence the agents, who spoke english, allowed the person to call the hotel twice, thus learning the man's identity in order to run further checks even in the absence of an ID. During the checks the artist, bothered, shoot some pictures to the policeman threatening “you will become famous”».

(I don't know if the "artist" at the end is supposed to be morrissey or sam)

Sorry for the translation, but police statements are written in a strange funny language

Update:
SER has just written in his facebook page (comment in the same photo post) it was not him driving the car and he was not in italy at the moment. What the hell?

This is getting more and more ridicolous.

Sam Esty Rayner Photography:

"The Italian newspapers state, on behalf of Roma Polizia, that the driver of the car was Sam Esty Rayner.

Sam was not the driver; was not in the car; was not in Italy on the date of the incident.
"

Scan of print edition from Betta:

40318_morrissey_repbblica_scan.jpg

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam Easy trainer wheels, and his grown man passenger of 58, yes 58 years old, can't take the situation in hand and quell the angst of a policeman who stops said inept driver, and quiet correctly requires him to show identity, the gobshite was speeding the wrong way up a major road in one of the worlds major cities, and rather than "look officer i'm sorry I have not brought any id" the old chap starts ballooning he has to do no such thing I know my rights, child, childlike beyond belief. Then makes after leaving the scene of a crime makes a song and dance about it all over social media, lets hope the Italian authorities track down Mr Rainor and do him.
Cancelling 7 Italian shows? I'm sure the authorities will be distraught, again he's 58 years old.

Yes, dear friend billybu69, maybe.
But, what can you do when Morrissey's gospel is everything that James Baldwin put on a paper ;);
And the police are simply the hired enemies of population. They are present to keep the man in his place and to protect great business interests, and they have no other function. They are, moreover—even in a world which makes the very grave error of equating ignorance with simplicity—quite stunningly ignorant; and, since they know that they are hated, they are always afraid. One cannot possibly arrive at a more surefire formula for cruelty... (mild paraphrasing)
You can do nothing, because James Baldwin is always spot on. ;)

I don't know if the cop is lying. If it goes to court and if we get a transcript of what is said in court? I don't know if that will prove anything. I think anyone would be freaked out if a cop is talking to you while they have their hand on their gun.

So did the cop have his gun ready even after his identity was already proven?

And if so ....

Why would he need to have his gun ready to shoot when both Sam identified his passenger and the cop already googled M's identity?

Why did the cop fear M after having already known his identity?

Why did the cop think it was necessary to have his gun ready if all that M was doing was refusing to supply identity?

Will the cop admit in court that he had his gun ready to shoot simply because a person refused to give identity?

Should not giving ones identity immediately be a red flag to a cop that he should have his gun ready to kill?

Should cops be trained to deal with foreigners that might not know the laws of the country they are in?

Sop making a fool of yourself and just 4ck off :cool:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

But why oh why did the police let those dangerous terrorists walk?
No arrest, no charges, nothing!
The police decided, despite the terrorist thread and the law supporting them to have these dangerous cretins arrested, to let them walk.
A bit of scaring them, hand on holster and then mwaw, walk you bloody tourists. :straightface:
Hi QQQ!
I think during the whole mess it became clear that in the car was a celebrity singer and his bad-driver nephew....not a terrorist risk. Like in Cool Hand Luke...what we had there was a failure to communicate, or at least to communicate well. Was it communicated to Morrissey/Sam that it was a terrorism checkpoint? I would think that after the horrific Manchester bombing, M. would understand and support such efforts. That was probably lost in translation. There was failing on both sides, not the least of which was the red flags raised by the original traffic offense. Speeding wrong-way driving in a public place no doubt raised the hackles of the checkpoint staffers. Adrenalin was running high on both sides. My view (just my opinion) is that the police showed forbearance in talking it out (even if it took a long time) by not issuing charges for anything. The whole thing is unfortunate.

I don't know if the cop is lying. If it goes to court and if we get a transcript of what is said in court? I don't know if that will prove anything. I think anyone would be freaked out if a cop is talking to you while they have their hand on their gun.

So did the cop have his gun ready even after his identity was already proven?

And if so ....

Why would he need to have his gun ready to shoot when both Sam identified his passenger and the cop already googled M's identity?

Why did the cop fear M after having already known his identity?

Why did the cop think it was necessary to have his gun ready if all that M was doing was refusing to supply identity?

Will the cop admit in court that he had his gun ready to shoot simply because a person refused to give identity?

Should not giving ones identity immediately be a red flag to a cop that he should have his gun ready to kill?

Should cops be trained to deal with foreigners that might not know the laws of the country they are in?

Get the message !
4ck off ! You're stinkin the site out good and proper now !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Well from this thread it seems he has at least four fans left..

- An angry teen in his Mothers basement who enjoys B rate film
- A staunch vegan with a list of the lost avatar (must be a relative, no one liked that book)
- His Bassist x3
- And special K (whom obviously took too much, as they are now clearly mentally ill)

Quite a band of misfits.

Oh I forgot the Count, who thinks he is Johnny Cochrane, but is actually just a dick!

Yes, dear friend billybu69, maybe.
But, what can you do when Morrissey's gospel is everything that James Baldwin put on a paper ;);
And the police are simply the hired enemies of population. They are present to keep the man in his place and to protect great business interests, and they have no other function. They are, moreover—even in a world which makes the very grave error of equating ignorance with simplicity—quite stunningly ignorant; and, since they know that they are hated, they are always afraid. One cannot possibly arrive at a more surefire formula for cruelty... (mild paraphrasing)
You can do nothing, because James Baldwin is always spot on. ;)

Yeah, so had Morrissey issued a statement saying that he had refused to co-operate with the police because they are simply the lackeys of ... er ... wealthy tax-dodgers and the suchlike, and refused to recognise the convention of driving on the right because it's just plain stupid, then maybe he would deserve some sort of respect for his forthright candour. But that's not what he did. He just told a pack of lies about what happened.

Yeah, so had Morrissey issued a statement saying that he had refused to co-operate with the police because they are simply the lackeys of ... er ... wealthy tax-dodgers and the suchlike, and refused to recognise the convention of driving on the right because it's just plain stupid, then maybe he would deserve some sort of respect for his forthright candour. But that's not what he did. He just told a pack of lies about what happened.
Morrissey didn't drive the car. Morrissey's identity was correctly determined (by physical witness Sam, and by police via google). So. No felony from Morrissey. No pack of lies - pure facts.

If Mozzer wanted to be all badass he should've told his nephew to put the pedal to the metal and left that copper to eat his fast and furious dust.

Only puddytats stop for da man!

Well from this thread it seems he has at least four fans left..

- An angry teen in his Mothers basement who enjoys B rate film
- A staunch vegan with a list of the lost avatar (must be a relative, no one liked that book)
- His Bassist x3
- And special K (whom obviously took too much, as they are now clearly mentally ill)

Quite a band of misfits.

Oh I forgot the Count, who thinks he is Johnny Cochrane, but is actually just a dick!
The Misfits (1961)

Morrissey didn't drive the car. Morrissey's identity was correctly determined (by physical witness Sam, and by police via google). So. No felony from Morrissey. No pack of lies - pure facts.

This!
By the way nobody, not Sam, not Moz, not the Italian police or newspapers, mentioned Sam received a ticket for speeding and driving in the wrong direction.
All very serious offences, meh, so did he or did he not?
If not then all that fuss about serious crimes and committing a felony I can't take seriously at all. They let them walk away! :eek: :D
Never, ever have I seen such law abiding, morally superior cretins saying how wrong Moz is as here! :barf:

I know what the problem is here, it should've been Damon driving that damn car, not Sam. See Mozzy this is what happens when you give your humasexual man-servant the day off!

It is everywhere the same now, believe me.
As long as their asses are covered by their superiors and if they think they can get away with it by denying and hiding something happened that will not be seen as favourable to them, they will.
But they can't now. They let him walk. Only because they knew they could be in trouble cause certain details were registered.
o_O

'As long as their asses are covered by their superiors and if they think they can get away with it by denying and hiding something happened that will not be seen as favorable to them, they will.
But they can't now. They let him walk. Only because they knew they could be in trouble cause certain details were registered.'

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Hi QQQ!
I think during the whole mess it became clear that in the car was a celebrity singer and his bad-driver nephew....not a terrorist risk. Like in Cool Hand Luke...what we had there was a failure to communicate, or at least to communicate well. Was it communicated to Morrissey/Sam that it was a terrorism checkpoint? I would think that after the horrific Manchester bombing, M. would understand and support such efforts. That was probably lost in translation. There was failing on both sides, not the least of which was the red flags raised by the original traffic offense. Speeding wrong-way driving in a public place no doubt raised the hackles of the checkpoint staffers. Adrenalin was running high on both sides. My view (just my opinion) is that the police showed forbearance in talking it out (even if it took a long time) by not issuing charges for anything. The whole thing is unfortunate.

Was it a check point. From what's translated above it just says they patrol the area heavily because of terrorism fears and that they stopped he car for traffic violations and wrote a ticket for that offense. It's not like they drive through a check point

'As long as their asses are covered by their superiors and if they think they can get away with it by denying and hiding something happened that will not be seen as favorable to them, they will.
But they can't now. They let him walk. Only because they knew they could be in trouble cause certain details were registered.'

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Your still banging that drum, eh? And you still stand by your pig comments? Still drinking the kool-aid?

Your still banging that drum, eh? And you still stand by your pig comments? Still drinking the kool-aid?

Uhm, actually, if you look again, she quoted from my post. :)
I am on grappa.
You should try it, but a bit of a warning, it's only for men that can appreciate the digestive effects and the strong taste. :D

"Felony" doesn't really mean anything in Italy. According to reports, he committed a crime by refusing to co-operate with a police officer asking for his ID. It seems like the officer went easy on him for this, since he wasn't hauled in. But he has since possibly committed defamation against the police officer, and we'll just have to wait and see how that unfolds.

Uhm, actually, if you look again, she quoted from my post. :)
I am on grappa.
You should try it, but a bit of a warning, it's only for men that can appreciate the digestive effects and the strong taste. :D

I know, I was referring to her. She called that Officer a PIG before facts came out, and was just wondering if she still felt that way. I know if I pulled an asshat move like that I would regret it.

Don't laugh too much. It could happen to you. You never know if you or your family could have a close encounter with a "nervous" policeman. I hope not.
Everyone in my family travels extensively and know how to show respect and proper attitude whilst abroad.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom