Morrissey as folk devil

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
My reply to that: check out Manning's middle digit.
20201002_233903.jpg

He really is and it becomes very clear from these passages from Autobiography (which I found very sad to read. Simply because it's not true. I mean, to me he's still stunning now, but even more so when the book first came out.)

"At a television studio I stand before the crowd like a political reformer, and then I catch sight of myself in an enormous camera lens and I look fat. But if I hadn’t noticed fatness I would have noticed something far worse. The critical eye never fails to find a flaw. What I am saying to people is: This is why I adapt poorly to the outside world, and by the way, let me kiss you." (Not sure which year this is, probably 2004-ish?)

"By Wednesday we are on the George Lopez television show in Burbank. ‘You know Morrissey’s here when you can’t get into your own dressing room,’ he announces on air (and this is not because I am inside pulling at the door handle). I feel fat and ugly, but I pipe my way through Don’t make fun of Daddy’s voice, of the lost canon, an A-side hit in a drawn-out dream." (2009)

And cementing his long-standing fascination with drummers, while metaphorically (and unfairly) reducing himself to a "fat blob":

"Onstage, I turn and watch Matt’s have-come-am-here earthquake determination and I recover from a lost moment. Inspiration is everything, and Matt is the trainer stirring the fat blob who dreams of pizza with every sit-up count, and calling the team to the 50-yard line." (2009)

Ach. He does always look as if he's trying not to see the monitor when he's on t.v.

Ach. He does always look as if he's trying not to see the monitor when he's on t.v.

Random observation but he often looks straight at the camera.

Even if he's being interviewed, he doesn't look at the interviewer but straight at the camera.

Morrissey said Hitler was left-wing!

I really don't know why this is always presented as evidence that he's a racist or a fascist, but it is.

Anyway - there was a book out that Morrissey may have read - Liberal Fascism by Jonah Goldberg - & it was reviewed in The Guardian's sister paper, The Observer.

View attachment 59544

View attachment 59545

So it's not a uniquely insane thing to say.

It's taken from a scatter gun answer to a question about dedicating an album to Dick Gregory.

Dick is an American civil rights activist & comedian, who was also an animal rights activist, who distrusted governments, didn't like tax & was a bit of a conspiracy theory loon - his memes & wiki give the general idea:

View attachment 59546

View attachment 59547

View attachment 59549

View attachment 59550
View attachment 59551
View attachment 59552

But Dorian Lynskey decides all of this muddle is Morrissey clarifying his views - he hates immigrants & Islam - the usual. There are no excuses & every passing remark can be paraphrased into a prosecution:

View attachment 59554

View attachment 59555

Whatabout other cultural figures with genuinely clarified views who get embroiled in racism scandals?

View attachment 59556

View attachment 59560

Or other people called racist by the left for a remark they made?

View attachment 59557

Or art written by people accused of hating vulnerable minorities?

View attachment 59558

View attachment 59559

Oh.

It's fair to say Morrissey has tunnel vision about animal rights & a terrible taste in marginal politicians - but everything else is just wanting him to be normal.

He's still sensitive & fond of outsiders & outcasts.

You're just never going to get a sane, coherent, workable political manifesto out of him.
Karen, I know you're new to this Morrissey lark, but Moz didn't only definitely read Liberal Fascism he mentioned it on his own site and recommended all his fans to read it.

It's a book that from beginning to end draws attention to the hypocrisy of the Left.

Scariest thing in showbiz.

Did anyone ever ask him why he writing messages on his body?

View attachment 59673

View attachment 59674

View attachment 59675

You forgot his arse an'all. Most important message of all.

tenor (4).gif

801c62f8e1f59221cde794c26731d0d0.gif

I don't think anyone ever asked him about it but I think it's probably related to his fondness of fake tattoos and fake bandages, it's a way of objectifying himself even further, making his body part of his message and attaching additional importance to it.

He also likes to write messages/words on others.

"MOZ" on Jake

hi_1994_themoreyouignore12_2.jpg

...and all kinds of stuff on his band members, like lyrics that would re-appear years later.

(Picture from 2008, he used a variation of the "dead in the bath" line on Never Again Will I Be A Twin in 2017 ("dead at the breast, outcast in the bath")

received_199135121176897.jpeg

You forgot his arse an'all. Most important message of all.

View attachment 59676

View attachment 59682

I don't think anyone ever asked him about it but I think it's probably related to his fondness of fake tattoos and fake bandages, it's a way of objectifying himself even further, making his body part of his message and attaching additional importance to it.

He also likes to write messages/words on others.

"MOZ" on Jake

View attachment 59677

...and all kinds of stuff on his band members, like lyrics that would re-appear years later.

(Picture from 2008, he used a variation of the "dead in the bath" line on Never Again Will I Be A Twin in 2017 ("dead at the breast, outcast in the bath")

View attachment 59678

How could I forget his arse?

20201001_010909.jpg

How could I forget his arse?

View attachment 59686
Please could you stop objectifing Morrissey. It is in bad taste. Morrissey is a human being first and foremost like the rest of us only he happens to be a famous music artist. I find some of what you say about him patronising. You try to understand his psychology and why he does certain things. Only Morrissey understands Morrissey and his nearest and dearest.

I don't get any feeling from you that you genuinely love and care about Morrissey as a human being nor that you are into his music. I really hope that you get to meet Morrissey and get to talk politics with him. What is your agenda? Why do you come here day after day? You are left-wing. Are you part of a political party?

Please could you stop objectifing Morrissey. It is in bad taste. Morrissey is a human being first and foremost like the rest of us only he happens to be a famous music artist. I find some of what you say about him patronising. You try to understand his psychology and why he does certain things. Only Morrissey understands Morrissey and his nearest and dearest.

I don't get any feeling from you that you genuinely love and care about Morrissey as a human being nor that you are into his music. I really hope that you get to meet Morrissey and get to talk politics with him. What is your agenda? Why do you come here day after day? You are left-wing. Are you part of a political party?

I try to understand his comms.

Because I love his work & I hate to see it buried beneath a heap of inaccurate & unfair articles & comments.

Well, I wonder.

20200315_103317.jpg

Dani Garavelli in today's Scotsman - I doubt she's thinking of Moz, his monstering happened just before the UK's December 2019 Election & JKgate, when everyone started to see there was a real problem.

But it's relevant.

20201004_114405.jpg

20201004_114344.jpg

20201004_114322.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Karen's agenda is to somehow prove that Moz never uttered the many "controversial" things that he did in fact say throughout his long career. One of Moz's greatly admired traits is to always speak his mind regardless of whether his opinion might be deemed "incorrect" by the thought police and regardless of whatever punishment they threaten. But not to Karen.

So she tearfully searches the archives to find that one magic quote that will fully exonerate Moz from having an opinion of his own, and hopes that one day he will beg forgiveness for his wrongspeak and in the fashion of Prince Harry announce himself woke, ashamed to be white and a born-again supporter of the Diversity Agenda and the Great Replacement that is re-engineering his beloved country into a foreign land.

Last edited:
I try to understand his comms.

Because I love his work & I hate to see it buried beneath a heap of inaccurate & unfair articles & comments.

Well, I wonder.

View attachment 59693

Dani Garavelli in today's Scotsman - I doubt she's thinking of Moz, his monstering happened just before the UK's December 2019 Election & JKgate, when everyone started to see there was a real problem.

But it's relevant.

View attachment 59694

View attachment 59695

View attachment 59696

Also relevant - & hilarious if you've been trapped in the left Twitter hellscape for the past NINE years.

Novara is like Faux-Woke For Dummies.

20201004_120141.jpg

Angela sounded the alarm 3 years ago but was drowned out by internet bullsh*t.

20201004_120058.jpg

20201004_120040.jpg

20201004_120027.jpg

24fa464f75b2bd002213541af8addf5e.jpg

Don't let the odious white nationalists fool you.

These conversations are happening on the left & they're not incompatible with diversity or inclusion. They make it workable.

Also relevant - & hilarious if you've been trapped in the left Twitter hellscape for the past NINE years.

Novara is like Faux-Woke For Dummies.

View attachment 59697

Angela sounded the alarm 3 years ago but was drowned out by internet bullsh*t.

View attachment 59698

View attachment 59699

View attachment 59700

Don't let the odious white nationalists fool you.

These conversations are happening on the left & they're not incompatible with diversity or inclusion. They make it workable.
Stop the Press: the left squabble amongst themselves.

I was talking about Angela Nagle's essay on here years ago. Bring up reality and they'll tell you reality is not allowed.

Tags
folk devil media morrissey
Back
Top Bottom