Morrissey at no. 16

4 top 20 hits from one album, not bad at all, considering the new download rule.

3 Morrissey You Have Killed Me Apr 2006
14 Morrissey The Youngest Was The Most Loved Jun 2006
17 Morrissey In The Future When All's Well Sep 2006
16 Morrissey I Just Want To See the Boy Happy Dec 2006

Is it doing better than Quarry's singles?

No, but that was before the download rule, and the singles were also slightly better, imo.
And Quarry sold more than ROTT too.

3 Morrissey Irish Blood English Heart May 2004
6 Morrissey First Of The Gang To Die Jul 2004
8 Morrissey Let Me Kiss You Oct 2004
10 Morrissey I Have Forgiven Jesus Dec 2004

Nope; they all went top 10.
It's good that he made the top 20 with Boy Happy. But largely ignored by radio so ROTT is unlikely to have returned to album chart. Think it's sold about 150,000 in the UK. Less than half of Quarry's sales.
Hmm, will probably have implications for the next record deal as it looks like Quarry's platinum sales may have been a one off...

I think the sales of ROTT is what Morrissey would normally sell without the "comeback" factor given that he is reluctant to do any promotion other than a few print interviews and playing gigs.

It's pretty healthy sales if you compare him to other artists of his status and age.

I think the sales of ROTT is what Morrissey would normally sell without the "comeback" factor given that he is reluctant to do any promotion other than a few print interviews and playing gigs.

It's pretty healthy sales if you compare him to other artists of his status and age.

Yes, the sales are relatively good. He's outsold all the recent albums by the likes of Bowie, McCartney the Rolling Stones etc. Jarvis Cocker's new album entered the chart at 37, slipped to 64, then disappeared. Would've sold less than 10,000.

Morrissey's promotional activity (including concerts) has relatively little bearing on record sales. The only thing that really makes a difference is radio airplay. Quarry was sinking like a stone after a coupe of weeks and would've sold no more than ROTT had it not been for the airplay that First of the Gang picked up which was unprecedented for a recent Moz single. It got loads of plays on Virgin and Xfm, and became the most played song on Radio 2; Britain's most popular station.

I Cant believe im STILL waiting for HMV to ship the single out to me, Ordered it well over a week ago but apparantely they're waiting for some more copies to arrive in stock. I wanna hear "Sweetie-pie" !

Indie Chart on BBC Radio one Morrisseys number one and funny enough Lazy Town is No 2

If anyone cares, IJWTSTBH hasn't even reached the Swedish charts yet, would be the first single since before IBEH (cause there's no track of them:)).

Still waiting for HMV to send me my copy, went into town yesterday and the local HMV had McFly at number 16...I;ve never known it so hard to get hold of a Moz single locally to me.

IJWTSTBH is down from 16 to 74 this week, if anyone cares.

Cheers. I do.

I find it the source of much amusement and entertainment Moz's dismal chart placings the week after he makes the charts.

This has got to be a new record though!!!! 58 places.

he said last night on XFM that a new album is likely in 2007 which i guess means he and the record company cant be too worried about the lower sales of ROTT.

Back
Top Bottom