Morrissey announces European & UK 2020 tour dates (Leeds, Cologne, Paris, London on sale Jan. 24)

First European Dates for 2020!

full

Posted by lutewhine (excerpt):

Press release just gone out ... here’s the bit about tour dates ...

———————
Now, as part of the next stage of Morrissey’s new album launch, two Morrissey UK arena concerts have been confirmed as well as dates in Cologne & Paris. The first UK date is at Leeds First Direct Arena on Friday, March 6th along with a second show set at The SSE Arena, Wembley in London on Saturday, March 14th. He also plays the Palladium Cologne on the 9th March and the Salle Pleyel in Paris on 11th March.

SJM Concerts will promote the dates. Ticket links and more show info can be found at www.gigsandtours.com, www.ticketmaster.co.uk or www.axs.com/uk.

Tickets to the shows will go on-sale to the public on Friday January 24th at 9am. An exclusive pre-sale will take place starting on Tuesday, January 21st at 9am for those fans who have pre-ordered the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album in advance through Townsend Music.

Pre-order information here; https://morrissey.lnk.to/albumstorePR

These new tour dates follow the critically acclaimed performances of Morrissey’s recent U.S. Tour in Autumn of 2019 with special guests Interpol.The 30 date tour drew large crowds and received rave reviews across the country.

This new limited run of shows, set to kick off the launch of the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album, promise to be not-to-be missed affairs if reaction to Morrissey’s 2019 U.S. dates is any indication. Press who covered the U.S. Autumn tour raved about the powerful performances as some of Morrissey’s best ever, while continually commenting on the strength of his “ageless” vocals.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see him coming to the UK
BUT what awful venues.
If he stuck to small theatre-like venues,he could have been on to a winner.

I think what's surprised me, & possibly others, is the sheer pace of things that seems to have gathered in recent weeks.
We had the debacle about It's Over & all that confusion; is it, isn't it coming out, where/when/wtf, etc.
Then we had BDYTTK dropped, which is a superb track.
Then all the merch seemed to have arrived, along with all the marketing/promo/pre-order malarkey for IANADOAC...out 20 March.
And now Tour dates!..which are (if 6th March is firm) actually only something like 7 weeks away!
Have BMG had a rocket up the arse, or something? All seems very rapid.

His last UK tour was a huge success too, with 22,000 tickets sold in London alone. So I expect these to sell out soon, too.
The Paris and Cologne ones are smaller sized venues, so they will sell out soon, too.

Technically that was his last fulfilled UK tour Thewlis but lets not forget the tour he postponed due to poor sales. Hopefully with only 2 dates, they should sell ok.

Technically that was his last fulfilled UK tour Thewlis but lets not forget the tour he postponed due to poor sales. Hopefully with only 2 dates, they should sell ok.
True, but they were ill-planned, just a few months after his arena-tour and without a new release to tour with. So I think it was wise to cancel.
This time, just prior to a proper new album release the excitement will be at a peak and I think these four dates should sell out soon.
Then I think a full tour, with probably and hopefully some smaller sized venues as well, will follow soon.

At least 2 of the band have events booked in the first 4 months of the year already - which may have some bearing on dates and brevity of this 'tour'.
Regards,
FWD.

Ever the wet blanket. Let the fans enjoy these news, even if it’s not for you. Nothing Thewlis said was wrong or incorrect, so why feel the need to be this anal and petty?

Great to see him coming to the UK
BUT what awful venues.
If he stuck to small theatre-like venues,he could have been on to a winner.

Plus he doesn't have the fanbase to fill these huge atmosphere-free enormodomes in the UK anymore anyway, so they'll either be cancelled like last time, or be half empty. You'll be better off getting tickets for the French shows, and popping over the Channel. I'm done with Morrissey in the UK until he starts playing decent venues again.

I'm really not sure I can bring myself to brave Wembley

I'll watch it on the telly, will it be on the telly?

will skinny pseudonyms fly to leeds on the private troll jet? just arrived in cheshire from an imaginary trip to miami ohio??:laughing:

they are all worried about ticket prices when they are all :banned:
:clap:

I’ve just informed the undercover agents at The Guardian about these UK dates.
“Don’t worry sir it’s all in hand” was the reply.

So all in all when these dates get cancelled it’s all down to The Guardian newspaper.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I’ve just informed the undercover agents at The Guardian about these UK dates.
“Don’t worry sir it’s all in hand” was the reply.

So all in all when these dates get cancelled it’s all down to The Guardian newspaper.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Skinny I doubt they called you 'sir'. :lbf:
The Ayathollah from Bradford yes but sir no.:lbf:

Leeds promises to be among his very best cancellations of all time.

Well this great news for my Moz fans in England that have been waiting patiently.
So it looks as if these dates are before lp release, and we only have 1 great song to go by, hopefully more will leak out before then, Cant wait to see the playlist for these shows and coverage
which I know will be great because FWD will be there and he never ceases to amaze us with his info(thank goodness) and I know these tickets will go fast ....if you snooze you will lose. Way to go MOZ for Europe

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom