11-22 St. Louis, MO - Peabody Opera House
11-25 Chicago, IL - Riviera Theater
11-28 Detroit, MI - The Fillmore Detroit
11-30 Washington, DC - The Anthem
12-02 New York, NY - Theatre at Madison Square Garden
12-04 Philadelphia, PA - The Fillmore
12-07 Boston, MA - Orpheum Theatre

^ with Billy Idol

Ticketmaster / Live Nation starting to show on sale dates for shows Sep. 29, pre-sales starting Sep. 25.

UPDATE 5:00 PM PT:

Image from Morrissey Official FB:

40800_2017_tour.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
He'll play it. I'm concerned about the Fillmore, never been and layout is all general admission standing. Not sure how to cope with that type of venue.

There's some sort of VIP arrangement with seats and table service upstairs down the sides towards the stairs, or there was when I was there last month. God knows what they'd charge for it though, even GA isn't cheap.

The Boston show at the Orpheum on Dec 7th is back on Ticketmaster. It says, "Presale starts on Mon 09/25/17 @ 10:00 am EDT" No other details.

His touring fans are a bunch of dummies who should figure out something more constructive to do with their time and money than travel hundreds of miles to see the same setlist night after night with maybe one change, two if they're supremely lucky. Sorry, but somebody really has to say it.

Sounds like you have been plum done-wrong by those few out there who are true arses.

Don't get me wrong - I too have been unfairly displaced by others who never have had to wait in line for hours on end. I cannot say I have much love for some of the regular names on that 'hated fans' thread found elsewhere, but I have met many good people who were lucky enough to scrape their hard-earned cash together and carved out time enough to see more than a single show.

I enjoy traveling when able to see a show due to the fact that some towns have nicer fans. Its a fact sadly. I am proudly from SoCal but it can be unkind... I am sure some Londoners may say similarly.

Sounds like you have been plum done-wrong by those few out there who are true arses.

Don't get me wrong - I too have been unfairly displaced by others who never have had to wait in line for hours on end. I cannot say I have much love for some of the regular names on that 'hated fans' thread found elsewhere, but I have met many good people who were lucky enough to scrape their hard-earned cash together and carved out time enough to see more than a single show.

I enjoy traveling when able to see a show due to the fact that some towns have nicer fans. Its a fact sadly. I am proudly from SoCal but it can be unkind... I am sure some Londoners may say similarly.
I've never been done wrong by any of the "list" peeps. I'm only actually familiar with Julia, because I bought physical copies of True to you back in the day from her, and Morrissey calling her out mid show. I hear they are twisted and obscene, and a little deranged in most cases.

I've seen him twice in a row on a few occasions when the shows were geographically close together, but I've never seen the point in uprooting your life for the same songs, and devoting 24-48 wasted hours for 60-90 minute shows all depending on the tour.

Honestly, I'm a pessimistic naysayer. I mean, I am a Morrissey fan after all. But this looks good to me.
In addition to health woes in the past, I've also wondered if as an introvert, whether many of his cancellations were due to not being able to recharge his social batteries, if you will. People are exhausting.

Of course, no one knows what will actually happen, but it doesn't seem overly ambitious as some past tours (with cancellations) did. For example, I only see 2 back-to-back shows (SF/Paso & LA).

Maybe it's the 1st leg with a larger 2nd leg in the works?

Last edited:
His touring fans are a bunch of dummies who should figure out something more constructive to do with their time and money than travel hundreds of miles to see the same setlist night after night with maybe one change, two if they're supremely lucky. Sorry, but somebody really has to say it.

like what ?

'I know the meaning of life, it doesn't help me a bit'

Who's to know what a life lived right or wrong is? We have are beliefs on how life should be lived and we make up reasons to support these beliefs, but is it really possible to know? It's subjective. As far as we know, we don't get a prize after we're dead because we lived a 'good life',nor are we punished for living a 'bad life'.

how if the opposite is true? :D :smilingimp:.

like what ?

'I know the meaning of life, it doesn't help me a bit'

Who's to know what a life lived right or wrong is? We have are beliefs on how life should be lived and we make up reasons to support these beliefs, but is it really possible to know? It's subjective. As far as we know, we don't get a prize after we're dead because we lived a 'good life',nor are we punished for living a 'bad life'.

how if the opposite is true? :D :smilingimp:.
We've talked about this one before, KS, with the same argument made on either side and I can appreciate your opinion 100%. In my life, the only way I could see it is if I suddenly had the wild urge to do some Kerouac-esque great American road trip where the trip was the point, and the shows were just reasons to go to cities I otherwise might not. Even then, securing tickets, racing to get to the venues, etc etc would do my head (and wallet) in.

What is good to me could be torturous to others, and vise versa. It's when the illness seeps in, and the motivations behind the activity get icky that I can't abide it. Camping on the sidewalk, abusing others in a crush to get to one's "rightful place at the front" and all for the chance of kissing the master's ring, or having a word directed your way. It reminds me of remora fish suckered to the underbelly of a shark, just desperately hoping for the scraps that fall from its mouth. It strikes me as sad, when it should be joyous, and only possessing the illusion of meaningfulness for what strike me as people who struggle to find meaning for themselves.

For me, Morrissey is a welcome addition to my life, not the driving force behind it. My loved ones get that privilege.

i dont think ill go. i like klaus nomi now, and i can only ever have one fixation at a time and if im not absolutely fixated on something it often does seem worth doing. therefore, even though im still fond of morrissey, i just cant really be bothered.

i dont think ill go. i like klaus nomi now, and i can only ever have one fixation at a time and if im not absolutely fixated on something it often does seem worth doing. therefore, even though im still fond of morrissey, i just cant really be bothered.
Will you wait 'til after the fall? Maybe winter or spring, perhaps?

:eek:

Nice. Leaves lots of time for Moz to come back to Ireland, the only country that matters and the only country left intact after fathead in North Diarrhoea nukes everywhere else. And gives me time to listen to the new album and write the lyrics onto my arm so that I'll know them for the concert singalong in case Moz stares at me and catches me ad libbing. That happened to me once at the World Peace tour in Dubland and it bound up my bowels for two weeks.

'Official' Twitter catches up with the press:

Album pre-sales reappear.
Regards,
FWD.

We've talked about this one before, KS, with the same argument made on either side and I can appreciate your opinion 100%. In my life, the only way I could see it is if I suddenly had the wild urge to do some Kerouac-esque great American road trip where the trip was the point, and the shows were just reasons to go to cities I otherwise might not. Even then, securing tickets, racing to get to the venues, etc etc would do my head (and wallet) in.

What is good to me could be torturous to others, and vise versa. It's when the illness seeps in, and the motivations behind the activity get icky that I can't abide it. Camping on the sidewalk, abusing others in a crush to get to one's "rightful place at the front" and all for the chance of kissing the master's ring, or having a word directed your way. It reminds me of remora fish suckered to the underbelly of a shark, just desperately hoping for the scraps that fall from its mouth. It strikes me as sad, when it should be joyous, and only possessing the illusion of meaningfulness for what strike me as people who struggle to find meaning for themselves.

For me, Morrissey is a welcome addition to my life, not the driving force behind it. My loved ones get that privilege.

'What is good to me could be torturous to others, ' :thumb:

'It strikes me as sad, when it should be joyous,and only possessing the illusion of meaningfulness for what strike me as people who struggle to find meaning for themselves.'

yes, this is your opinion on how you see it based on your beliefs of what is wrong and right. Though what 'should be joyous' to you is joyous to them and it is meaning found for them, we can make judgements about others but it doesn't mean we are right. To each their own, etc. Unless you know the meaning of life? then please share it with others less fortunate, so they too will know who and what to love and not love.

Along as you're not hurting other living beings and creatures, then I say... 'Do what thou wilt' :)

WHat is ‘pasa robles ‘?

Tags
fillmore philadelphia tour.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom