Morrissey announces European & UK 2020 tour dates (Leeds, Cologne, Paris, London on sale Jan. 24)

First European Dates for 2020!

full

Posted by lutewhine (excerpt):

Press release just gone out ... here’s the bit about tour dates ...

———————
Now, as part of the next stage of Morrissey’s new album launch, two Morrissey UK arena concerts have been confirmed as well as dates in Cologne & Paris. The first UK date is at Leeds First Direct Arena on Friday, March 6th along with a second show set at The SSE Arena, Wembley in London on Saturday, March 14th. He also plays the Palladium Cologne on the 9th March and the Salle Pleyel in Paris on 11th March.

SJM Concerts will promote the dates. Ticket links and more show info can be found at www.gigsandtours.com, www.ticketmaster.co.uk or www.axs.com/uk.

Tickets to the shows will go on-sale to the public on Friday January 24th at 9am. An exclusive pre-sale will take place starting on Tuesday, January 21st at 9am for those fans who have pre-ordered the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album in advance through Townsend Music.

Pre-order information here; https://morrissey.lnk.to/albumstorePR

These new tour dates follow the critically acclaimed performances of Morrissey’s recent U.S. Tour in Autumn of 2019 with special guests Interpol.The 30 date tour drew large crowds and received rave reviews across the country.

This new limited run of shows, set to kick off the launch of the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album, promise to be not-to-be missed affairs if reaction to Morrissey’s 2019 U.S. dates is any indication. Press who covered the U.S. Autumn tour raved about the powerful performances as some of Morrissey’s best ever, while continually commenting on the strength of his “ageless” vocals.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Guardian newspaper is firm favourite.
Reckon they’re gonna buy shitloads of tickets and fill the performance with protesters like they did in Portland.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

There were *two* protestors in Portland. I was there, tenth row on the floor looking up at them the moment it started. Security was lax and lazy that night, as is usual at the Moda Center. In Portland someone’s always protesting something or other. If it was indeed a paper’s doing, the effort was limp. Biggest fear is he’s done with the Pacific Northwest thanks to a two person action. Let’s not rewrite history. That said, I’ve not a clue how this will play out across the pond.

I've seen Morrissey nearly 40 times in concert, so of course I'd f***ing consider going. Some habits are hard to break. Fortunately this isn't one of them

For everyone’s sanity, please ....

Prices will be well north of £50. These designer clothes aren't cheap you know!
One plastic bottle top on his head and he'll be off. Think on before you part with your hard earned cash.

that poster would have made a great album cover.could this be the album cover.

Last edited:
Here's a presale code I don't need. Putting it up for grabs:
M01ZFPNN

First European Dates for 2020!

full

Posted by lutewhine (excerpt):

Press release just gone out ... here’s the bit about tour dates ...

———————
Now, as part of the next stage of Morrissey’s new album launch, two Morrissey UK arena concerts have been confirmed as well as dates in Cologne & Paris. The first UK date is at Leeds First Direct Arena on Friday, March 6th along with a second show set at The SSE Arena, Wembley in London on Saturday, March 14th. He also plays the Palladium Cologne on the 9th March and the Salle Pleyel in Paris on 11th March.

SJM Concerts will promote the dates. Ticket links and more show info can be found at www.gigsandtours.com, www.ticketmaster.co.uk or www.axs.com/uk.

Tickets to the shows will go on-sale to the public on Friday January 24th at 9am. An exclusive pre-sale will take place starting on Tuesday, January 21st at 9am for those fans who have pre-ordered the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album in advance through Townsend Music.

Pre-order information here; https://morrissey.lnk.to/albumstorePR

These new tour dates follow the critically acclaimed performances of Morrissey’s recent U.S. Tour in Autumn of 2019 with special guests Interpol.The 30 date tour drew large crowds and received rave reviews across the country.

This new limited run of shows, set to kick off the launch of the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album, promise to be not-to-be missed affairs if reaction to Morrissey’s 2019 U.S. dates is any indication. Press who covered the U.S. Autumn tour raved about the powerful performances as some of Morrissey’s best ever, while continually commenting on the strength of his “ageless” vocals.

Media items:
Oh my god I LOVE that picture!!
Well...be kind to Morrissey you guys.

I got a Morrissey newsletter. It's a thing which exists!

I wonder if someone will try to get him a radio or t.v. interview? (I'd leave print for dead at this point, they'll only ask leading questions then drag him across their social media).

I got a Morrissey newsletter. It's a thing which exists!

I wonder if someone will try to get him a radio or t.v. interview? (I'd leave print for dead at this point, they'll only ask leading questions then drag him across their social media).

It would need to be carefully managed; questions issued up front, sensible replies composed & rehearsed, strictly no ad libs, stick to a firm plan, no deviation from the script. Hopefully, fool proof methodology.

There were *two* protestors in Portland. I was there, tenth row on the floor looking up at them the moment it started. Security was lax and lazy that night, as is usual at the Moda Center. In Portland someone’s always protesting something or other. If it was indeed a paper’s doing, the effort was limp. Biggest fear is he’s done with the Pacific Northwest thanks to a two person action. Let’s not rewrite history. That said, I’ve not a clue how this will play out across the pond.

Oh it was definitely The Guardians doing Steve said so himself.
I don’t doubt there were only two protesters either.
The footage of it was absolutely hilarious. It reminded me of Warsaw 19/9/14 when did a runner with all the proceeds only seven songs in.
Our Steve likes to give it and stir things up yet the moment the tables are turned on him he throws his toys out of the pram.
Prior to Portland he enjoyed stirring the shit up by sporting the trident pin badge. Yet as soon as it was relayed back at him on a hand held poster at his performance he lost the plot and it’s all there caught on film for the world to laugh at.
Steve has been my favourite comedian for a long time now. Completely bonkers.
Here’s to 2020 and loads more laughs.

that poster would have made a great album cover.

Give over Gordy
He looks like Susan Boyle with his grey mad hair do. And that hideous green costume looks like something from Thunderbirds.
The fuse box has definitely tripped, it’s such a shame that the people around him don’t have the balls to reset it.

I was at the Wembley Arena show in December 2006 - was about 80% full if I recall. Think Morrissey was more popular back then so debatable if this will sell out. Of course the next album could be a career defining best seller. Or perhaps more of the same chugging rock aimed at a small fanbase? We shall see said the blindman.

Not the nicest venues but I’ll be there!
Come on Moz do a few more while you’re over here, we’ve missed you!

Give over Gordy
He looks like Susan Boyle with his grey mad hair do. And that hideous green costume looks like something from Thunderbirds.
The fuse box has definitely tripped, it’s such a shame that the people around him don’t have the balls to reset it.

That may be, but it would still make a better cover!

I went to the last Moz leeds arena gig and it went down as one of the worst Morrissey gigs I’ve been to, and I’ve been to quite a lot! Hoping this isn’t his only northern date! He should do a few nights at the Albert Hall in Manchester.

Moz in Paris in March. Pleyel is originally a venue for classical music.Good idea!
Unfortunately I will be in Barcelona at that time!
Bad luck

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom